Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by olisch
Just checked in at Millenium Hilton and for the first time I'm really pissed off. I booked an Executive Suite and as a Gold Member I expected to get upgraded to an Executive Plus Suite.
I don't nne read the T&C again, because it doesn't matter ... in the past I already got upgraded to an Exectuve Plus Suite when I had booked the Executive Suite ...

So you are telling us that you are "really pissed off" because you were lucky on a different stay but not lucky this time? And you are telling us about your expectations as a Gold member (which has become something like the entry status for most HH members)??
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I don't nne read the T&C again, because it doesn't matter ... in the past I already got upgraded to an Exectuve Plus Suite when I had booked the Executive Suite
you should read them cause they do matter....just because the property was nice enough to go above & beyond the t&c once doesn't mean that they will do it again....specially for a gold member....

and if you know the difference between both suites (Thonburi view vs. Bangkok view and a guest toilet) then you also that T&S doesn't fit in this case.
t&s do fit here....you were not entitled to the suite upgrade & therefore you didn't get it....

In the end it doesn't matter for us because we're fine with the Executive Suite
you wouldn't have been pissed off & disappointed if it didn't matter to you....
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Just checked in at Millenium Hilton and for the first time I'm really pissed off.

I booked an Executive Suite and as a Gold Member I expected to get upgraded to an Executive Plus Suite. Not a big a deal in my mind, because both types of suites are very similar but obviously I'm wrong about it.

I was told that there's a hotel policy that they only upgrade from Deluxe room to Executive room, but nothing furthermore. So we "have to" stay at Executive Suites (which by no means isn't really a bad thing), but I'm still disappointed.
Are you Mr. Smith??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4...e_gdata_player
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
hilarious....
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:39 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ProfNapalm
Would you mind explaining a little about the difference in between the "normal" Suites and the Hilton one please ?

From what I did get the only difference between exec. and exec. plus is the location ?

many thanks
Yes, the Hilton Suite is a much larger suite than the other 2 that I mentioned. It has a kitchen area with sink, full size fridge etc. No cooker though IIRC. It aslo had a connecting door to a King bedrrom, efffctively making it a 2 bedroom suite - which was a specific requirement of ours and why this worked so well. I believe there is only 1 or maybe 2 of these in the hotel.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
Hi...
I'm staying at the Hilton next week for my honeymoon...booked w points on my diamond account. I wrote the hotel and they mentioned they would note honeymoon on our reservation. Has anyone stayed there for a special occasion? I don't want to get my new wife's hopes up...
We have already confirmed an awesome suite in Phuket at the jw, but that was points and cash.
Nit sure if I need to use the same approach at the Hilton
Thanks
Jim
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:33 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by JimJ321
Hi...
I'm staying at the Hilton next week for my honeymoon...booked w points on my diamond account. I wrote the hotel and they mentioned they would note honeymoon on our reservation. Has anyone stayed there for a special occasion? I don't want to get my new wife's hopes up...
We have already confirmed an awesome suite in Phuket at the jw, but that was points and cash.
Nit sure if I need to use the same approach at the Hilton
Thanks
Jim
I know others who have stayed here on honeymoon and were upgraded to Excecutive Kings - as a Diamond this is practically a given. You may get a special evening turndown including a rose petal festooned bed & "romantic" bath c/w bath oils etc etc. You will have lounge access anyway as a Diamond.

Not easy to get Suite upgrades here as they follow HHonors rules very closely as indeed they should, but these can be very reasonably priced either by the NOR-1 route or asking at check-in. My advice is to pay for the room you want to avaoid disappointment - it's your honeymoon afterall. Enjoy.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
Not easy to get Suite upgrades here as they follow HHonors rules very closely as indeed they should, but these can be very reasonably priced either by the NOR-1 route or asking at check-in. My advice is to pay for the room you want to avaoid disappointment - it's your honeymoon afterall. Enjoy.
i agree....in my many stays here as diamond i was never upgraded to a suite....but i did often use the nor-1 upgrade & they were very reasonably priced....
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by NoY
It seems somehow impossible to get a Suite upg. - but the NOR always gave me a very reasonable price (would've been stupid not to take the offer)..
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by NoY
...You may get a special evening turndown including a rose petal festooned bed & "romantic" bath c/w bath oils etc etc. You will have lounge access anyway as a Diamond....
The probably best advice if you want to make it something special and be sure about it - email them in advance and politely ask. They make almost everything possible and I never was dissapointed, whether it was an orchid bouquet, a greeting arrangement for friends, etc...
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
Thanks for the advice. Room was booked well in advance w points, I reached out to hotel staff and will hope for the best. Maybe try a cash upgrade at checking (only 2 night stay) so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Either way - hotel looks sweet and the bar up top should be great.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:47 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by JimJ321
Thanks for the advice. Room was booked well in advance w points, I reached out to hotel staff and will hope for the best. Maybe try a cash upgrade at checking (only 2 night stay) so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Either way - hotel looks sweet and the bar up top should be great.
Yes, the cocktail bar is very nice with super views in the evening.

