Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
As a side note, before arriving in the Maldives we had a stop-over in Singapore. I had them put my incidentals of $244.92 on my Aspire card. Those never triggered the credit.TD
As expected. There are no resorts in Singapore as per hilton.com/resorts.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by husky96821
Anyone know what the typical price range for an entree is at the Conrad Maldives?
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
From $15++ to $30++ depending on the location.
Originally Posted by Michael19887
An entree is closer to $35++ to $75++ at one of the bars and $45++ to $90++ at the restaurants at CMR. There aren't any entrees anywhere on the resort that I remember in the $15++ to $30++ range. You might be able to find a chicken dish at Ufaa for $29++, but then you have to pay $12++ or so for the steamed white rice that goes with it.
I think the confusion here is American English vs TROTW's English. Entree is the main meal in American English whereas in Real English (which, in this case, was stolen from the French, LOL), entree means a smaller dish before the main.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I think the confusion here is American English vs TROTW's English. Entree is the main meal in American English whereas in Real English (which, in this case, was stolen from the French, LOL), entree means a smaller dish before the main.
I’m always getting myself in trouble over this.

“Are you sure you want two entrees, Sir?”

”Yes thanks, i’m not that hungry”

I could have eaten for a week.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't follow Hilton closely. Is Standard Award 120K now?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
I don't follow Hilton closely. Is Standard Award 120K now?
This property set a new tier of standard rate. To my knowledge, this is the only Hilton property with a standard rate of 120,000
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KRUXED
This property set a new tier of standard rate. To my knowledge, this is the only Hilton property with a standard rate of 120,000
Bummer. I thought it was 95K.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You can get it down to 96k/night with 5th night free.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:26 pm

We arrived yesterday afternoon, here are some thoughts so far:

- Arrival at MLE: friendly and competent staff. We waited 20 or so minutes for the boat to arrive, which was fine and the staff was enjoyable to talk with and they explained to us (accurately) when the boat would arrive.

- Transfer: again, friendly and competent staff. The ride was about 40 mins. Amenities are basically non-existent or an afterthought, but the boat ride was nice after the long flights.

- Check-in: this was disorganized and we wound up waiting about 15 minutes for a specific person to arrive. This should be done on the boat from the airport, or if not they need to be ready to move once guests arrive (especially when there is only one party arriving). I asked about the cost of upgrading our room, was told by the attendant that she would look into it, she didn’t so I asked someone else. Welcome bottle of champagne was in a bucket with nearly room temperature water.

- Resort property/room: it is very well done. The rooms are spacious, very well designed and they have paid good attention to the details. Definitely an A+.

- In room dining: we were tired last night and decided to stay in. The food arrived in about 25 minutes. The set up presentation was bizarre (only one placemat, flatware set up in a different spot from where the food was placed, no condiments or water were provided). The burger was very underwhelming (especially at $56+ or whatever it was) but the mushroom risotto was excellent.

- Breakfast: beautiful facility and lots of high quality choices. The staff seemed a little aloof, and we had to ask for various aspects of how things worked, for sweetener for coffee after it arrived, etc. For example, after speaking to our server, we went to the buffet area and I asked the attendant behind the counter if they had eggs. He told me they could be ordered at our table. Upon returning to our table I asked for the menu card, which our server then went to get for us. Why he didn’t bring it initially I have no idea. In any event, I ordered an omelet and it hadn’t arrived 30 minutes later, so we left after we finished our other food. Not a big deal and a pleasant experience otherwise, but strange.

- Time at the resort: one thing I haven’t seen mentioned here is that they have the resort on Male time +1 hour. Apparently this is to give guests a longer day. Our devices (and the room tablet) all say it’s currently 8:25 am, but if you ask the staff it’s 9:25 am.

Overall impression so far is very positive but they have some work to do on various aspects of the service.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:39 pm

In room dining:

Last edited by NYC_1; Aug 5, 2019 at 9:41 pm Reason: Add pic
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NYC_1
Breakfast: beautiful facility and lots of high quality choices. The staff seemed a little aloof, and we had to ask for various aspects of how things worked, for sweetener for coffee after it arrived, etc. For example, after speaking to our server, we went to the buffet area and I asked the attendant behind the counter if they had eggs. He told me they could be ordered at our table. Upon returning to our table I asked for the menu card, which our server then went to get for us. Why he didn’t bring it initially I have no idea. In any event, I ordered an omelet and it hadn’t arrived 30 minutes later, so we left after we finished our other food. Not a big deal and a pleasant experience otherwise, but strange.

It sounds like poor service in cheap hotel, not one of the most expensive Waldorf.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:07 am

Yes, it's certainly seriously lacking in places. Sounds like some staff need choline supplementation, LOL. If I was GM I'd be giving it to them. It's going to take quite a while for all the staff to get used to how to run things, who to ask for what and to remember everything.

And you mean the most expensive Waldorf, right? If this isn't, where is the most expensive one.....?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have any pics of the kids club and the outside play structure? Or if anyone has an upcoming stay, it would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Beach villa privacy question

For those who have stayed in a beach villa, how is the privacy when you are on the deck between the units? I like how you have a view to the beach/ocean from the deck with the lower shrubbery, so I am not concerned with people potentially seeing in from walking on the beach. I did want to make sure that you can't see your neighbors next door on their deck. Is there fencing/taller shrubbery between the units for privacy?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:16 pm

This has already been covered. I've added links (to the parts of the thread that talk about privacy) to the wiki. There is one particular post with a pic that shows the fence.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by 9volt
Anyone have any pics of the kids club and the outside play structure? Or if anyone has an upcoming stay, it would be much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.