Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:56 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Flooding?

Anyone have any information as to how the hotel is expected to fare in these floods? I'm supposed to check in Nov 14 and though the flood will be over there may be some damage.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:28 am

I'm a Gold, and on my prior (solo) visit, I booked a standard King Deluxe room on points and was upgraded to a King Executive on the club floor. On my next visit I'm traveling with a friend and we'll need two beds. On the website it looks like there are no Executive Twins. Has anyone been in this situation and received:
- no upgrade at all, just free breakfast in the restaurant
- standard Twin Deluxe but with club benefits (I sure would like club access and the free laundry)

I'm not going to be shelling out for the Twin Executive Suite.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:54 am

Millennium Hilton Bangkok shuttle bus

Hi,
Does anyone know if the Hilton Bangkok operate a free shuttle bus service between the main airport (Suvarnabhumi International) to the hotel? I know they do a limo service that you pay for.

Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

I have never heart about the free shuttle and also I do not think it is mentioned in their web.

I would just get a normal taxi. In BKK taxis are not expensive at all.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 6:34 pm

No, they don't have it. The hotel is very far, far away from the Suvarnabhumi airport. Taking a taxi is much cheaper than the hotel limo service.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Taxi between THB300-THB350 including tolls and THB50 airport fee.

It would be much cheaper, if you have time and no (or little) checked luggage to take the new airport train and connect to Taksin BTS then take the Hilton free shuttle 'ferry'.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by serfty
It would be much cheaper, if you have time and no (or little) checked luggage to take the new airport train and connect to Taksin BTS then take the Hilton free shuttle 'ferry'.
I agree with serfty. Taking the airport train, then the BTS (transferring lines at Siam), then the Hilton ferry, would certainly fill in your time. The Hilton ferry is scenic though.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: US-CP; UA-PE; CO-PE; HH;Diamond
two more thoughts

One more thought depending what you are sight-seeing ...

It can save you some time and money to take the free hotel boat across the river and get a taxi from the other side of the river.

Also my wife and I really enjoyed a long boat ride on the river. The hotel arranged it for us (just ask at the front desk) and it was VERY cheap - a few dollars and it lasted 90 min and was great.

The above is based on our trip there 2-3 years ago so of course just confirm with the front desk. We loved the hotel (and BKK). Enjoy!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by serfty
Taxi between THB300-THB350 including tolls and THB50 airport fee.

Define much cheaper? 300 THB is $10.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: HH LTDiamond, Delta Diamond,UA 1K, *wood Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
The hotel charges about $75 last time I was there.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by holtju2
It's all relative. Total fare is 85THB so about the cost of a taxi ... and you don't have to deal with issues about "Meter".

Just takes time with at least two train changes and a wait for a ferry.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:10 am

Thanks for all the feedback. Will jump in a taxi, their website reckons about 500 THB. Will be arriving fairly late, about 8pm, so don't want to mess around with trains and boats. Will do on that in the 4 days we're there.

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:59 am

Good choice; taxi is by far the easiest.

Insist on the meter, or accept an all-in price of no more than 420 Baht. Distance is about 40km. If the meter shows much more than that just quietly point out the issue and hand over 300 Baht.

No point getting angry in Thailand. The driver may look disappointed, but won't complain much.

Cost is 50 airport tax, 20 + 50 tolls and shouldn't really be more than about 300 Baht fare on the meter, depending on traffic of course. Total about 420 Baht.

Have a good time...it's a great hotel.

11277m.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Penny pinching going on in Bangkok?

I've stayed at the Millennium Hilton in BKK recently, and done so a few times before this time of year, and I'm seeing plenty penny pinching going on.

- If staying in suites the previous laundry of two items/room per day is out, now its pressing only.

- The toiletries have been switched for some lesser brand.

- Selection of snacks in the lounge in the afternoon is limited to simple, dry sandwiches.

- The one to irk me most, I've liked this property for a decent pool to get an hour of laps in once or twice a day. It is now without any heating and in the cold season it means I never saw anyone go for a swim beyond a lap.

Now off to find myself a new place to go hide a few times a year...

-A
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
That's too bad -- I really appreciated the free laundry of 2 items/day during my one stay there. I still use the 2 plastic suit hangers I received with every trip I take -- going on 3 years now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.