Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Quick question about BKK Millennium

Has anyone stayed here recently and noticed if they have done anything with the stunningly poor Internet connection speeds? I've seen the connection speeds get progressively at this property over the years (with the rise of smart phone and tablets). Last time I stayed there, 7 months ago, I had problem getting email sent after lunch as everything ground to a halt. Late night and early morning never was an issue.

During my last stay I met the then current manager of the property in the elevator and was told surely it was my fault as the hotel had a whopping 10mbit connection for guest traffic. (Which isn't a lot these days)

-A
Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

I stayed there last week and also the week before and it was really poor.
In the EL it was much better.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Am there right now. I travel with an Airport Express which we have plugged into the ethernet wired internet. So, we have wifi, but not the hotel system. It's a whole lot faster than the hotel wifi.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by manneca
Am there right now. I travel with an Airport Express which we have plugged into the ethernet wired internet. So, we have wifi, but not the hotel system. It's a whole lot faster than the hotel wifi.
I also do the same, and my problem has been the connection out of he building (do a traceroute and you'll see latency jump from single to triple didgit ms when leaving the building).

-A
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Awesome recent photos from Asia Camera of this property: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Hilt...N00&ss=2&s=rec

Recent as in today's Sunday Brunch!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Awesome recent photos ...
Especially the girl on the last pic, but I don't think that she's anything to do with Millenium Hilton

Anyway these pics brought up some nice memories of this hotel to me. Unfortunately it got a little bit "old" in the last xouple of years and due to the opening of many great new hotels in recent years (e.g. Hansar, Sofitel So, Okura) and the awaited opening of the new Hilton at Sukhumvit Road in September I don't think I will come back soon.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Complimentary breakfast for gold members

I have read through the posts in this thread going back to 2010 but couldn't find a clear answer. I am trying to find out if this property offered a complimentary breakfast to Gold members always or is it tied to being upgraded to an exec room and therefore having lounge access? If breakfast needs to be paid form, does anyone know what the current going rate is? It is fine either way but I would like to know the cost for my budget estimates.

I have a booking in Conrad on Wireless Road for a week in November but the lady friend I will be travelling with likes the idea of staying close to the river. Oh well.

Also, more recent posts indicate that the service is going downhill. Is it really that noticeable?

Thanks for any inputs.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:13 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by blindy
I have read through the posts in this thread going back to 2010 but couldn't find a clear answer. I am trying to find out if this property offered a complimentary breakfast to Gold members always or is it tied to being upgraded to an exec room and therefore having lounge access? If breakfast needs to be paid form, does anyone know what the current going rate is? It is fine either way but I would like to know the cost for my budget estimates.

I have a booking in Conrad on Wireless Road for a week in November but the lady friend I will be travelling with likes the idea of staying close to the river. Oh well.

Also, more recent posts indicate that the service is going downhill. Is it really that noticeable?

Thanks for any inputs.
Golds get upgraded to Executive Floor, generally. If not you will be given comp. breakfast in the restaurant.

Its an excellent property.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I have a quick question. I have enough points for points+money at this hotel and the upcoming Hilton Sukhumvit. I just want to stay at the better hotel regardless of CPP. Which one would you recommend?

If it helps, I'm in BKK on a 18 hour connection (arrive 5 AM, depart 11 PM). First time to bangkok with family and just want to hit some of the highlights.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
If it helps, I'm in BKK on a 18 hour connection (arrive 5 AM, depart 11 PM). First time to bangkok with family and just want to hit some of the highlights.
Millenium Hilton, from there you have easy access to Wat Phra Cheo, Wat Arun and Wat Po, in the evening you can stroll around Asiatique - The riverfront for shopping and dinner
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by olisch
Millenium Hilton, from there you have easy access to Wat Phra Cheo, Wat Arun and Wat Po, in the evening you can stroll around Asiatique - The riverfront for shopping and dinner
awesome! I will book the MH then. Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Golds get upgraded to Executive Floor, generally. If not you will be given comp. breakfast in the restaurant.

Its an excellent property.
We were upgraded to an executive suite and were given the choice of the breakfast buffet downstairs in the restaurant or in the EL. Downstairs was the no-brainer choice. Arguably the best buffet we'd ever seen. If someone eats it for breakfast, somewhere in the world, they had it there. ^
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by as219
We were upgraded to an executive suite and were given the choice of the breakfast buffet downstairs in the restaurant or in the EL. Downstairs was the no-brainer choice. Arguably the best buffet we'd ever seen. If someone eats it for breakfast, somewhere in the world, they had it there. ^
Hi,

You did not have to pay a supplement for breakfast downstairs? I stayed twice last Jan and in the welcome letter it was mentioned that for breakfast in the restaurant there would be a charge of around 12 USD IIRC.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Reasonable upgrade offers on reward bookings

So I have changed my 7 night reward booking in November from Conrad Bangkok to the Millennium. Has anyone been offered or ask for a good upgrade offer to a suite from a standard room on a reward booking? I may be upgraded to an executive room but I think it will be the same size. Although we will be going out quite a bit, two people for a week in a standard room for a week can potentially feel crowded. I know I know, I should just pay for a suite but I thought I will check before I think seriously considering spending all that money.

Thanks for any inputs.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
The standard rooms are very small at the Mil, I would rather have a standard room at the Conrad (much nicer...maybe you could say more lavish). If you want a suite pay for the upgrade, it's worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.