Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Nope, not all gone. I logged in after finding a hotel (partway through the reservation process) and it wanted a capcha.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Howste
No Captcha at all logging in today. Is it gone?
1. Mekes sense that it would be gone, since the ability to log in with a PIN is now gone.

2. May not be gone totally. See the post 468 (from last night) on the last page of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...in-update.html
Old May 1, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Today I got a dozen images and had to choose the ones that were soup. If I didn't choose enough, I was told no, not enough soup. Seriously?!
Are you kidding me? Cannot be bothered with this crap. Bad has now gone to impossible. I book rooms on MVP site and no hassle there. But hilton.com is way over the line. It's easier to pass a sobriety test on the highway.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:29 am

For me it's weird. Sometimes I get the Captcha and sometimes not, even on the same IP. And of course this is all post May 01. Could be something to do with the fact that I use the same IP (and do not delete cookies) to log in to 2 accounts.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I went 10 days without having to enter a CAPTCHA. It was nice.

Today...

Click "Sign In" and go to the sign-in page.

My account number and password are already filled in.

I click "Sign In".

The page refreshes and says "Please use a CAPTCHA".

I'm then shown a photo of a burrito, and am asked to select similar latin themed rolled food packages below. I select the matching photo and click "Go."

It then says I didn't select the right pictures. The only other picture close to a burrito was a grinder/sub sandwich. Selecting that sub proved to HHonors IT that I wasn't a robot.

Fun.
Old May 18, 2015, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
I went 10 days without having to enter a CAPTCHA. It was nice.

Today...

Click "Sign In" and go to the sign-in page.

My account number and password are already filled in.

I click "Sign In".

The page refreshes and says "Please use a CAPTCHA".
I think someone else using another PC has signed in from the same IP and so you are asked to use Captcha again. I can go for days without it using the Captcha then it will suddenly ask for one even without the page loading a Captcha for me to view before I hit the sign in button. At least their IT department is getting that right.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: delta, marriott, hilton, starwood
I must admit that Hilton's website is the best tool to prevent anyone from booking to stay there - and I am a diamond! Just wasted 10 minutes clicking on some images and not getting anywhere with CAPTCHA. Found it incredibly poor experience. Going to look for a different hotel.

Saw someone point out to another using the PC. Not in my case - it is my home desktop...
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Really? I haven't had to use Captcha in weeks - just HH number and new password.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
After the new password requirement, the only captcha I saw for awhile was a box I had to click to say "I am not a robot". And even then it was periodic.

Then last night I got the "soup" one for the first time (from my at home PC, which only I use and other then the app is the only device I'd be logging in).
I got it wrong so got a different captcha that was "sandwiches".
Got that wrong so it was then a different selection of soup.

These "food" captcha's are crazy. First, the small pics are too hard to see.
Some of the "soups" looked more what I'd call a "stew". I thought "Shirley, they aren't going to be that picky". So I selected any pic of a bowl with any liquid in it. For "sandwiches" I think it's a wrap that burned me, but I don't remember if I selected or or not.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I usually get ice cream, sometimes hamburgers.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steve64
After the new password requirement, the only captcha I saw for awhile was a box I had to click to say "I am not a robot". And even then it was periodic.

Then last night I got the "soup" one for the first time (from my at home PC, which only I use and other then the app is the only device I'd be logging in).
I got it wrong so got a different captcha that was "sandwiches".
Got that wrong so it was then a different selection of soup.

These "food" captcha's are crazy. First, the small pics are too hard to see.
Some of the "soups" looked more what I'd call a "stew". I thought "Shirley, they aren't going to be that picky". So I selected any pic of a bowl with any liquid in it. For "sandwiches" I think it's a wrap that burned me, but I don't remember if I selected or or not.
Whenever I see a picture CAPTCHA where the answer isn't obvious to me, I just hit the Refresh button and within a Refresh or two they replace it with something a lot easier to see. It takes a lot less time to hit Refresh until you get one that's easy to answer, than to keep trying to answer but getting it wrong because you leave it one that's hard to answer.

(CAPTCHAs work the same at many different sites that have them. Lately I haven't run into them at Hilton, but I have at a few other unrelated sites.)
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Anyone get the steak captcha where two of the images that need to be selected are clearly ribs and not steak?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stopped receiving captchas but in the past I did get a "meat" product and had a difficult time finding the match.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gengar
Anyone get the steak captcha where two of the images that need to be selected are clearly ribs and not steak?
As a semi-vegetarian, I wouldn't know.

But in general: Any of those silly picture match things, I just hit Refresh until I get something I can do (like read the numbers). I don't even bother to evaluate whether I can do the picture match or not. Life's too short.

Having said that, it's been a while since I"ve seen a CAPTCHA at Hilton (I've only CAPTCHA at some other sites in the past month or two, not Hilton). But those CAPTCHAs are universal; ie, it doesn't matter if you get them at Hilton or anywhere else, they have the same list of stupid "puzzles" everywhere.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
some things dont change!!

I just started traveling again after being "grounded" for 4 months--Im florroed to see that the sign in for hilton is still so screwed up?? matching food or items??
Is this obnoxious captcha there to stay?? grrrr, I wouldnt mind but sometimes I have to clock the I am not a robot several times as it times out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.