Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:04 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by marcmsj
It's not allowed and not worth risking.
I would enjoy reading a "hotel review" of jail in Male. I hear you do not earn points when you stay there however.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
I would enjoy reading a "hotel review" of jail in Male. I hear you do not earn points when you stay there however.
But you do get a free breakfast if you are a Diamond
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:27 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Moflav
But you do get a free breakfast if you are a Diamond
and free "massage" from other inmates
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:31 pm

Are the bioluminescence active this time of year?

TD
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:38 pm

Those palm trees look like they just survived a hurricane.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Jail? How dramatic. They just take it away and give you a tongue lashing.
I like to get FU while on vacation, and my stay at the Conrad was heavy on alcohol consumption, so pricey but enjoyable. Curious to see the alcohol prices at the WA.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Maybe it is for departures only. Idk. I would just buy it at the resort. I would find it moderately disrespectful to buy it and disrespect the culture of the Maldives, to save money.
We now know you can't bring it in nor buy it on arrivals.

OT and let's argue this another time / another thread - I find highly it hypocritical that they offer alcohol at resorts (and on their fancy planes) [and suggest it is disrespectful against their beliefs otherwise].

The inability to BYO alcohol is one of the negatives of going to the Maldives (yet you can pay for it at the resorts). We BYO and sit on our deck and enjoy a few glasses - not to go flashing it around to offend locals.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by alanslegal
We BYO and sit on our deck and enjoy a few glasses - not to go flashing it around to offend locals.
Any advice you wish to share to get it through customs scanners? Feel free to PM me if more appropriate.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Gold_Member

Any advice you wish to share to get it through customs scanners? Feel free to PM me if more appropriate.
Pour your vodka into Dasani water bottles if you must. Though they are probably wise to that trick.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Gold_Member

Go to Bora Bora.....or somewhere else that does not consider it illegal to smuggle alcohol in to the country.

You can also buy some Turkey Jerky, throw that away, and load the bags with pork rinds....or respect the beliefs of the host country no one if forcing you to visit.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jun 8, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Pour your vodka into Dasani water bottles if you must. Though they are probably wise to that trick.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Go to Bora Bora.....or somewhere else that does consider it illegal to smuggle alcohol in to the country.

You can also buy some Turkey Jerky, throw that away, and load the bags with pork rinds....or respect the beliefs of the host country no one if forcing you to visit.

TD

Exactly. This is where some points people get annoying. They try to find the cheapest way to do thing.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Today they announced via Instagram, that Krug will be their house champagne. Normally the house champagne is the cheapest champagne on the wine list, so you know now, what to expect regarding prices...
And I wouldn’t expect a free bottle of champagne on arrival or on NYE like they do at the Conrad Maldives.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Exactly. This is where some points people get annoying. They try to find the cheapest way to do thing.
Anyone who doesn't do as much as I do to save money on resorts is a sucker. And anyone who does more than I do to save money there is a cheapskate.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Today they announced via Instagram, that Krug will be their house champagne. Normally the house champagne is the cheapest champagne on the wine list, so you know now, what to expect regarding prices...
And I wouldn’t expect a free bottle of champagne on arrival or on NYE like they do at the Conrad Maldives.
Nah it looks like they were just showing Krug, because it's a well known high end brand. They didn't announce anything, it is just a picture. I'm sure there will be cheaper options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.