Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:26 am

Can one of you take pictures of the excursions price list I'm curious since that initial link has some old dates on it. Looking to move my ressy from condrad if possible.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Can one of you take pictures of the excursions price list I'm curious since that initial link has some old dates on it. Looking to move my ressy from condrad if possible.
Not sure what initial link you are referring to, but here is the excursion list they sent me a few days ago:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4124...sion-Pricelist
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It looks like some of us will have high dollar stays here in the next couple of months, so I thought it might be good idea to review current Hilton bonus point offers so we get the most points for what we are spending there.

This Go More Get More promotion offers double points from May 6 - September 8 but ONLY starting on your second stay during the promotion period. Registration is required:

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/2..._1763/landing/

If you have a stay coming up at this property, especially if paying cash, it really may benefit you to try to complete a cheap stay at another Hilton first to unlock the 2X points earning when you are at WA Ithaafushi.

Last September Hilton had a triple points promotion for resort stays I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm also going to check my AMEX offers before I pay my bill here to see if there are any Hilton promos on it, though usually those are U.S. - based. I'll be paying at least $250 on my Aspire card to trigger the annual $250 resort credit and of course 14X Honors points. The rest will go on my Aspire or my AMEX Hilton business card that earns 12X points.

Hilton points are generally valued at .5 cents each, with 10X awarded per dollar spent, so the difference between no bonus promotion at all and a 2X points promotion is like getting 5% of what you spend back, and then an additional 5% back if it's a 3X points promotion instead of 2X.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
With all the Hilton CC that generate generous welcome bonuses, it would be interesting to know how many of us that are booked are using points, points and cash or cash only. Also of interest would be the WA yacht transfer vs another boat company such as Atoll transfer.

I'll start:

November 2019 arrival
Four nights at 120K with the fifth night free, two weekend certs, and one extra night at 120K for a total of 8 nights.
Still undecided with respect to transfers- will wait on the experience of others before committing. Atoll transfer is $580 round-trip

In terms of standard room award availability for 120K per night for a week of more-
End of July to beginning of August
Mid August to end of September
Mid October to end of October - then nothing to 2020

Beginning of April to mid April 2020
Lots of availability after 3rd week of April onward
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
It looks like some of us will have high dollar stays here in the next couple of months, so I thought it might be good idea to review current Hilton bonus point offers so we get the most points for what we are spending there.

This Go More Get More promotion offers double points from May 6 - September 8 but ONLY starting on your second stay during the promotion period. Registration is required:

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/2..._1763/landing/

If you have a stay coming up at this property, especially if paying cash, it really may benefit you to try to complete a cheap stay at another Hilton first to unlock the 2X points earning when you are at WA Ithaafushi.

Last September Hilton had a triple points promotion for resort stays I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm also going to check my AMEX offers before I pay my bill here to see if there are any Hilton promos on it, though usually those are U.S. - based. I'll be paying at least $250 on my Aspire card to trigger the annual $250 resort credit and of course 14X Honors points. The rest will go on my Aspire or my AMEX Hilton business card that earns 12X points.

Hilton points are generally valued at .5 cents each, with 10X awarded per dollar spent, so the difference between no bonus promotion at all and a 2X points promotion is like getting 5% of what you spend back, and then an additional 5% back if it's a 3X points promotion instead of 2X.
With the hilton aspire card how many would you get on purchases at the resort? Would elite status affect this amount ?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:47 pm

How much are y'all budgeting per day. I don't want to be cheap and avoid expreinces based on price. So I am planing on spending around $1,300 (inclusive of tax) a day. Because I know activities will be the majority of the cost. *For three people

Last edited by WorldTravl; Jun 7, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
How much are y'all budgeting per day. I don't want to be cheap and avoid expreinces based on price. So I am planing on spending around $1,300 (inclusive of tax) a day. Because I know activities will be the majority of the cost.
Since we haven't seen the dining prices, I going to estimate $300-350 a day for lunch and dinners - (free breakfast for diamonds)...this may change when the prices for the restaurants are published.
We plan to shop a little for some snacks, wine, rum and bourbon at the MLE airport.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:31 pm

How much are y'all budgeting per day. I don't want to be cheap and avoid expreinces based on price. So I am planing on spending around $1,300 (inclusive of tax) a day. Because I know activities will be the majority of the cost. *For three people
Food and drinks will probably be my biggest cost, even with the free breakfast.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Moflav
Since we haven't seen the dining prices, I going to estimate $300-350 a day for lunch and dinners - (free breakfast for diamonds)...this may change when the prices for the restaurants are published.
We plan to shop a little for some snacks, wine, rum and bourbon at the MLE airport.
Do you know what other alcoholic items can you buy at MLE? And are the prices crazy (because they can?)?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Do you know what other alcoholic items can you buy at MLE? And are the prices crazy (because they can?)?
You can't buy items that contain alcohol anywhere in male.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:23 pm

You can't buy items that contain alcohol anywhere in male.

This is from the Male airport photo gallery

Hoping we can purchase alcohol from here. I have no idea on prices.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Moflav

This is from the Male airport photo gallery

Hoping we can purchase alcohol from here. I have no idea on prices.
Maybe it is for departures only. Idk. I would just buy it at the resort. I would find it moderately disrespectful to buy it and disrespect the culture of the Maldives, to save money.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:43 pm

Maybe it is for departures only. Idk. I would just buy it at the resort. I would find it moderately disrespectful to buy it and disrespect the culture of the Maldives, to save money.
Yes, I believe you are correct. You can only purchase when you leave the country.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:59 pm

Alcohol

Are we allowed to bring in alcohol to Maldives since it's a Muslim territory? I would love to bring a bottle of champagne.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Eschalon
Are we allowed to bring in alcohol to Maldives since it's a Muslim territory? I would love to bring a bottle of champagne.
It's not allowed and not worth risking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.