Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts #26, 37 and 95 from Erin have clearly stated we should do nothing until we hear from her...nothing to do with the points, just to NOT change our passwords until they get their IT issues fixed.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Posts #26, 37 and 95 from Erin have clearly stated we should do nothing until we hear from her...nothing to do with the points, just to NOT change our passwords until they get their IT issues fixed.
I did not read that to include if you thought your account may be compromised. Some people are in the habit of using the same credentials in multiple accounts. If one was hacked, all the others would be vulnerable and a change appropriate.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I am still not a robot.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:31 pm

What a public relations disaster this has become for Hilton.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
I am still not a robot.
LOL
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
It's the exact same captcha that ticketmaster uses to prevent applications/bots from being able to buy out concerts. Is it an extra step? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.

I am annoyed that the mobile app seems to be buggered up though.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by HansGruber
It's the exact same captcha that ticketmaster uses to prevent applications/bots from being able to buy out concerts. Is it an extra step? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.

I am annoyed that the mobile app seems to be buggered up though.
Try updating your app.
Mine wasn't working for about a week and then this morning I updated and it is working again. This is the Hilton Hhonors app for smart phones I am talking about.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Imagine the bad PR if someone holding out to update to the (we must presume) more secure log-in system has his account hacked in the meantime.

Hilton... do you recognize how bad this would look?

Especially considering your continued silence on this matter.
Originally Posted by 466SHH

Anyone wishing to change their password or PIN may do so at any time. If Hilton has decided to delay the tech upgrade and/or not offer the points giveaway, it's not the end of the world.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:14 am

By the way, I changed my password when this initial thread was started and am quite happy I did as doing so disable the PIN option of getting into my account (which lets face it is the reason most of this rampant hacking as taken place).
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by 466SHH
Not at all. Even if ALL FT members left HH, they'd probably not even notice.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
By the way, I changed my password when this initial thread was started and am quite happy I did as doing so disable the PIN option of getting into my account (which lets face it is the reason most of this rampant hacking as taken place).
Are you sure? I thought the problem they are having right now (which delayed the starting of this login update promotion) is that the PIN login is still active after you change your password. Try it. I just did and both password and PIN work.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:11 am

I've never seen so much grumbling & pent up emotion over 1000 points.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:13 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mooper
If Hilton has decided to delay the tech upgrade [...] it's not the end of the world.
No one is suggesting that it's the "end of the world". It is reasonable to be frustrated at the way Hilton has failed, over the course of several months now, to rectify a fairly significant security weakness that has caused considerable inconvenience.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Need
Are you sure? I thought the problem they are having right now (which delayed the starting of this login update promotion) is that the PIN login is still active after you change your password. Try it. I just did and both password and PIN work.

I tried it right before I posted and my PIN no longer works, I get an error logging in
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
No one is suggesting that it's the "end of the world". It is reasonable to be frustrated at the way Hilton has failed, over the course of several months now, to rectify a fairly significant security weakness that has caused considerable inconvenience.
Yes, frustrating, but in keeping with how they have handled many other IT projects in the past several years. One would think with the Hilton history, a customer facing system would get better resources. I guess the pendulum has swung to the far side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.