Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by sergeysl

Upgrades
"The upgrade supplements are as follows during your stay period:
King Grand Beach Villa with Pool : US$200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Reef Villa with Pool : US$300+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Overwater Villa with Pool : US$600+ 23.2% tax and service charge per night"
Just checking...the Reef and OW quotes are for the “standard” version and not the Grand version correct?

TD
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Rizla

I simply asked.
Thanks! I'm hoping that works for me too. No one else had posted about complimentary upgrades, so was wondering.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

A regulator will be needed. We brought our own so not sure if they provide or not. Not one in the room.

We use this one. Pretty compact. Has 4 USB ports as well. We also use in US hotels that seem to never have enough outlets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only coffee pods and tea bags in the room (I posted a pic a few days ago). Only a Nespresso machine and water kettle for tea. No “regular” coffee maker.

Only outlet in Grand Beach bathroom

Next to bed (both sides)

In various locations in the room. Though most have something plugged in.

Thanks for the detailed info. Planning on carrying a voltage converter then.

The absence of plugs in hotel rooms, also amazes me!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:02 pm

Just checking...the Reef and OW quotes are for the “standard” version and not the Grand version correct?

TD
I think that is correct, the email from the hotel didn't mention Grand option for Reef and OW
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:01 pm

Absence of hotel plugs

Originally Posted by rishabh.rajiv
Thanks for the detailed info. Planning on carrying a voltage converter then.

The absence of plugs in hotel rooms, also amazes me!
Am I the only one that travels with a power strip?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne

Am I the only one that travels with a power strip?
I do on every trip. That is why I like the one I posted from Amazon. Has it ‘all in one’

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jul 22, 2019 at 3:30 am
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:29 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Rizla
Length: 6 nights
Rate: Points
HH status: Diamond
Room Booked: Beach villa
Room Stayed: Grand Deluxe Over water villa (No charge)
Transportation: W.A. yacht booked. Cost over 1400$ return for Two adults.
Final room folio: Over 5000$
Spa usage: 3 treatments total. 2 using the free 30 mins Diamond benefit. 4/5
Restaurant:
Yasmeena 2.5/5
Glow 4/5
The Ledge 5/5
Li Long 4.5/5
Tangled 4.5/5
In room dining 2.5/5
Breakfast 4/5

Overall stay 4.5/5
No review of The Rock or Terra? I was really expecting this from you, given that you are obsessed with the Waldorf and said nothing is wrong with the menus. You would have been the first FT to report back too.

Last edited by alanslegal; Jul 22, 2019 at 2:17 am
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by alanslegal
No review of The Rock or Terra? I was really expecting this from you, given that you are obsessed with the Waldorf and said nothing is wrong with the menus. You would have been the first FT to report back too.
I couldn't do either one because

A) We had a baby and they wouldnt allow it

B) I dont drink alcohol so the Rock is not something that interested me.

I tried every restaurant I would've liked and dont think ive missed out on much from the feedback ive got myself.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Have never smuggled anything illegal in my life, so can't help you there. My reference to my own consumption is usually for private enjoyment, not to go flash it in front of someone's face (especially if they dislike/against alcohol wherever in the world it may be)

Sorry to be cheap or am I too poor to apologise. Maybe we are even too poor to comment. Sorry Mr Rich Guy.
Originally Posted by Moflav

I booked a one way transfer from the airport to the resort with GetMyBoat for November for $161. Please see post 1037 for details.
How did you search/ choose an operator on getmyboat? I can’t seem to find Musthafa Moosa on there.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks for the detailed info! Do you happen to have any more pics of the weight machines and what they've loaded them at?
Shots I took today....let me know if you need anything more specific. I can go over tomorrow

TD

Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:41 am

[left]

Shots I took today....

TD
TD, how does this place compare to Bora Bora, I've read that you've been numerous times to BB and am interested in planning a trip myself after visiting this place.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:42 am

If you are coming soon I would leave your racket at home. Looks like it is going to be a nice tennis court when it is finished though.

TD

Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by BLTraveler

How did you search/ choose an operator on getmyboat? I can’t seem to find Musthafa Moosa on there.
I booked with GetMyBoat. Once booked, the company sent me Mr. Moosa as my contact. Most likely, the company will not assign an operator until booked. According to the terms, there is a 100% refund if cancelled 5 or more days prior to the departure date. My experience so far is that my operator/contact responded to all of my questions promptly and in detail. His responses gave me some comfort in my decision to use this company. Perhaps, there will be reports of third party transfers to the WA prior to my booked transfer which is in November. I have not booked my return transfer to the airport as I want to see how the transfer from the airport to the resort goes first.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by NightFury1
TD, how does this place compare to Bora Bora, I've read that you've been numerous times to BB and am interested in planning a trip myself after visiting this place.
I am still assessing all the pros and cons of both. Will post a complete review of both when I get back.

But my family (wife and 10 year old daughter) are liking BB better. That decision has zero to do with the WA at this point. The resort is fabulous, thus far...more on that later...

They like the islands of BB, Moorea and Tahiti better than sand atoll life of the Maldives. They like horse back riding, ATV riding. Rent a buggy to explore, etc. Just being able to “get away” from the resort.

For me there is plenty to do here...or not do...after all I am on vacation.

More details soon.

TD

Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:24 pm

I am still assessing all the pros and cons of both. Will post a complete review of both when I get back.

But my family (wife and 10 year old daughter) are liking BB better. That decision has zero to do with the WA at this point. The resort is fabulous, thus far...more on that later...

They like the islands of BB, Moorea and Tahiti better than sand atoll life of the Maldives. They like horse back riding, ATV riding. Rent a buggy to explore, etc. Just being able to “get away” from the resort.

For me there is plenty to do here...or not do...after all I am on vacation.

More details soon.

TD

Awesome, thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.