Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Well, I've changed PW twice and still getting the Captcha.
Of course! The Captcha was initiated because of hacked accounts, hacked accounts were probably because of PIN login, and while you've changed your password, PIN login is not yet disabled! The PIN login won't be disabled for a few more weeks. (Several posts above have verified that even after you change your password, it still lets you log in with your PIN!) So why would/should they get rid of Captcha now?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Member

Erin-

Will the 1,000 points post keep my account alive for another year?

Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Donlongco
I have changed my password and I keep getting the banner heading about changing the password. I have logged in and still getting captcha on Firefox.
Try using Chrome. I use Chrome browser and even though the I am not a Robot box is still there, clicking it just added the check mark without asking for any other check. I think it is a way for Google to get ahead since both Captcha and Chrome are made by Google.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
If you change your password between March 12 and March 25, 2015, you will receive the 1,000 Bonus Points within six to eight weeks. No confirmation emails will be sent.
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
Erin,
I changed my password but never received the email stating my change was successful. I then logged out and logged back in with my new password and everything worked correctly. I am just surprised about the lack of an email.
Originally Posted by Bonehead
This is a big security concern. If someone manages to get in to your account, the first thing they might do is change the password. With no email confirmation being sent, you wouldn't realize that there was a problem until you attempted to log in. I also wonder if there is a confirmation sent to the current email if that email is changed as well. Most sites worth their salt send emails if there are any substantive changes like these.
I agree wholeheartedly. How can a huge company such as Hilton not send any type of confirmation email. This is just, for lack of a better word, idiotic. Not to mention bad business practice.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
So I see. Funny, though, I had never read this thread. I figured it was just another 'I hate captcha' thread. Based on this thread title alone I had no idea there was a 1,000 point bonus coming.

Now I'm only 99,000 shortly after missing the last 'thank you for being a Diamond member' promo.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I've updated my account, didn't see any indication that I would get the 1000 points but will wait and see.

Thanks for your efforts Erin. ^
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Thanks Erin, I know none of this mess is your fault. I'll be happy if I do get the 1000 points, but life is too short to stress over things like this.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by trm2
Thanks Erin, I know none of this mess is your fault. I'll be happy if I do get the 1000 points, but life is too short to stress over things like this.
It's small change to Hilton, but at least it inspired people to 'do what we want'
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:24 pm
cjd

Thanks Erin. Done and new password works. Wonder who will be the first to post receipt of the 1000 points.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've changed my password but I still get the annoying yellow box telling me to update my password.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TomMM
I've changed my password but I still get the annoying yellow box telling me to update my password.
So is everyone else. Changing the password does not make the banner go away, it is embedded into the web page and is not user specific.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:16 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I signed in this morning to test my new password.

My old PIN was remembered and it let me in. So I logged out and overtyped my PIN with my new password. Both times Captcha only needed me to tick a box, rather than inserting the additional information.

Well, it's handy to have 2 levels of access until they take away in PIN. None of us are getting any younger and memories aren't what they used to be .
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Even though I changed my PW I'm still being allowed to login via PIN. Anyone else?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
As has already been mentioned numerous times - the pin will go on 1st April
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Maybe after pin goes 4/1 the bonus 1000 points will be added to accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.