Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
has anyone other than danksy received the 1000 bonus points?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Are we allowed to change PW now for the 1000 points? Haven't heard back from HHR.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
She did say "don't do anything until you hear from me" so I'm still waiting before I do anything.

She's around today because she posted on another thread so hopefully we'll get an update here.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Not unusual for HH to put out conflicting data. I think Left-hand Right-hand comes to play. There is a good chance HH IT posted that page about the time Erin first told us about it but they have not updated it to reflect the problems they experienced. I'll go with live body communications over web pages every time.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Not unusual for HH to put out conflicting data.
Usually not on the same web page, though.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: SPG gold, Hilton gold, BA silver, Marriott silver, IHG platinum
I got my balance from awardwallet, but this morning after Having delved into my account, the description of the 1,000 is dining bonus, I think in retrospect that my points never posted..... And probably never will!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: HHonors
The username box needs something like AJAX. Doing this would allow you to display some indication the username was/wasn't free prior to requesting it.
The current method of guessing free usernames and constantly retyping the password twice each try is very poor.

Also. The FAQ says "Your new password must be at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 upper case letter, and contain at least 1 number or 1 special character."

The website says "Passwords may only contain numbers and letters (0-9a-zA-Z)." which means special characters aren't possible.

It's good that we're moving towards having sensible passwords but this isn't exactly where security is at today. Why isn't 2FA being implemented? It wouldn't be any more difficult than the pointless (and it is pointless because you can bypass it) captcha system.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative

UPDATE AS OF 2/19:

Just a quick update: this change has not taken effect yet due to a technical issue on our end, so please hold on changing your password for right now. You will not receive Bonus Points by changing your password at this time and you will still be required to change your password at a later date, when we have updates to share. Please stay tuned here as I will post more info as soon as I have it. Thanks for your understanding.

[...]

as a thank you, if you proactively update your password between February 19, 2015, and March 8, 2015, you’ll receive 1,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points.
It is now March 9, so I presume there will be new promo start/end dates announced when this promo is restarted.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It is now March 9, so I presume there will be new promo start/end dates announced when this promo is restarted.
If they won't be honoring this for people who changed their password when they announced the promo, then that is pretty messed up. It's odd that their hasn't been an official clarification of this.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by superflush
If they won't be honoring this for people who changed their password when they announced the promo, then that is pretty messed up. It's odd that their hasn't been an official clarification of this.
But was it ever "announced"? I saw an alert and a posting saying to hold off. I expect they will redefine the window when ready.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gemac
it really is testing our loyalty to ask us to check back here every day for two weeks for 1000 points (actual cash value $3.00).

we do have to check this thread frequently to stay on top of the situation.
This is really not handled very well by Hilton, but it is interesting to see so many people desperate to go out of their way to stay on top of a situation which is considered to have a $3 value...
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
But was it ever "announced"? I saw an alert and a posting saying to hold off. I expect they will redefine the window when ready.
Yes it was - see the first post in this thread, with a start date of 19th Feb. This was then updated with a post to say to hold off on the same date. Many keen FTers had already got in and changed on that date.

Hopefully it will just move dates and start again. It is a nice idea, just let down by the IT side of things.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAPC
Yes it was - see the first post in this thread, with a start date of 19th Feb. This was then updated with a post to say to hold off on the same date. Many keen FTers had already got in and changed on that date.

Hopefully it will just move dates and start again. It is a nice idea, just let down by the IT side of things.
Pulled about as quickly as posted.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
The post was altered by Erin.

very bad form
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
This is really not handled very well by Hilton, but it is interesting to see so many people desperate to go out of their way to stay on top of a situation which is considered to have a $3 value...
I agree that it has been handled poorly. Hopefully they allow people to change their passwords again, if they end up not counting those who have already changed them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.