Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by gaz1
HiltonWaldorf Astoria Maldives Speedboat $912 (about 30 mins)

(sorry, I can't seem to get the formatting looking right - see the website for better formatting)
Where do this USD 912,- come from?

From the hotel home page:

A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht will be charged at US $350 +tax and service per person per way to your total bill.
Email [email protected] for more information or to arrange your transfer.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Where do this USD 912,- come from?

From the hotel home page:

A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht will be charged at US $350 +tax and service per person per way to your total bill.
Email [email protected] for more information or to arrange your transfer.
I'm not sure where $912 USD comes from but the $700 for RT plus tax/service (23.2%) comes to $862.40
Old May 23, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by htran88
I'm not sure where $912 USD comes from but the $700 for RT plus tax/service (23.2%) comes to $862.40
On the older ones, it said return transfer of $370++ per person which is $912 for two people.

They then changed it to $370++ per person per way, which made it $912 per person, but they were going to honor the $912 for 2 people provided that they took a screen shot and had reached out to the WA Maldives rep.

Now it is changed to $350++ per person per way.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:43 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Anybody tried "Atoll Transfer" as an alternative. You can rent a 6 person boat for $580 return all inclusive.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:49 pm

Who's pocketing all the money from fees and taxes in Maldives? far as Ive seen it aint going to the common people.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Zol
Anybody tried "Atoll Transfer" as an alternative. You can rent a 6 person boat for $580 return all inclusive.
i tried to reach out to them via email and haven't received any response...it's been over a week
Old May 25, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
I haven‘t used atolltransfer, but other 3rd party boat operators for interisland/atoll transfers. It seems, that atolltransfer is just a broker. You can book directly with tour operators, diving schools or watersports via getmyboat.com or look for providers at Tripadvisor and contact them directly for a quote.

For the short transfer from Male to WA the small 6 pax speed boat for 580$ mentioned before is ok, but not comparable with the bigger speed boats used by the hotels. You could also use an open watersports or fishing boat within the atoll, but expect to get wet.
I used a similar 6 pax speedboat recently for the transfer from Conrad Maldives to St. Regis Vommuli. It took 2,5 h and price was 510$.
Within the Atoll it was bumpy and in the channel between the Atolls it was no fun at all, comparable to a rollercoaster ride! I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone. If you are not used to open water boat rides or travel with have small kids or if you’re faint of heart, it is not for you.
Also you and your luggage may get wet.

Old May 25, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
I used a similar 6 pax speedboat recently for the transfer from Conrad Maldives to St. Regis Vommuli. It took 2,5 h and price was 510$.
Within the Atoll it was bumpy and in the channel between the Atolls it was no fun at all, comparable to a rollercoaster ride! I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone. If you are not used to open water boat rides or travel with have small kids or if you’re faint of heart, it is not for you.
Also you and your luggage may get wet.
Tom, how would you compare CR and SRV?
Old May 25, 2019, 4:44 pm

I find it weird that they have't made a full website yet, especially given that their opening in about a month. Most large chain hotels make enchanted websites for their properties in the Maldives. ie. Conrad,Fairmont
Old May 25, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
I find it weird that they have't made a full website yet, especially given that their opening in about a month. Most large chain hotels make enchanted websites for their properties in the Maldives. ie. Conrad,Fairmont
They have indicated it will be updated at the end of this month.

TD
Old May 25, 2019, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NightFury1

Now it is changed to $350++ per person per way.
They are insane now transfer to Conrad is much cheaper by plane....

Hope you will find good price for local boat transfer
Old May 26, 2019, 6:57 am

Accidental double post

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; May 26, 2019 at 8:30 am
Old May 26, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by headforflights
They are insane now transfer to Conrad is much cheaper by plane....
Yes, their insanity greed has been well documented.

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
They have indicated it will be updated at the end of this month.
Don't hold your breath. I asked a lot of questions mid January and this is the response I got
Further to your queries, our website is scheduled to be online by mid-February and we hope to be able to answer most of them by then.
And you guessed it, most of the questions have not been answered nor info posted on the website.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; May 26, 2019 at 7:47 am
Old May 26, 2019, 12:06 pm

Keep in mind, that the St.Regis is asking 14.000 ++ for the 5h oneway airport transfer with a similar yacht (max 6 adults and 2kids).
Depending on the max occupancy of the WA yacht it‘ s a bargain
Old May 26, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_09

Tom, how would you compare CR and SRV?
i will sent you a pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.