Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:45 am

done

thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
thanks for the heads up...all done!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
So none of you got a similar e-mail telling me to (again) reset my password?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Bonehead
This is a big security concern. If someone manages to get in to your account, the first thing they might do is change the password. With no email confirmation being sent, you wouldn't realize that there was a problem until you attempted to log in. I also wonder if there is a confirmation sent to the current email if that email is changed as well. Most sites worth their salt send emails if there are any substantive changes like these.
Agree 100% - every site should confirm that it has been changed.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Seamless transition on both iMac and iPad ... Thank you, HHons. I look forward to the extra points
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if we changed our password yesterday and see the banner today does that mean we need to change it again today to get the points? I changed it yesterday based on Erin's post.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Wouldn't it wonderful if under the My Account page there was an obvious link to change the password?

1000 points isn't nearly enough for this crap.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Took this British Senior Citizen about 30 seconds, following the link from my email account. And when I wandered away, I ended up with this little banner at the top of the page. One of the simplest things I've encountered for a long while.

Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I updated my password yesterday (no e-mail received) after reading this thread. So we will see if I ever get 1000 points.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:41 pm

Please, Erin, do I have to change my password AGAIN based on the e-mail I received telling me to, even though I did it yesterday?

Why is this so difficult?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Please, Erin, do I have to change my password AGAIN based on the e-mail I received telling me to, even though I did it yesterday?

Why is this so difficult?
Yes, I'd like to know too, incase, I receive thee-mail eventually.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Done! On all 7 of our family accounts...

7K free points is...good!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Free 1000 Hilton honors points for updating your password

Free 1000 points. Hope this helps someone.

www.HHonors.com/Login

HHonors Security Alert: Update your password now and earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points.

As of April 1, 2015, all members will be required to update their PIN, or current password, to a new and secure password. Update your password now by visiting the Personal Information section of your account profile.

Click here to learn more.
Offer applicable for accounts that have been opened prior to 3/12/2015. Offer valid only for existing HHonors members that create a new password of at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 upper case letter, and contain at least 1 number or 1 special character between 3/12 and 3/25. A member may only achieve one bonus for updating their password during the offer period. Hilton HHonors reserves the right to discontinue the offer at any time without notice to members. Please allow six to eight weeks for Points to appear in your Hilton HHonors™ account.
Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms & Conditions.

Last edited by lifeonitsown; Mar 13, 2015 at 4:35 pm Reason: added link
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:04 pm

The plot thickens...

even though I changed and saved my new password yesterday, and it WORKED yesterday, today it kicked me off saying it was invalid, and prompted me to pick a new password.

So I picked the SAME one, and now it seems to be working fine.

So since I had to change twice, does that mean I get 2,000 points?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Baze
So if we changed our password yesterday and see the banner today does that mean we need to change it again today to get the points? I changed it yesterday based on Erin's post.
That banner has a place to click to get details. Those details say you will get the 1000 points if you do it starting 3/12 which was yesterday. So it's just banner that came late, IMHO, not the promo itself. (And it's obviously a "dumb" banner, ie, it doesn't know whether you changed your password yet or not. Would you really expect that from the Hilton HHonors website? )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.