Not saying suite upgrades are not possible at all - I have had several - but I am a multi-stay guest & have got to know one or two of the management. Help is therefore there when I need it.

You will undoubtedly enjoy this top-notch Hilton I am sure. Do let us know how you get on.

Last edited by NoY; Aug 10, 2011 at 5:45 am
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Here's a short review of our latest stay at Millenium Hilton

- Stayed there 3 nights at the end of july

- Booked an Executive Suite and (as mentioned before) "just" got an Executive Suite. There's nothing wrong about that but as a regular guest who usually stayed at Executive Suite I expected a little bit more ... didn't happen but also didn't matter ... case closed, Feierabend ...

- Also booked a limousine transfer from Don Muang Airport to the hotel. Unfortuately a couple of weeks before I had to change my flight. Informed the Reservation and got a confirmation for the change of flight. When we arrived at DMK, noone waited for us. As we learned later, the reservation office forgot to send the change to the concierge team who are in charge for the limousine. After a couple of calls with the hotel. Good for us that at nearly the same time a hotel driver send a guest to DMK, so he finally picked us up and ot us to the hotel. A couple of days after we left the hotel I received an email from a concierge team leader who apologized for their mistake and offered us a complementary limousine transfer next time we'll stay at Millenium Hilton

- In my opinion the Executive Suite at Millenium still offers great value. There might be bigger, newer or more luxurious suites in Bangkok but the "suite per THB"-ratio is hardly matched by other hotels.

- The outdoor area of the Executive Lounge has been remodeled. Now two thirds belong to threesixty bar and just one third can be used from the lounge. The outdoor part from the lounge is also crowded (in my opinion overcrowded) with chairs and tables, so it has lost a lot of his relaxing and enjoying atmosphere.

- Staff was simply awesome. No matter if the doorboys, the staff at Flow, the HHonors agents in the lobby, the crew of the shuttle boat or the staff at the Executive lounge, they all were overwhelmingly friendly, caring and helping. The warmth and hospitality we received (or at least what we felt what we received) is unmatched in Thailand. Especially my two little sons were always in the centre of their attention.

- If you want to go shopping while staying at Millenium Hilton I recommend The Mall Thaphra. It takes a 5 minutes taxi ride and about 60 THB to 70 THB to get there. A huge mall with douzends of shops, restaurants and a cinema where you can mostly anything you might be looking for. Though it's mainly frequented by thai people the risk of potential scam is quite low.

- Next to the hotel directly at Chao Phraya River there are two local restaurants Be my Guest (50m to the right) and ID Beer Bar (80m to the left, don't worry it's really a restaurant and definately no beer bar). Both provide good local food for decent prices (at least for a location at Chao Phraya River) and some nice live music. Both restaurants are also mainly frequented by thai people.

I still love the Millenium Hilton and we'll be back ... and in the end that's the only thing that really matters
Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:39 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
- In my opinion the Executive Suite at Millenium still offers great value. There might be bigger, newer or more luxurious suites in Bangkok but the "suite per THB"-ratio is hardly matched by other hotels.
Agree, booking this style of room is often great value.

- Booked an Executive Suite and (as mentioned before) "just" got an Executive Suite. There's nothing wrong about that but as a regular guest who usually stayed at Executive Suite...
A great reminder, and word to the wise. If you think that you may want a suite at this hotel, just book it. If you book a suite, expect to get the type you booked.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
Just got back from a trip to BKK. Great property overall, and convenient to the tourists sites. A few observations:
* I was only upgraded to a regular exec room. No complaints - awesome view, good amentities. Another poster mentioned the uncomfortable beds...I cannot remember, so I guess the mattress was pretty good. Rooms were average size and comfortable.
* Staff was great downstairs and I'm sure this applies to all guests.
* Exec Lounge was pretty big, so the staff never got to remember your name. Overall, good, but the food offerings for happy hour were very limited. I'd prefer to serve myself, but appetizers were delicious and different every night of my stay. Remember to dress appropriately!
* Location was great. If you're taking a taxi, take it from the hotel, but return to River City - you'll save alot of money. Hotel shuttle boat was very convenient too!
* Internet - We had difficulty connecting to our smart phones in the room...kept receiving an error. Just go to the exec lounge, connect, and then return to your room and you should have no problems. The internet connect times out, so I found I needed to reconnect in the morning and late afternoon.
* I wish I got his name, but the shuttle boat driver (captain?) was the best. He gave excellent informaton, gave exact details about pricing and what scams to watch out for, and was SOOO MUCH FUN!!! Whereas the hotel was trying to present (as they should) an upscale vacation experience, the boat captain seemed to try to point us towards the "real" Bangkok. He always seemed to point us toward the cheapest, and (I think) best places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.