Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Another question. I'm gold and redeemed 480k for five nights. But my wife has a hilton aspire card that gets 14x point on hilton properties + 20x for diamond (included with card). If we run a bill of 5000$ can she pay for it and get 34x. Or do I have to pay for it since I booked the stay.
I believe that you can pay with any card that the resort accepts.
Don't forget about the $250 Hilton resort credit as one of the perks of the Aspire card.
Wonder if you could pay with two Hilton aspires cards and qualify for $250 on each card??
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:18 pm

Found this in terms and conditions
  1. Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base Points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Canopy™ by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, and Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq hotels for which there is no cap.
Does that mean for the overall bill. I can't get more than 100,000 points?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Correct for base points, i.e. USD 10k spend. Plus any bonus you may get through status / promos etc., so up to 400k+ redeemable points with the right status and promos (not factoring in credit card points).
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Moflav
Wonder if you could pay with two Hilton aspires cards and qualify for $250 on each card??
Definitely possible
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Moflav
Yes you can. They were more than willing to split my charges over 3 cards. I put $250 on each of our Aspires and the balance on a 3rd.

TD
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Yes you can. They were more than willing to split my charges over 3 cards. I put $250 on each of our Aspires and the balance on a 3rd.

TD
let's see if they can do 4 or 5 charges. Planning to do $250 for each of our Aspires this year, and another $250 next year.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:30 am

Is it just me or there's very little award availability? I can't seem to find any for January or Feb 2020.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Joker0874
Is it just me or there's very little award availability? I can't seem to find any for January or Feb 2020.
You're asking about award availability during peak-season, about only ~6 months out. It's long gone.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by dcht
You're asking about award availability during peak-season, about only ~6 months out. It's long gone.
This is true.

HOWEVER - at this point with it being a new resort a lot of people are watching reviews and reports before deciding whether to keep their reservation; so it's well worth checking availability a couple of times a day in case people choose to cancel.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
When does the resort typically contact guests before arrival? I’m due to arrive in about 10 days and have not heard from the resort yet.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Anyone do the sand bank thing (or hear about it)?
Went by the sand bank on our dolphin/turtle snorkel. But no one we talked to did the dinner out there. But we were hanging with fellow parents. Not the romantic couples crowd.

TD
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by BLTraveler
When does the resort typically contact guests before arrival? I’m due to arrive in about 10 days and have not heard from the resort yet.
Check your spam. My arrival email ended up there. Received the following email exactly 30 days before arrival.

TD

Dear,

Greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for unforgettable experiences.

Thank you for your loyalty towards Hilton Portfolio of brands and we are honored that you have chosen to redeem your stay with us. It will be an absolute pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful island.

We are reaching out to you in advance to make necessary arrangements for your island transfers. We kindly request for your arrival and departure flight details in order for us to arrange the transfers.

Delighted to inform you that we have luxury yacht transfers for all our guests and is a 30 minute ride from Velana International airport which can be arranged 24/7 according to your international flight arrival time. Transfer fee is at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way.

Also we would like take this opportunity to highlight the Hilton Honors benefits exclusively for Diamond members:

§ Complimentary breakfast at our all day dining restaurant, Tasting Table.

§ In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities

§ With a selected 60-minute massage, enjoy a complimentary additional 30-minute at Waldorf Astoria Spa

§ Complimentary daily afternoon delights with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley

§ 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30.

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at our resort we are exempted from complimentary villa upgrade policy. But to make your stay with us even more special, we recommend upgrading to a higher villa category either partial or entire stay. Please do let us know if you are interested in a villa upgrade to check the availability and prices.

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Areef

Adam Areef

Reservations Supervisor

Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi

__

Ithaafushi Island, South Male Atoll

Republic of Maldives

waldorfastoriamaldives.com

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jul 30, 2019 at 2:28 am
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by htran88
let's see if they can do 4 or 5 charges. Planning to do $250 for each of our Aspires this year, and another $250 next year.
I would assume they will. Just tell them you want to pre-pay for some of your stay. I did not de that with WA, but have with other Hilton properties.

TD
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Check your spam. My arrival email ended up there. Received the following email exactly 30 days before arrival.

TD

Dear,

Greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for unforgettable experiences.

Thank you for your loyalty towards Hilton Portfolio of brands and we are honored that you have chosen to redeem your stay with us. It will be an absolute pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful island.

We are reaching out to you in advance to make necessary arrangements for your island transfers. We kindly request for your arrival and departure flight details in order for us to arrange the transfers.

Delighted to inform you that we have luxury yacht transfers for all our guests and is a 30 minute ride from Velana International airport which can be arranged 24/7 according to your international flight arrival time. Transfer fee is at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way.

Also we would like take this opportunity to highlight the Hilton Honors benefits exclusively for Diamond members:

§ Complimentary breakfast at our all day dining restaurant, Tasting Table.

§ In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities

§ With a selected 60-minute massage, enjoy a complimentary additional 30-minute at Waldorf Astoria Spa

§ Complimentary daily afternoon delights with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley

§ 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30.

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at our resort we are exempted from complimentary villa upgrade policy. But to make your stay with us even more special, we recommend upgrading to a higher villa category either partial or entire stay. Please do let us know if you are interested in a villa upgrade to check the availability and prices.

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Areef

Adam Areef

Reservations Supervisor

Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi

__

Ithaafushi Island, South Male Atoll

Republic of Maldives

waldorfastoriamaldives.com

Thanks. Nothing from them in my spam folder. I just sent an email to the address in the wiki. Hope I get a response.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Joker0874
There was a previous post a couple weeks ago about "glitches" where you couldn't see availability if you didn't have enough points in your account. Try searching incognito and you will see some availability. You're not going to find a lot of consecutive nights and there's still "very little" award availability, but not zero. I see the following availability currently for Jan/Feb:

1/6, 1/11, 1/12, 1/16, 1/25, 2/8, 2/14, 2/19, 2/22

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.