Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:40 am

I love going through this conversation, it will be exciting to see how Hilton works this out regardless of the outcome. I'm expecting the worst and will be pleasantly surprised if its the best (95k).
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by jphripjah
They want to sell luxury and exclusivity. Arguably, the experience is devalued for their ultra-rich $2,000 a night guests if a bunch of chuckleheads like ourselves are running amok there at 95,000 Hilton Honors points per night.

Wait, what am I talking about. I meant 76,000 points a night with the fifth night free benefit.
You also forgot about the free weekend night from the Amex Aspire card for some of us. So 380k pts for 6 nights!

I promise to be on my best behavior when on the resort
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:31 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by alanslegal
According to their website:-

• Breathtaking and tranquil private island resort 30 minutes from Male International Airport by yacht

Estimating the distance on google maps, I'd say 25 kms from MLE

Thats a mighty fast yacht, I think 1hr is more realistic
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Translation error: yacht = speedboat
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Translation error: yacht = speedboat
Any know what type of boat they may use? A slow moving ‘cruiser’ and a speed boat are very different.

The average, non-points, customer going to the WA are going to be of a more “advanced age”. Getting pounded, if even for 30 minutes, in a speed boat with poor coverage from the elements will not be well recieved...I would not think.

TD
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
You also forgot about the free weekend night from the Amex Aspire card for some of us. So 380k pts for 6 nights!

I promise to be on my best behavior when on the resort
I'll be there with you with my 380K and Cert for 6! Wanna be neighbors for a week?
Don't forget the $100 Waldorf credit and $250 Aspire Credit. $350 enough for one meal there?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:41 pm

Do we have an updated ETA on the opening of this resort? Any guesses when reward rooms will be bookable? Also, if I do a CONRAD booking, would I be able to switch it to WA if and when it opens up?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Any know what type of boat they may use? A slow moving ‘cruiser’ and a speed boat are very different.

The average, non-points, customer going to the WA are going to be of a more “advanced age”. Getting pounded, if even for 30 minutes, in a speed boat with poor coverage from the elements will not be well recieved...I would not think.

TD

I would be guessing that it depends on the sea conditions, if its relatively calm something like the Four Seasons Bora Bora boat otherwise if it might get a bit choppy, then something like the St Regis Bora Bora boat.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I'll be there with you with my 380K and Cert for 6! Wanna be neighbors for a week?
Don't forget the $100 Waldorf credit and $250 Aspire Credit. $350 enough for one meal there?

I'm already booked at CMRI in August for the 380K + free AMEX Hilton business cert myself. Might add a seventh night when I get my Aspire cert, gotta amortize those seaplane fares. Waiting to see if it's possible and advisable to switch the booking to WA.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:06 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
For sure, one meal out of 6!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist

Emails regarding September prices, says a one category upgrade as opposed to the two that was discussed previously even though I’m #27 but appears to be only valid during this pricing package that he mentions. Also goes over the yacht transfer price

Last edited by harrisk7; Jan 19, 2019 at 6:22 am Reason: forgot pictures
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by harrisk7

Emails regarding September prices, says a one category upgrade as opposed to the two that was discussed previously even though I’m #27 but appears to be only valid during this pricing package that he mentions. Also goes over the yacht transfer price
Ouch, nearly $1500 for 2 x people for the Yacht RTN. That's over 50% more than the seaplane transfers to Rangali. Think if they did allow 95k points a night I might still be interested. 😕

Last edited by Tilly71; Jan 19, 2019 at 7:36 am
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:55 am

Is there a speedboat option that is cheaper than that? Or is the consensus that the speedboat at the WA is the yacht. And why quote one way prices? Isn’t it pretty much the system at all Maldives properties that you need to purchase a round trip option with the resorts?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Is there a speedboat option that is cheaper than that? Or is the consensus that the speedboat at the WA is the yacht. And why quote one way prices? Isn’t it pretty much the system at all Maldives properties that you need to purchase a round trip option with the resorts?
Most resorts post a two-way option, because most guests need this. But I have found a one-way option is available if you ask. All I have seen are 1/2 the cost of round trip.

TD
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, IHG
very helpful (and jaw-dropping) to see the transfer pricing -- at $300 + tax each way it is the most expensive transfer option out of all the hotels in the Maldives for what is a relatively short trip!

there won't be a more affordable speedboat option, folks... this is it... so start saving or swimming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.