Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I find that Award Wallet is no longer able to update my HH account without asking for the Captcha and however many attempts I go through it never verifies, it just keeps giving another bunch of images.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hilton webpage: Log in complaint

I am finding the Hilton webpage very laborious to log into. Wants me to acknowledge I am not a robot and even after wants me to go through further steps to prove it.
I know this is pretty minor but also irritating to go through this every time to access my account.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
I am finding the Hilton webpage very laborious to log into. Wants me to acknowledge I am not a robot and even after wants me to go through further steps to prove it.
I know this is pretty minor but also irritating to go through this every time to access my account.
Well, could be like the IHG site that only requires a 4 number pin. Yes a pain. But I would rather this than the other with all the data breaches. At least makes it harder for the hackers.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
34 clicks this morning to get through the CAPTCHA. Thirty. Four.

I had to complete 6 different CAPTCHA tests. Does the post upon which a street sign sits fall under the definition of a “street sign”? Is a cupcake a cake or not? If the CAPTCHA asks you to click on all images with a car, do you click on images that show multiple cars?

Hilton IT stinks.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
34 clicks this morning to get through the CAPTCHA. Thirty. Four.

I had to complete 6 different CAPTCHA tests. Does the post upon which a street sign sits fall under the definition of a “street sign”? Is a cupcake a cake or not? If the CAPTCHA asks you to click on all images with a car, do you click on images that show multiple cars?

Hilton IT stinks.
I think 28 clicks is my current record.

The latest one I've been getting is select the vehicles and there are none there to select it's all road signs
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
I know this is going to sound stupid, but why does Hilton have this feature? And who do we complain to about it?

None of the other hotel or airline websites have this annoying feature. Most of the others have questions to answer and then the cookies implanted remember that computer forever (or at least until they are deleted) so you don't have to answer them again.

Don't get me wrong. I like the website once you get past the log-in and I understand they seem to be very serious about hacking (and I even appreciate that). I just wish they would change the log-in to something better.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by GSBEWR
I know this is going to sound stupid, but why does Hilton have this feature? And who do we complain to about it?

None of the other hotel or airline websites have this annoying feature. Most of the others have questions to answer and then the cookies implanted remember that computer forever (or at least until they are deleted) so you don't have to answer them again.

Don't get me wrong. I like the website once you get past the log-in and I understand they seem to be very serious about hacking (and I even appreciate that). I just wish they would change the log-in to something better.
While I agree trying to figure out whether you should click the square with the car's one tire, or click the pole the street signs are on, are confusing (I think what happens if you do it wrong is WHEN you get the next screen), I'd rather do this than the Daliesque letters and number some websites have, that are so distorted they don't even look like numbers or letters, and oh, make sure you do them case-sensitive, too.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:51 pm

This is strange. For the last year or 2, I didn't have to do anything for CAPTCHA other than just checking the square. No test or anything. Maybe because I am always logged in to my google account on any browser?

Not just Hilton, but any sites that use CAPTCHA. I guess I am a trusted google user.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:31 pm

Audio Option

Originally Posted by GSBEWR

If the ReCaptcha pictures become too tedious, you can click on the speaker emblem under the pictures. You will then hear a series of letters and numbers to type in. Sometimes I find that less crazy making.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
If the ReCaptcha pictures become too tedious, you can click on the speaker emblem under the pictures. You will then hear a series of letters and numbers to type in. Sometimes I find that less crazy making.
Thanks for the tip! I will try that next time. Because I definately find the pictures frustrating.

Today I was asked to click on pictures of "a bus". Singular. But one of the tiles contained a picture of several buses. So do I click on it, or not?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
62 clicks to log in today.

Sixty. Two.

C'mon Hilton. How about 2FA?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

The only time I needed to wade through more than four screens (with multiple clicks on each screen, of course), it was nine screens and then I was returned to the home page. Later I read (on FlyerTalk, of course) that I was probably logged in, but there was no indication at the time. While I echo your call for two factor authentication, I more strongly call for competent programming (of which 2FA is a part).

Which is worse, Hilton's extensive Captcha interface, or IHG's minimal security interface (with four digit PIN)?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
While I agree trying to figure out whether you should click the square with the car's one tire, or click the pole the street signs are on, are confusing ...
i know it's an old post, but i was so pleased to see it

Constant Capture Failure (CCF) has been my guilty secret. It's probably a result of over-thinking things: like those bits of a fire hydrant, maybe in or maybe not in a square. It's shaming to keep failing.

Accessing the site via Chrome i get never a glimpse of Captcha. On Safari, though it's big-time CCF. And Safari is my browser of choice,

I'm a techno-zero: but does anyone smart have an explanation for rhis ?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
i know it's an old post, but i was so pleased to see it

Constant Capture Failure (CCF) has been my guilty secret. It's probably a result of over-thinking things: like those bits of a fire hydrant, maybe in or maybe not in a square. It's shaming to keep failing.

Accessing the site via Chrome i get never a glimpse of Captcha. On Safari, though it's big-time CCF. And Safari is my browser of choice,

I'm a techno-zero: but does anyone smart have an explanation for rhis ?
I don't know the details, but it does some stuff to determine if you might be a bot. If it decides you can't be, it doesn't bother with the captcha. It might have something to do with cookies.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sethb
I don't know the details, but it does some stuff to determine if you might be a bot. If it decides you can't be, it doesn't bother with the captcha. It might have something to do with cookies.
Thanks!

I sort of half knew it'd be cookies. But I once followed advice to clear cookies and lost all sorts of helpfully saved log in details and other stuff. So I try not to mess with cookies.

So Hilton.com thinks I'm a bot. Fair enough. I'll learn to live with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.