Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:42 pm

Red face question regarding rate inclusive of dinner

the extra charge to get dinner is around 100 dollars for 2 adults and one child, Now my question is.... is it really worth it, it came out to 33 dollars per person but what do you get on this.

You know a set menu, a la carte.

If anyone have any info will be awesome.

Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
just take the courtesy boat across the river and you'll find more then a sufficient # of restaurants available (at far less then Thb3200).........

Originally Posted by puntos68
the extra charge to get dinner is around 100 dollars for 2 adults and one child, Now my question is.... is it really worth it, it came out to 33 dollars per person but what do you get on this.

Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Or walk out hotel river-facing exit and go left or right on river banks. There's a restaurant right next to hotel on left, street food on right and further down, there's YokYor Marina seafood.

$100 is a lot to pay.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tide
Or walk out hotel river-facing exit and go left or right on river banks. There's a restaurant right next to hotel on left, street food on right and further down, there's YokYor Marina seafood.

$100 is a lot to pay.
The restaurant next door is called 'Be My Guest' and it's excellent. Be My Guest near Bangkok Millenium Hilton
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The OP will be amazed how much great food you can get for USD 100 in BKK. It would be a total waste of money to pay the hotel this amount for a meal for 2 adult + 1 child (unless the OP does not want to leave the property).

I second the recommendation for the nearby restaurant. The bill will most likely be 1/4 or 1/3 of the amount the OP will be charged at the hotel and the food will most likely better.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.

Thanks
I have never have had dinner in any of the restaurants but for lunch they have a "all you can eat Dim Sum" in the chinese restaurant, for aprox 10/12 USD/person that is absolutely delicious.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat

Thanks
No, it is not worth it. Bangkok has some of the best values in restaurants anywhere in the world.

When you get there, go to the first bookstore you see and buy Thai Tatler Best Restaurants for $10. It will provide an overview of the city's amazing choices in dining.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:23 pm

Talking

Great info ,thanks a lot.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
What was your rate? I paid something like 2800 and receive a King Executive Suite Plus upgrade. I was happy with that, but definitely wouldn't have paid for it.
So I booked a standard king room for 7 nights using HH redemption. I then emailed the hotel asking if they can give me an upgrade offer for a king executive suite. after a bit of back and forth, they offered me an upgrade to a king exec suite for 2200 BHT + taxes. This is of course on top of the 30k points per night standard room redemption. Any ideas if this is a reasonable upgrade cost? the booking is for November 9-16 and so start of high season.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
based upon previous stays at this prop, the exec suites generally are around Thb3000++ more then the std rms so Thb2200 sounds reasonable if you want to upgrade to a guaranteed suite.........

Originally Posted by blindy
So I booked a standard king room for 7 nights using HH redemption. I then emailed the hotel asking if they can give me an upgrade offer for a king executive suite. after a bit of back and forth, they offered me an upgrade to a king exec suite for 2200 BHT + taxes. This is of course on top of the 30k points per night standard room redemption. Any ideas if this is a reasonable upgrade cost? the booking is for November 9-16 and so start of high season.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:57 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by mandc2000
First impressions -wow -very modern new hotel then ....

Check in was busy -ok conference on it appears . Not very gracious welcome or smiling faces . Told cant upgrade as already paid for a suite -ok -no problem offered spa treatment or Chocs -nice touch . Noticed an area for Hilton honours check in - remains used . Some discussion about breakfast downstairs as states an extra 385 TB for full breakfast. Told its waived ? Internet in room keeps stating charge -again told this will be removed .Walk down room corridor mst opens opened and two housekeeping carts blocking hallway. Must had a large group check out. Staff don't make any eye contact or day hello - I'm not that scary and this really is a basic standard.Music blaring from a room they are cleaning - not a great first impression .
Ha, we must have missed each other. I was there from sept 2-4. Yes, there was an airline insight or something conference going on and a rather massive Asian (seems to be Japanese) tour group who checked in late evening on the third and practically took up floors 5-7.

My room was decent (standard room, no upgrades) and I had full executive lounge access... The afternoon tea is a bit of a joke, but the happy hour was decent. Not lavish by any means, but had a reasonable spread and decent drink options.

Breakfast was good. There wasn't any wow factor, but it had all of the essentials for a solid breakfast. I ate everything both days (yes, a bowl of cereal, all fruits, a plate of cold cuts, small salad, the omelet, dim sum, all of the breakfast meat, and some of those good smoothies). I am not large, only a mere 150-155 pounds and six foot tall

For the wifi, it was pretty crappy, sometimes I couldn't even connect and the 450 THB charge was annoying, but I wasn't charged for anything.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Room service breakfast

Some Hilton properties let me order breakfast from room service for a small delivery/service charge. They wouldn't charge me for the breakfast itself as continental breakfast is complimentary for Gold members. Conrad Dublin is a good example of this.

I wonder if MH Bangkok would do this as well... When on holiday, it is good to sleep in and order breakfast on occasion. I know I shouldn't be lazy but...
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
King Executive Suite vs Plus at HH in BKK

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between King Executive Suite and King Executive Suite Plus at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel? I booked the suite but is it worth it to spend 600 baht extra per night? The website is confusing . Better views?
Thanks

Ps.. I've done a search and not hits ..
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:21 pm

Executive suite is at the back, rooms xx16 and xx17 think; whereas the Executive plus is at the front, and has an extra cloakroom, rooms xx01 and xx02 (I think). Both have good views, but obviously the front is more river.

11277m.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
An extra bathroom and location of the suite (and view) are the main differences.
There are a number of comments about the two suites in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.