Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you ask the GM, Mr Richter there's a good chance he will oblige an upgrade to an Exec Suite Plus. Otherwise you stand a reasonable chance via the Front Desk when they do the night audit.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Originally Posted by as219
We were upgraded to an executive suite and were given the choice of the breakfast buffet downstairs in the restaurant or in the EL. Downstairs was the no-brainer choice. Arguably the best buffet we'd ever seen. If someone eats it for breakfast, somewhere in the world, they had it there. ^
Which type of room did u initially book. i intend to stay in this property. like to get upgraded to executive suit, what type of room shall i book

Last edited by raji; Jul 29, 2013 at 8:40 am
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raji
Which type of room did u initially book. i intend to stay in this property. like to get upgraded to executive suit, what type of room shall i book
As you are Gold I'd recommend the category below which is Executive Room. As this hotel is Diamond heavy at times you might not be upgraded at all, however.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Originally Posted by hugolover
As you are Gold I'd recommend the category below which is Executive Room. As this hotel is Diamond heavy at times you might not be upgraded at all, however.
I did a cancellable booking & found that on booking deluxe plus room, we get guaranteed upgrade to executive suit with additional 11600 points. Does this make sense , or we book executive room & wait for upgraded to executive suit at check in
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raji
I did a cancellable booking & found that on booking deluxe plus room, we get guaranteed upgrade to executive suit with additional 11600 points. Does this make sense , or we book executive room & wait for upgraded to executive suit at check in
No, I'd recommend the Executive Room which is one category below Executive Suite. Having said this, the hotel is not required to give suites to Gold's which I believe also means no one category upgrades to them, though I'd find that rather tasteless if that was enforced. I do believe that Gold's receive an Executive Room on booking a Guestroom because the hotel is not keen on providing access to the full buffet for breakfast.

I would email the hotel to enquire if they would upgrade a Gold to a suite on a one category upgrade. If the response was positive I'd book the Executive Room, otherwise save the money and book a guestroom if they confirm that the Executive level upgrade is still the norm.

I hope this helps you.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:12 am

No, I'd recommend the Executive Room which is one category below Executive Suite. Having said this, the hotel is not required to give suites to Gold's which I believe also means no one category upgrades to them, though I'd find that rather tasteless if that was enforced. I do believe that Gold's receive an Executive Room on booking a Guestroom because the hotel is not keen on providing access to the full buffet for breakfast.

I would email the hotel to enquire if they would upgrade a Gold to a suite on a one category upgrade. If the response was positive I'd book the Executive Room, otherwise save the money and book a guestroom if they confirm that the Executive level upgrade is still the norm.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks, i shall send e mail & see whats their response.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, National Exec Elite
I had a challenge when checking in recently to this hotel. I'd like to email the manager to see if anything can be done, but don't know how to track down an email or contact info. Anybody know the email for the manager of this property?

Note: I still love this hotel, but we had 6 people in our group, 4 rooms (1 suite, 2 exec rooms, 1 non-exec room), and I'm also a Diamond. I figured since we had 3 exec rooms there would be no problem getting all 6 of us into the lounge. But the check-in ppl told me that whoever was registered into the non-exec room would not be allowed into the lounge unless I paid to upgrade that room. I didn't want to deal with the hassle so I just paid the fee ($50/night) and was hoping to get in touch with the mgr after the fact to maybe get it refunded. Thoughts?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CdnConsultant
I had a challenge when checking in recently to this hotel. I'd like to email the manager to see if anything can be done, but don't know how to track down an email or contact info. Anybody know the email for the manager of this property?
A good place to locate manager names is TripAdvisor; responses to reviews are often given by (or perhaps in reality, on behalf of) the hotel manager. A recent (23 July) TripAdvisor review of the Millenium Hilton Bangkok is signed off by Denis Richter, Hotel Manager.

Hilton emails are (in my experience) in the format [email protected], so you could try that.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Chang11
The standard rooms are very small at the Mil, I would rather have a standard room at the Conrad (much nicer...maybe you could say more lavish). If you want a suite pay for the upgrade, it's worth it.
I would normally prefer the Conrad but had to change the booking to MH as my travelling companion prefers to stay close to the river. I will pay for the upgrade if they do offer it.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
If you ask the GM, Mr Richter there's a good chance he will oblige an upgrade to an Exec Suite Plus. Otherwise you stand a reasonable chance via the Front Desk when they do the night audit.
Do you mean ask at the time of checkin? I haven't found another way to contact the hotel. The only email address I found is [email protected].
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would not have paid the fee or even needed to ask and put the agent into upsell mode given there were 6 of you across 4 rooms of which 3 rooms can support 6 guests eligible for EL access. They don't really bother too much will checking in the lounge.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
First impressions -wow -very modern new hotel then ....

Check in was busy -ok conference on it appears . Not very gracious welcome or smiling faces . Told cant upgrade as already paid for a suite -ok -no problem offered spa treatment or Chocs -nice touch . Noticed an area for Hilton honours check in - remains used . Some discussion about breakfast downstairs as states an extra 385 TB for full breakfast. Told its waived ? Internet in room keeps stating charge -again told this will be removed .Walk down room corridor mst opens opened and two housekeeping carts blocking hallway. Must had a large group check out. Staff don't make any eye contact or day hello - I'm not that scary and this really is a basic standard.Music blaring from a room they are cleaning - not a great first impression .

Suite has seen better days. Anyone who has seen Carry On Abroad ..actually that's a bit harsh but a little bit of British humour for you

Finishing is poor -stains on floor and furniture and think whoever they contracted to paint the bathroom didn't do any snagging -paint on lamp,tiles and generally where it shouldn't be. Jets in tub not maintained properly. Four visits to the room from staff as they forgot welcome gifts (twice) , no oil for burner and confusion about free pressing and if it would be returned .

Guess hotel is busy as lounge full for afternoon tea at 3.15 -they are setting up for tonight rather than tea service. Eight members of staff not doing a great deal. Food put out at 3.30pm. Small ham sandwich on white bread and a choice of three cakes - cakes are rather good.

Room needs a proper vacuum and dust -conveyed this to lounge staff who was very apologetic and first member of staff who has really engaged with me !

If it seems I'm being a little pissy maybe I am - think it should be rebranded to a Doubletree - missed out on the new Hilton as Conrad offered me a rate 2000 TB cheaper and an suite upgrade .

Noticed the exterior of the hotel is already showing signs of poor workmanship -seemed to remember this building was empty previously for years ?

Overall if you find a bargain rate and can get an upgrade wouldn't pay more than 3000 TB a night -lets see what happens tonight in the lounge, breakfast and check out -perhaps all will be redeemed !
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What was your rate? I paid something like 2800 and receive a King Executive Suite Plus upgrade. I was happy with that, but definitely wouldn't have paid for it.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Original construction of the MH was stopped in 97 and it was a ghost building for years.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
kinda correct as the original Sofitel never was allowed to open, but this is 15+ yr old news so why is it being posted now?????

Originally Posted by Chang11
Original construction of the MH was stopped in 97 and it was a ghost building for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.