Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:16 am

Unfortunately the site interprets password manager (i.e. 1Password) inputs as hacking attempts and makes you re-enter everything plus enter the captcha. Even if you enter the captcha first and then load your credentials, it makes you do it again. I had to turn off auto-login for my Hilton password.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:59 pm

Of late I have to complete several Captcha challenges (i.e. first street signs, next cars, next shopfront etc) before I am allowed to log in. Very irritating. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Of late I have to complete several Captcha challenges (i.e. first street signs, next cars, next shopfront etc) before I am allowed to log in. Very irritating. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes. Hilton is using the most dysfunctional reCAPTCHA available in the market. It's a shame and highly annoying. Almost like another deval because I don't even feel like logging in half of the time to avoid their stupid Captcha!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:20 pm

Oh yes! Eight minutes it took me this afternoon to login. I had to pick the road signs and cars more than ten times before getting into the account.

It's been like that for me since the website went down about ten days ago.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Me too. As I mentioned in the hacking thread I wonder whether it is in response to what appears to be an increase in the number of hacked accounts.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Me too. As I mentioned in the hacking thread I wonder whether it is in response to what appears to be an increase in the number of hacked accounts.
Me three. Hilton needs to fix this crap. It is super annoying and the auto-logout timeout is also way too short...
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It's especially annoying because the directions say something like select all the images with a street sign. Is a speed limit sign a street sign? (Apparently so.) Is a small fraction of a street sign a street sign? (Usually.) And the images themselves are hazy and low contrast.

I don't know if they are keeping the bad guys out, but they sure are interfering with those who have a valid reason to be there.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I am often on smaller holiday islands (eg Philippines) with patchy slow cellnet 3g speed like 50kb/sec lines as only available internet, and googles capture can't cope and drops out. I often can't signon to either of say HH or BA sites

Even if capture works, sometimes I get asked to completed 3-4 screens before getting the 'i am not a robot' tick.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Unfortunately the site interprets password manager (i.e. 1Password) inputs as hacking attempts and makes you re-enter everything plus enter the captcha. Even if you enter the captcha first and then load your credentials, it makes you do it again. I had to turn off auto-login for my Hilton password.
One does not have to be too cynical to suspect very strongly that the more rigorous use of ReCaptcha by Hilton is security theatre and diversion. While Hilton will not admit it, it is abundantly clear that they are in the midst of a serious and ongoing breech of Honors accounts. The theft of points is being carried out mainly through transfers to points.com and by the new points polling feature.

Hilton's tactic appears to be successful so far: a great many Honors members are complaining about ReChaptcha instead of pressuring Hilton to come clean about the extent of the breech and to finally put in place robust, convenient to use security around Honors accounts.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
It's especially annoying because the directions say something like select all the images with a street sign. Is a speed limit sign a street sign? (Apparently so.) Is a small fraction of a street sign a street sign? (Usually.) And the images themselves are hazy and low contrast.

I don't know if they are keeping the bad guys out, but they sure are interfering with those who have a valid reason to be there.
Yes! So frustrating.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
After doing four reCaptcha yesterday, I just did five more today from the same IP address and got this message:

"Ugh, we're having some problems"

Well no shirt sherlock....:
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:23 pm

I normally don't mind captcha's, however went through six different ones today and just gave up. Why Hilton?!?!!?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Yesterday I logged in from my normal computer on my normal network. Cookies shouldn't have been an issue.

It took me 17 clicks between starting the CAPTCHA and being logged in.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why can't they use cookies? Do it once, register your computer and never have to do it again from same computer/browser.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
CAPTCHA this morning (again, same computer, same network) asked me to identify images with a "cake stand".

There was 1 image of a cake on a cake stand. There was an image of a wedding cake on a table and a tray of cupcakes.

I clicked on the single image of the cake on a cake stand. CAPTCHA determined this was insufficient.

I had to refresh and got the "street signs" CAPTCHA and had to click through 6 different images.

Lame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.