Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Changed my password by clicking on the banner in the website - hopefully the points post because having to call for 1000 points just isnt worth it imho
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I created a user name and a password.

But, the system will not let me sign in using the user name. I must use my HHonors number and my new password.

Of course, every trial and error attempt to figure this out required passing the Gotcha! test too.
Yesterday's experience is described above.

Today, after reading recent posts, I went back in and tried again to set up a user name and password.

Seemed to do so successfully.

Decided to try out the new credentials, so I logged out. When attempting the log in, there was none of the recaptcha BS. Thought: "Hey, this is an improvement."

Entered user name and password. Got error message that I must use the recaptcha BS... which was not displayed before.

And the kicker... there is a field for my user name and my password, but still no recaptcha BS.

It's so enjoyable being a beta (or, perhaps, alpha) tester.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Mar 13, 2015 at 8:44 pm
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Apparently the system will not let you use an email address as a user name.

It accepts it, and tells you that the changes have been saved... it just does not record the email address as the new user name.

Discovered by trial and error, since the system does not warn the user of this.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:29 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Done, easy 1K points
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
1,000 Hhonors points to change password by March 25

When I went to log into my account this morning there was a yellow banner across the top of the screen which read:

"HHonors Security Alert: Update your password now and earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points.

As of April 1, 2015, all members will be required to update their PIN, or current password, to a new and secure password. Update your password now by visiting the Personal Information section of your account profile."

There was a link to click through, where the following was found (I couldn't properly format the page so am just posting the link):

HILTON HHONORS PASSWORD SECURITY UPDATE

Short version is pins are being discontinued as of April 1, and to encourage members to change before then they are being offered 1,000 points to change ahead of time. New passwords will require at least eight characters, at least one upper case letter, and at least one number or one special character.

Last edited by dwcatty; Mar 14, 2015 at 4:28 am Reason: link
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Already being discussed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...in-update.html
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Yesterday's experience is described above.

Today, after reading recent posts, I went back in and tried again to set up a user name and password.

Seemed to do so successfully.

Decided to try out the new credentials, so I logged out. When attempting the log in, there was none of the recaptcha BS. Thought: "Hey, this is an improvement."

Entered user name and password. Got error message that I must use the recaptcha BS... which was not displayed before.

And the kicker... there is a field for my user name and my password, but still no recaptcha BS.

It's so enjoyable being a beta (or, perhaps, alpha) tester.
Created a username & password. When I tried to log in, it won't allow me, saying either username or password is incorrect. I did get the recapcha BS. Tried 3 times without success. Now it looks like I cannot get into my account .
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: HH diamond
Spoke to a CSR, despite having to create a username, it does not work. Still have to enter HHonors# as login ID. So what is the point of creating a username?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Spoke to a CSR, despite having to create a username, it does not work. Still have to enter HHonors# as login ID. So what is the point of creating a username?
Works for me with user name I established in 2013.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:37 am

Changed my password last night to get the 1,000 points. I even logged in again last night to check that the new password worked and was saved in my computer. When I go to log in this morning it tells me my "new" password is incorrect. If I try my old password it also says it is incorrect. I asked it to email me my password and I haven't received the email.

Is anyone else having this problem today?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:00 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by marybdisney
Changed my password last night to get the 1,000 points. I even logged in again last night to check that the new password worked and was saved in my computer. When I go to log in this morning it tells me my "new" password is incorrect. If I try my old password it also says it is incorrect. I asked it to email me my password and I haven't received the email.

Is anyone else having this problem today?
No.

I changed my password once the day after the new announcement; and I have had no problems at all.

I hope the problems you and others have been experiencing are resolved as soon as possible.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:32 am

I changed my password last night. Today when I go to Hilton.com I can't log in using my username / password - it forces me to still use my member # and pin. However if I go to HHonors.com/Login then I am only able to log in using my new username / password.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:41 am

Several things.

1) No matter how many times you changed password, the change your password alert will still show. That means it is just there for everyone.

2) With Chrome browser, I can still log in with user name, HH ID, password, and PIN in any combination. I guess they will take away the PIN on April's fool.

3) Somehow how when I click I am not a Robot, I don't need any verification. I don't know if it is because I am using a Chrome browser or something is broken .
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Well, I've changed PW twice and still getting the Captcha.
Mac/Safari, if that says anything.

Still, what's 1000 points, eh?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k,Marriott LT PLT, Hilton Diamond /HYATT Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec
I have changed my password and I keep getting the banner heading about changing the password. I have logged in and still getting captcha on Firefox.

When I log in with my username must still use the PIN. Had an option I thought to choose which id I wanted to change password and did for username but doesn't appear to be working. If I use my Hilton Honors Id and new password that does allow me to log in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.