Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! How misleading to write that they do in the room descriptions then.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Yes, the room descriptions for the suites are not accurate. The executive suites do not have a jacuzzi, but the executive plus suites do have a jacuzzi.

I haven't ever gotten fruit, chocolate, or chocolate covered strawberries.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Kevino.

On Hilton.co.uk they've got two other category's of suites 'King/Twin Hilton River View'. Perhaps this is an old product, where does it lie between Exec and Exec Plus? My guess is between as Exec Plus has the jacuzzi and does advertise a river view.

EDIT: I think I answered my own question. The rates for the twin are the same as Exec Plus and King doesn't show, but neither does Twin Exec Plus. Only King Exec Plus and Twin River show. On Hilton.com, both show as Exec Plus. So, it must be a quirk of the UK website.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
The Executive Plus Suites face Chao Phraya River, the Executive Suites face Thonburi side (but you can see the river anyway).
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:38 am

Premium Club for stay at Millennium BKK ?

I just came across a (2011) promo that sounds a little too good to be true:

Millennium Bangkok
Does anybody have any experience with it and what to worry about when e.g. wanting to combine those BOGOs with the compimentary night for a free stay? And how do those Suite/Deluxe certificates work ?

Here is what you are entitled to for THB 6800 (seems to be a complete no brainer if you stay 5-6 days):

MILLENNIUM HILTON BANGKOK BENEFITS

25% discount when dining alone for lunch and dinner
50% discount when dining with one guest (2 people)
33% discount when dining with two guests (3 people)
25% discount when dining with three guests (4 people)
20% discount when dining with four guests (5 people and so on)

20% discount when dining at Conrad Bangkok (min 2 person dining including beverages)

30% Flat Discount when dining at Prime Restaurant and Maya Restaurant (1 + person excludes beverages)

15% discount on food and beverages consumed at Three Sixty. Non-transferable

20% discount on the in house facilities - when charged to your room account: restaurants, bars, room service, laundry, mini-bar, telephone charges, and business centre services

Accommodation

Complimentary Night Certificate
One (1) complimentary night stay valid at either Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. Excluded breakfast. Certificate is subject to room availability. Non-transferable

Stay One Night, Second Night Complimentary Room Certificate
Two (2) Room Certificate entitling member to stay first night at Fully Flexible rate, second night complimentary (room only) Millennium Hilton Bangkok. Non-transferable

Special Deluxe Room Certificate
Three (3) Special Deluxe Room Certificates @ 3,500 Baht net (inclusive complimentary breakfast for 2 persons) Millennium Hilton Bangkok. Transferable

Executive Suite Treat Certificate
One (1) Executive Suite Treat @ 5,000 Baht net (inclusive breakfast and Executive lounge benefits) Millennium Hilton Bangkok. Transferable
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'd need those discounts as the hotel restaurants are very overpriced!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:07 am

I do know that there are two good restaurants just 150 feet to the left and the right
Apart from snacks at the pool there is no plan for dining in (well, breakfast obv. as gold).

What I really would love to know is how to handle those Bogos and the free night cert.. nobody ever bought this package and can share some experience ?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:43 am

Can't combine BOGO and free night cert to get 2 night free stay.

You can get 1 night free and 2 night from BOGO though. Total of 3 nights for 1 Best flexible rate paid.

Work well if you have at Gold, Diamond status for free breakfast and upgrade to executive room.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
I just bought this a few weeks back. Although the one I am using is through Kuala Lumpur, hotel certificate is good at KL Sentral, KL Doubletree and Phuket. They actually made my reservation at the KL Sentral prior to sending the packet, since I was traveling in a few weeks.

I agree that the restaraunts are overpriced, but at 50% off its a deal....the quality in some locations is amazing. Some of the locations DONT honor for poolside, and dont discount drinks, from my understanding(aka Phuket). Your listing above is accurate, as far as food discounts and room options. Rooms can be limited, if its busy time, so dont assume it will be available regardless of season.

