Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:58 am

Thank you alanslegal for the videos! The base beach villa with pool looks a lot nicer than the base garden villa at the StR.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
I mean i'm kinda obsessed with the WA rn. But I made this idea of a website in about 25 minutes. I mean I don't get why they haven't made one yet.
You don't know Hilton IT.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
I mean i'm kinda obsessed with the WA rn.
No kidding, all of your posts on FT are in this one thread...

BTW: Where is this Ithaafsuhi Resort your website promotes?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:59 pm

ROFL! Amateur Hour on FT!!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:08 pm

For people saying they don't have a website, has anyone been to: https://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/e...NWA/index.html
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
No apology needed. Any chance you have a link to the Grand version of those rooms?

TD
Grand Water Villa

Yasmeen Middle Eastern Restaurant

Li Long Chinese Restaurant

Terra Treetop Restaurant

Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
July 2019
King Grand Beach – US$200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Grand Reef - US$400+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Grand Overwater - US$600+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Beach - US$2000+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Grand Beach - US$2200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Reef - US$2200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Overwater - US$2400+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
I posted these some months ago. Anyone have any recent upgrade quotes?

TD
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by marcmsj
For people saying they don't have a website, has anyone been to: https://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/e...NWA/index.html
I think the complaint is most of those pictures are virtual. People are looking for actual pictures of the resort. But from my experience the "live" pictures/videos I have seen show those virtual pictures are mostly spot-on.

TD
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:23 pm

2 bedroom Beach Villa

Anyone know if the outside spa is heated? Not sure if it is just a spoiled US thing, but I like my spa served hot. I understand the Conrad Maldives are not.

TD
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by marcmsj
Yea that website............They don't have a proper Maldives website. Like the Conrad has one. St.Regis doesn't have one, but at least the Mariott interface looks nice . It's just WA hotel websites looks outdated.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:40 pm

I'm too addicted.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:08 pm

Wow, awesome. Maybe you can go work for them. Send them your CV with these 2 pics. I'm sure they'll add you to their design team.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
At first glance based on the videos from @alanslegal the hardware of WA will be better than St.Regis. We'll see...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
From reviewing the videos, to me the restaurants look underwhelming. Yasmeen looks artificial, Li Long looks like a glorified restaurant and Terra, the idea is there but it looks sparse and not as private / romantic / intimate.

The entry level beach villas do look great, the layout is practical and vantage points of the pool/beach from living/bedroom/bathroom, and easily beats the Conrad's DBV in my opinion. Plus the high ceilings, and did you see the size of the front doors? Wow!

Maybe what it needs is time for the trees/plants/flora to develop and grow, right now it feels a bit too bare but over time I can see the luscious greenery this resort might have.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:27 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by alanslegal
From reviewing the videos, to me the restaurants look underwhelming. Yasmeen looks artificial, Li Long looks like a glorified restaurant and Terra, the idea is there but it looks sparse and not as private / romantic / intimate.

The entry level beach villas do look great, the layout is practical and vantage points of the pool/beach from living/bedroom/bathroom, and easily beats the Conrad's DBV in my opinion. Plus the high ceilings, and did you see the size of the front doors? Wow!

Maybe what it needs is time for the trees/plants/flora to develop and grow, right now it feels a bit too bare but over time I can see the luscious greenery this resort might have.
Spot on. Private beach dinner and Decanter dinner at St.Regis will be hard to beat. However for an entry level room there is no comparison possible - WA is worlds apart from the garden villa at St.Regis. Comparing overwater villas might be more debatable but I think WA will win out as well. Vegetation is a work in progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.