Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
May have been posted previously, but a brochure of the property

https://arabiantravelmarket.wtm.com/...73630659400000
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal

Nice! The brochure is well done!
Can't wait for the first reviews!

Thanks alanslegal!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:20 pm

So the resort reached out to me wanting to know my arrival etc and if I was interested in a paid upgrade. Replied and received these figures for July 2019 which are identical to others reported so far,

Grand Beach Villa $200++
Grand Reef Villa $400++
Grand Over Water Villa $600++

There upgrade pricing is the difference in BAR rates, so no % discounts etc.

Also the current sale (for my stay dates) has Beach Villas at $1,120++ so the rates are now more competitive.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Thanks. What's between 207 and 209? And does anyone know what numbers correspond to the base beach villas.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:12 pm

Not even a small discount for a HHD?

Not very gentlemanly of them, now was it? Need to recoup those investment costs pronto, LOL.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 11, 2019 at 11:19 pm
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:44 am

Grand Beach Villa $200++
Grand Reef Villa $400++
Grand Over Water Villa $600++
We are unlikely to proceed with a paid upgrade, however can someone explain the main difference/s between a Grand and non-Grand type villa?

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Thanks. What's between 207 and 209? And does anyone know what numbers correspond to the base beach villas.
Looks like a breakwall of some sort given those rooms face the ocean side?

Anyway for us, we will ask for villas, in our preference order, 210,212, 211,209,213 [assuming these are the standard BVs]
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
What's between 207 and 209?
208? OK, so I know that's not what you mean..... (and ironically 208 isn't between them)

We are unlikely to proceed with a paid upgrade, however can someone explain the main difference/s between a Grand and non-Grand type villa?
Looking at the room layout it appears that the primary difference if that the Grand Villa has a lounge room (and hence is bigger).

Cheers,
Gary.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by gaz1
Looking at the room layout it appears that the primary difference is that the Grand Villa has a lounge room (and hence is bigger).
Can confirm this is the ONLY difference reported directly from the resort. I was asking before floor-plans were available. We are traveling with our 10 year old so the extra space will be nice. You can close off the living room from the lounge/kids room. Well worth $200++ for our family.

With 2 people I assume the standard room will be more than enough room. But would be curious how 2 adults and 2 kids will fit in a standard king room.

I presume the Grands will have “premium” locations over the standard ones, but that is only a guess.

TD

Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:56 pm

Reef Villa and OWV look the same to me in the PDF but I'm sure they are supposed to be different. Can someone please help me understand the difference?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by gaz1
Looking at the room layout it appears that the primary difference if that the Grand Villa has a lounge room (and hence is bigger).

Cheers,
Gary.
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Can confirm this is the ONLY difference reported directly from the resort. I was asking before floor-plans were available. We are traveling with our 10 year old so the extra space will be nice. You can close off the living room from the lounge/kids room. Well worth $200++ for our family.

With 2 people I assume the standard room will be more than enough room. But would be curious how 2 adults and 2 kids will fit in a standard king room.

I presume the Grands will have “premium” locations over the standard ones, but that is only a guess.

TD
Same, I could not find a Grand Floor Plan. I assume the Grand BV, RV, OWV will all be identical.

For us two, the regular BV will definitely be more than OK. If the Grand villas have a heated hot tub additional to the plunge pool, then I would be very interested in the upgrade. Sitting in the hot tub, under the stars, sipping on champagne.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Reef Villa and OWV look the same to me in the PDF but I'm sure they are supposed to be different. Can someone please help me understand the difference?
I assume all BV,RV,OWV have identical floor plan. It is just the placement that are different, BV is entirely over land, RV have the entrance on land with the deck over the water, the OWV are completely over water.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:01 pm

Same, I could not find a Grand Floor Plan. I assume the Grand BV, RV, OWV will all be identical.

For us two, the regular BV will definitely be more than OK. If the Grand villas have a heated hot tub additional to the plunge pool, then I would be very interested in the upgrade. Sitting in the hot tub, under the stars, sipping on champagne.
I can confirm this is correct, direct from the resort. Those rooms do not have a hot tub.

TD
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:53 pm

I assume all BV,RV,OWV have identical floor plan. It is just the placement that are different, BV is entirely over land, RV have the entrance on land with the deck over the water, the OWV are completely over water.
Makes sense from a construction and budgetary standpoint. If 90% of rooms are essentially the same design you can save a lot of money and the villas in this resort really look like they've been designed with that in mind.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:12 am

Grand Beach Villa

Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:39 am

From everything so far, the Grand Villas in each category doesn't have any advantages over the normal ones. They all looked scattered. Something that I find weird is the set up of several 2,3 bedroom beach villas. About 4 of them are placed right next to the arrival pier, which is odd because that area is the least private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.