Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:17 pm

Thanks for the in-room menus @travelerdave. Looks like the pricing is consistent with restaurant pricing
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Shots I took today....let me know if you need anything more specific. I can go over tomorrow

Thanks very much for the pics. Shame it's typical resort / hotel 20kg max barbells. If you're still there and have time, could you please take a pic of the weights loaded onto the above machine and see whether there are other bars / ropes that can be attached (like a
triceps rope triceps rope
for example). TIA and hope you enjoy(ed) your stay!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by wekxbrainx
I am going in August. Just got an email from the hotel:

Kindly note with respect for our guests’ privacy and security, third party/ own transfer is not permitted to enter the resort.
Typical. So they are not allowing people with luxury yachts, i.e; their primary target market, to sail to the resort. Complete BS! Just ignore it.

Originally Posted by WorldTravl

Email was from before the resort opening. What amenities on the transfer made it "unforgettable"... Diet Coke and A grape on a piece of melon impaled by a tooth pick.
Exactly! For a good deal of the passengers, the only unforgettable thing they will experience is how their pockets were sucked dry by this joke of a transfer fee.

Oh, and just a tidbit FEI. Adam Areef used to work at Rangali.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
All the staff I have talked with have said they are getting a bunch of push-back on the transfer cost. So perhaps if continued pressure is applied they will adjust the cost. But I presume they will just add it in somewhere else. So your total trip cost will be the same.
You never know, they could compensate by adjusting the prices of dinner at Terra. It's far too cheap as it is IMHO. Or maybe adjust the price of eggs for paid breakfasts (by adding an extra zero). I mean, who'd notice, right?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:41 am

Major wiki update

As some of you may have already noticed, the wiki has doubled in size. I've just finished adding every useful post from page 90 including links to all sorts of info from all the first FT visitors and some non-visitors as well. A huge thanks goes out to all you guys that have contributed with photos, menus, info and opinions on privacy and so forth. The amount of additions is too long to list. I recommend everyone take a look at the wiki for themselves if you're interested in what's been added. I will be going back another 20 or 30 pages to see if there's anything else that should be added and that will be done this week some time.

Thanks again guys and hope everyone enjoyed themselves immensely!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NightFury1
Thank you for the comparison. Can you explain what this means though? As in the Maldives aren't as visually appealing as in their pictures? BB waters do look stunning to me.
I’ve been to both Maldives and BB in the last seven months. Bora bora is surrounded by dramatic mountains ringed by a large lagoon and atolls. Local tour guides in BB can visit the resorts and pick you up by boat for excursions at a fraction of the cost of Maldives. Local restaurants can also pick you up by boat for dinner. You are not held captive on the resort in BB. The coral is very much alive with an abundance of underwater wild life and healthy coral.

I was at Park Hyatt Maldives four years ago and the coral was amazing, but the heat waves the last few years killed a lot of the coral. I’m not sure about the Waldorf, but it appears all the coral is dead at the Conrad.

If if you want to lay around like turd in a beautiful mountainless tropical environment than Maldives is great. If you want activities, Polynesian culture, and local attractions, than BB is better.

If you want to see some visual comparisons, I have aerial, underwater, and land clips on my YouTube channel of BB and Conrad Maldives from the last 7 months.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by BLTraveler

I’ve been to both Maldives and BB in the last seven months. Bora bora is surrounded by dramatic mountains ringed by a large lagoon and atolls. Local tour guides in BB can visit the resorts and pick you up by boat for excursions at a fraction of the cost of Maldives. Local restaurants can also pick you up by boat for dinner. You are not held captive on the resort in BB. The coral is very much alive with an abundance of underwater wild life and healthy coral.

I was at Park Hyatt Maldives four years ago and the coral was amazing, but the heat waves the last few years killed a lot of the coral. I’m not sure about the Waldorf, but it appears all the coral is dead at the Conrad.

If if you want to lay around like turd in a beautiful mountainless tropical environment than Maldives is great. If you want activities, Polynesian culture, and local attractions, than BB is better.

If you want to see some visual comparisons, I have aerial, underwater, and land clips on my YouTube channel of BB and Conrad Maldives from the last 7 months.
you just got a new sub.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by flyerchatter
Thanks for the in-room menus @travelerdave. Looks like the pricing is consistent with restaurant pricing

I wonder if you call to order one of the $15-$20 entrees (pizza, burger, spaghetti) off the "young guests" room service menu will the staff check if you actually have a child with you?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I wonder if you call to order one of the $15-$20 entrees (pizza, burger, spaghetti) off the "young guests" room service menu will the staff check if you actually have a child with you?
I ordered a fried rice off the kids menu at Tangled for lunch one day. They knew it was for me, but we did have a 10 year old with us so not sure that is a good DP for an adult ordering off the kids menu.

TD
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Not to fear. There is a child within all of us.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:50 am

Perhaps to compensate for the transfer fee, they'll offer a special buy one get one free on their $40 egg.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by NightFury1

you just got a new sub.
Thanks! Now my subscription count has gone up 10%
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks very much for the pics. Shame it's typical resort / hotel 20kg max barbells. If you're still there and have time, could you please take a pic of the weights loaded onto the above machine and see whether there are other bars / ropes that can be attached (like a triceps rope for example). TIA and hope you enjoy(ed) your stay!
Sorry, already left.....VERY sad about that!

TD
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:22 pm

Anyone do the sand bank thing (or hear about it)?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:27 pm

Another question. I'm gold and redeemed 480k for five nights. But my wife has a hilton aspire card that gets 14x point on hilton properties + 20x for diamond (included with card). If we run a bill of 5000$ can she pay for it and get 34x. Or do I have to pay for it since I booked the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.