Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

I learnt from the Sydney experience not to go to a hotel on opening day!!
I need to book for early feb but looks like they are not taking bookings yet.

but when I try for an award it says call the Diamond desk.
I wouldnt burn points for that little amount of cash though
as it is a 5 (35K pn)
Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:16 pm

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by transpac
Millennium Hilton Bangkok to open in February
According to Hilton's website
This hotel will be joining the Hilton Family soon but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in December 2005.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:03 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Also trying to stay in march 2006.Still not able to book.E-mailed hilton who are still saying it will open in february.
Anyone in bangkok who has heard anything?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by drron
Also trying to stay in march 2006.Still not able to book.E-mailed hilton who are still saying it will open in february.
Anyone in bangkok who has heard anything?
While I haven't heard anything, I'm in BKK right now. Passing by the Hilton, it's almost complete. It seems the lower floors (shops?) are still being completed and covered with a plastic tarp.

However, the location is pretty bad. It's on the east side of the Chao Phraya and you'll have to use the cross-river ferry to get to the Tha Tien river station (by Wat Pho), then use another ferry to get to the Central Pier and connect to the Skytrain. While the cost for these ferries are negligible, it seems it will waste a lot of time. Perhaps the Hilton will have it's own ferry boat (a la Oriental) and send it's passengers back and forth from Central Pier?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrzej
I love the BKK Conrad, but calling it one of the best hotels in the world? no way. IMHO, it's a close, but still second to the HKG Conrad. So it's not even the best Conrad.

There are so many outstanding properties in the world and I'm afraid, BKK Conrad falls off the top 100 list very early. Probably would not even make top 200.

Still, it is one of my favorites. I've stayed there few times in the past and will probably stay few more times in the future. The reason I asked about the Hilton was to rack up 3 stays every time I visit BKK. I don't mind moving, so 1 night in the middle of the vacation, the Hilton will get my business.
Conrad BKK isn't even close to being the top hotel in Bangkok.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I would consider the Conrad BKK to be among the best hotels for the $ spent. If you pay more you can certainly get more. But I personally don't need more out of a hotel than the Conrad BKK offers.

The Intercontinental is a fine choice as well when it comes to bang for the $. It's location right on a Skytrain stop is a huge perk.

Several of the "top" hotels in thailand are missing the super friendly thai personality -- instead you get more of a british snob 'tude. A big turn off for me.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:55 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by doglover
I would consider the Conrad BKK to be among the best hotels for the $ spent. If you pay more you can certainly get more. But I personally don't need more out of a hotel than the Conrad BKK offers.
How is the location of the Conrad BKK? The new Hilton is supposed to be off the beaten path.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:00 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
The Conrad BKK is a short walk from the Skytrain and from Sukhumvit shopping. There's also a free shuttle bus that runs during daytime hours to and from the bus stop. It's not immediately close to anything except for a nice air conditioned mall. It's also a very short taxi ride from the night market. We really liked it's central location which kept travel times to a minimum.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:11 am

Has anyone been successful in booking a stay here (paid)? according to a on-line trave agent and hilton reservation desk, they should be open...
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:30 am

Reservations can now be made on hilton.com but the first night I can get availability on is march 16th.This then looks like the opening date.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:58 am

March 1, 2006

I just got an email from them saying that March 1 is the date:

Greeting from The Millennium Hilton Bangkok !

Thank you for your interested in our hotel.

Pleased be inform you that Millennium Hilton Bangkok will be opening in
1 March.
Should you need any assitance or further information, please do not
hesitate to contact us.

We are looking forward to having you stay with us.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:14 pm

Yes have received that email but the english was a little more asian.Ended with we would like to be seeing with you in march.Now is it worth staying in the second week it is open?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:40 pm

I have a booking for the 20th March. Think I'll end up staying there if they are open.

It is quite a bit cheaper for executive floors than the Conrad and Westin.

I also have the option of staying there on the 18th (night). Unsure yet whether I will. Maybe just a little too close to opening!

-- Edited to add:

There is weird things happening with the booking site. If you put in a date on the front page, it comes up as unavailable. However, if you enter no date and click through then you can choose your nights and book...

Last edited by Aus_Mal; Jan 12, 2006 at 2:03 am
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
If you call in HHonors reservation desk, they will be able to book you through the system. I have a reservation on the 5th of March for 2 nights.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by wyoon
If you call in HHonors reservation desk, they will be able to book you through the system. I have a reservation on the 5th of March for 2 nights.
Make sure you have Points Stretchers.....PS is showing available every day until June....

But then again, at rates of only $95, might be better to do a paid stay....IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.