Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Pulled about as quickly as posted.
Just under 14 hours from original (now edited) announcement to it being paused. To some that is quick, others especially those in the FT universe, it is a lifetime
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
reCAPTCHA sucks

I don't really care about the bonus, but I thought from some prior posts that making me prove I'm "not a robot" would no longer be required after conversion to a userid/password. Sadly that does not appear to be the case. It's actually worse now; the relatively simple numerical address/room number to get around reCAPTCHA has been replced by garbled text

Who does your IT Hilton???
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I've still taken no action, awaiting clarity on both the IT and bonus pieces. What a mess.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
This is really not handled very well by Hilton, but it is interesting to see so many people desperate to go out of their way to stay on top of a situation which is considered to have a $3 value...
unless you need a few points to keep an account (Mrs. Portolan's) from having its points expire...
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Portolan
unless you need a few points to keep an account (Mrs. Portolan's) from having its points expire...
A good reason to get (and keep) the no-fee Hilton Amex.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:29 pm

I was awarded 500 bonus points for something from Hilton and told very definitely that it did not count as activity and would not extend the validity of my points, so I still had to spend $10 on 1k Annoyingly, you can't even tell when your Hilton points are due to expire, so unless you ask, you can never be 100% sure.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
This is really not handled very well by Hilton, but it is interesting to see so many people desperate to go out of their way to stay on top of a situation which is considered to have a $3 value...
The only relevance is with respect to how this reflects on Hilton IT's ability to implement functions that are of greater importance to us.

Well, that, and how poorly the status of the (hopefully) evolving situation has been communicated.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
LOL! Wait, wait! You never know when Hilton Corporate will "give up" and bring back the Point Stretchers! ^
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:45 pm

$10.00 would solve that little problem..
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
"Customer Profiles are Unavailable". Really? Between routine maintenance and other errors the HH website has been down more than any other hotel chains I stay at.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
What's the difference between Hilton's web site and Generalissimo Francisco Franco?

Last night, I jinxed myself. Up until then, the "not a robot" checkbox had either just populated, or given me door numbers. But I must have hit the "login" button too early, because it complained at me and now it's giving me words.

Or maybe it just doesn't remember who it's supposed to be nice to because the web site is b0rken.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:22 pm

Erin, can you please advise when/how we will be able to receive the 1,000-point bonus for changing our login? IT certainly must be able to provide an update by now, and there are many of us who have held off making this change pending the bonus. Look forward to hearing from you...thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Erin, can you please advise when/how we will be able to receive the 1,000-point bonus for changing our login? IT certainly must be able to provide an update by now, and there are many of us who have held off making this change pending the bonus. Look forward to hearing from you...thanks.
Imagine the bad PR if someone holding out to update to the (we must presume) more secure log-in system has his account hacked in the meantime.

Hilton... do you recognize how bad this would look?

Especially considering your continued silence on this matter.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Imagine the bad PR if someone holding out to update to the (we must presume) more secure log-in system has his account hacked in the meantime.

Hilton... do you recognize how bad this would look?

Especially considering your continued silence on this matter.
Nothing is saying you can't change your account NOW and again once the offer is in place. From my take, HH has made it known there is an issue and failure to take action is on us regardless HH IT activity.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Except that updating won't make you more secure in the meantime, as the PINs still work.

<facepalm emoticon>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.