Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Simmonds87
Looking at it the express airport train doesn't run to Phaya Thai anymore? Is that right?
That is correct, you take a City Line train to Phaya Thai, seven stops total, about half an hour on the train. Transferring to Skytrain at Phaya Thai is about a four minute walk, and Skytrain frequency is high so five minute wait at most.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Only here to help re qualify for Diamond , promotional points and Virgin promo otherwise I WOULD not come back here .

Check in usual shambles . Two staff on front desk both on phones . Eventually one acknowledged me (q behind) then took passport for copy and galloped me upstairs to Exec Lounge .

Twenty minutes later of three members of staff (clueless) produced key card . Was after 2 o'clock . Even though prepaid once they've checked my card , taken it for incidentals asked for credit card not debit . To be fair guess they are thinking of the time bank might take to release hold on funds on debit card .

Have a Executive Plus Suite (Discover Thailand cheapo rate) - looking very shabby . Obviously repainted recently as on carpets , desk and table !

Offered an gift as no upgrade - box of chocks and fruit delivered .

Internet is very slow - told one device only ?!?

Afternoon tea is now brought to you either on platter or if more than one cake stand . Bland but variety of items - scone, cake , mango creation , pineapple and two savouries !

Cocktails start at 5.30pm - being set up from 3.00 pm .

Cocktail menu given out in preparation

Told breakfast in Lounge only ... Here we go again

Only stay here if you want river location or it's cheap .
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Arriving a few days before Christmas at 8:40am. I will have a checked bag.

Is it worth shelling out for fast track and a taxi ? I'm concerned that waiting for luggage will negate the advantage of fast track and traffic will still be heavy at that time of the morning. Am I better off just going through regular immigration , getting my bag and taking city line & Skytrain?

I need to get to the Myanmar embassy that morning so the sooner I can get to the hotel, the better.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by UpperDeckJunkie
Arriving a few days before Christmas at 8:40am. I will have a checked bag.

Is it worth shelling out for fast track and a taxi ? I'm concerned that waiting for luggage will negate the advantage of fast track and traffic will still be heavy at that time of the morning. Am I better off just going through regular immigration , getting my bag and taking city line & Skytrain?

I need to get to the Myanmar embassy that morning so the sooner I can get to the hotel, the better.
Have you considered going to the Myanmar embassy first (get off BTS at Surasak), then head to the Millennium Hilton, which is, of course, across the river? BTW I would recommend checking Myanmar embassy web site to make sure they are open the day you plan to visit.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Have you considered going to the Myanmar embassy first (get off BTS at Surasak), then head to the Millennium Hilton, which is, of course, across the river? BTW I would recommend checking Myanmar embassy web site to make sure they are open the day you plan to visit.
I have considered doing that. However, after a 10 hour overnight flight, then getting through the airport and the Skytrain with luggage, the thought of lugging all that around from Surasak to the embassy, waiting in line etc, is not all that appealing.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by UpperDeckJunkie
8:40am arrival, checked luggage, regular immigration at the height of tourist season, ARL, 2x BTS, Hilton shuttle boat (3x hour, 10' ride): you won't make it to the embassy in the morning that way. Even by taxi it could be tight.

If your luggage isn't priority-tagged (BKK is one airport where those tags are actually effective), fast track probably would just result in your waiting 20-30' for your bag to come out.

I don't know about Myanmar's, but most embassies would be less than thrilled about letting large bags into their premises.

You may wish to consider a plan B.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by monahos
8:40am arrival, checked luggage, regular immigration at the height of tourist season, ARL, 2x BTS, Hilton shuttle boat (3x hour, 10' ride): you won't make it to the embassy in the morning that way. Even by taxi it could be tight.

If your luggage isn't priority-tagged (BKK is one airport where those tags are actually effective), fast track probably would just result in your waiting 20-30' for your bag to come out.

I don't know about Myanmar's, but most embassies would be less than thrilled about letting large bags into their premises.

You may wish to consider a plan B.
Thanks - that is exactly the information I needed. Plan B is now in effect - same flights but arrive a day earlier . For $50 change fee I can relax and don't have to pay out for fast track or taxi that may not even get me there in time (OK, I now have the cost of an extra night at a hotel but it's still worth it).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Millenium Hilton Bangkok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.