Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 11277m
Golds are almost always upgraded to executive floors, together with lounge access. When I was gold and stayed there often, there was only one occasion when an executive room was not available, due to the hotel being genuinely very busy, so standard room was given together with an apology and lounge access granted as well.

If you won't miss the 12,000 extra points, the Suite might be a good option.

There are two types of suites, the front ones on the river, and ones at the back which are the same size but obviously don't have the same river views.
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking I'd rather have a "Deluxe Plus" room than a regular Executive room. It's bigger and apparently newly refurbished. Wonder if they'll handle this as they do at the Conrad where, if you book a corner room, they give you a corner room plus lounge access.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Considering an award stay, Hilton has a promotional rate on the "Deluxe Plus" room for 29,590 points per night. Anyone have comments on this room type, and what the likely upgrade (if any) would be for a gold? I can also book an Executive Suite for 41,920 points per night.

I usually stay at the Shangri-La and enjoy being on the river. Any thoughts as well on whether I would regret choosing the Millenium instead?

Thanks!
I guess it depends how much time you plan to spend there. I don't love Bangkok (though I do love the rest of Thailand), so having a nice big room to escape to is great. However, even the Deluxe Plus rooms are of decent size and comfortable. If I were a bit tight on points and wanted to save some for a later trip somewhere, I would have no qualms staying in the Deluxe Plus.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum HH Diamond
Currently on a stay here. I must say I find it close to exceptional. The treatment of my gold status is superb, the lounge good and the staff helpful. Breakfast is great. Pool has great views. Added to that with PR13CB it's exceptionally cheap. I am a big fan of this property.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by gpf101
Currently on a stay here. I must say I find it close to exceptional. The treatment of my gold status is superb, the lounge good and the staff helpful. Breakfast is great. Pool has great views. Added to that with PR13CB it's exceptionally cheap. I am a big fan of this property.
Great hotel isn't it? Did they require any ID at check-in for the CB rate?

Enjoy Bangkok!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum HH Diamond
No ID required. It sure is a great hotel and a great city. Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by gpf101
If you like Dim Sum, at lunchtime they have an "All you can eat Dim Sum menu" that is fabulous and also of exceptional value.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I concur. This is a nice property although I prefer the downtown properties for their better location.

I have used the CB rate a few times at this property - no ID asked (or required as I understand the CB terms).
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Just completed 6 day stay there.

Was not upgrade to Executive Floor but had access.

EL nice but a little stuffy with no sandals during evening cocktail hour.

Best breakfast main dining room I have experienced.

Staff courteous and helpful.

Internet limited to 3 devices but was EL and lobby no password needed.

One can take the public ferry 100 ft down river from the Hilton ferry pier to cross the river.

Traffic bad each morning just to get on the bridge and cross the river in a taxi.

Upgraded to Executive King room with river view.

Pool on 4th floor overlooking river is also nice.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by rjmaype

Upgraded to Executive King room with river view.
I'm a little confused ~~~~~
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Booked standard room but upgraded to one of top 4 floors which are marked Executive.

Top floor has lounge.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:53 am

Booked standard room but upgraded to one of top 4 floors which are marked Executive.
Still confused...
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 11277m
I'm a little confused ~~~~~
Originally Posted by Koby
Still confused...
i think he means his room was not on the same floor which has the executive lounge but he was still upgraded to an executive level room nonetheless....
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking I'd rather have a "Deluxe Plus" room than a regular Executive room. It's bigger and apparently newly refurbished. Wonder if they'll handle this as they do at the Conrad where, if you book a corner room, they give you a corner room plus lounge access.
I booked this hotel and saw the NOR1 upgrade regarding the Deluxe Plus with the following description:

Just newly renovated
Oversized spacious space
Family oriented
Unique relaxing chair
Great value for money choices compare with extra bed

Anyone experienced this before and if its better than the Executive Rooms ? Both states 40m2 as room size while standard King is 32m2.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i think he means his room was not on the same floor which has the executive lounge but he was still upgraded to an executive level room nonetheless....
Late answer... but there are no rooms on the same floor as the executive lounge. (Unless they are very well hidden?) So I'm not sure what (s)he is complaining about...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Delete.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Aug 5, 2014 at 3:27 am Reason: Oops. Wrong thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.