I think its a great deal, the room almost covers the cost, still get your Diamond benifits and the food discounts are for a year at all premium club locations, regardless of which hotel you bought it from.

Checking online for the nights isnt possible from what I've gathered...you must email Premium club and this may be a pain. Since I was able to do pretty much at the same time as buying it, it was simple an efficient! I probably wont use the other "discounts Items" in the packet, as I believe Corporate rates are on Par with these offerings. It is simply the FREE night and 50% on the food that I consider the core benifits for me...... I will post any issues that I encounter after I return Oct 1st. I will be trying 3 locations with this card, 2 in KL and the other in Phuket.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: HHonours Gold, Accor Platinum, KF, *A Gold
Care to share how much it cost you to purchase the package in KL? And you got it at the hotel or through some rep from Hilton? Many thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:52 pm

The Premium Club is a marketing program for Hilton, so be aware that it is technically a seperate entity.....as is the case with all the hotel card programs. The prices are all listed online, all run about 200US, this was 644 ringit, so roughly 200. I got it through a rep off the premium club site, although they dont like to mail internationally. They will have it sent to the hotel and you can pick it up at checkin. We have an office in Singapore, so i just had them send it there. The rep(Calvin), booked my hotel since I wanted to use the certificat for 1 of my nights in KL.

There are slight variations in the benifits depending on where you purchase them aka if you buy the KL one, it comes with a bonus free buffet for 2. thats about 90 US at the KL property, but also good at Doubletree. The 50% dining discount is of course valid accross all Premium club locations, the list is on the link at the top of the thread. Anyway, the rep i used was great...im sure they are commission based and if you want his email PM me and I will forward. Heck, anyone who will book a room and answer the number of questions that I had, deserves a little PR.

Bottomline, if you are spending more than a few days in Thailand, China or KL....this is a good deal. If you are there for multiple trips, its a very good deal. The Key for me was make sure the free room night is available.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by shawntobi
I just bought this a few weeks back....... I will post any issues that I encounter after I return Oct 1st. I will be trying 3 locations with this card, 2 in KL and the other in Phuket.
That' ll be awesome and very much appreciated !
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:54 pm

I just returned from my trip, and the card worked just as promised.

I used the free Buffet for 2 and the Hotel night immeditaly.

If your going to have a few meals at the hotel, i can recommend....the Card.

The Poolside discount at KL Sentral is very nice....
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Last year I had a view of that hotel from my room at the Royal Orchid Sheraton across the river. I wondered about it, then wondered if the "sinking building" stories were true when I heard them.

It'll be a welcome addition to have another HHonors property open since the other Hilton changed affiliations some time ago. The Conrad is very nice, but a riverside Hilton will be good to have as well.
It was true that the building was nicknamed the leaning tower of Bangkok and that it was slowly sinking to one side. It was only after a Feng Shui consultant was brought in that the problem was corrected. The round bit at the top of the building was the problem. The rectangular shape of the hotel represented a blade and thus was slicing into the earth. The round shape represented Heaven but there was no 'Earth' to balance the two. So the Feng Shui master asked tht a square block be placed next to sinking side to balance the shape of th building. Since then the sinking stopped.

The Owners might hve even anxious to recoup their loses. The building stood empty for more than ten years!

I'm there now and the building is even bigger than from the outside. Talk about price gouging at FLOW, the main restaurant though. Buffet dinner is going for THB 2800 per person! Gosh! The Grand Hyatt Erawan's seafood buffet at 1800 Bht seems lik a steal now.

Hotel is full over NYE weeknd. And as Gold, I am told that I have no Lounge access but breakfast will be at FLOW restaurant instead. Should be ok till tomorrow.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Hotel is full over NYE weeknd. And as Gold, I am told that I have no Lounge access but breakfast will be at FLOW restaurant instead. Should be ok till tomorrow.
For sure the hotel cannot be full if they are still selling rooms for tomorrow night for 2700 THB?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.