Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
I haven't seen the CAPTCHA in over a month. IIRC I read that they removed it from the login page
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
I get the captcha about 50% of the time.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:54 am

I don't claim to be an expert, so I will gladly accept the corrections of someone with more expertise.

That said, the current "I'm not a robot" version is known as reCAPTCHA. It is a website security service offered by the ubiquitous Google. They claim that it "actively considers a user’s entire engagement with the CAPTCHA—before, during, and after—to determine whether that user is a human".

source: http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot...o-captcha.html

I'm not exactly sure what that means (and I'm sure Google wouldn't answer if asked). I'd bet that if you are logged into a Google account, the chances of actually having to prove you're not a robot are lessened. Additionally, as the script is hosted by Google, once you "pass" the robot test on one site, you should be okay when visiting other sites that use the same type of security.

While I agree that these things are really annoying, any ire should be directed towards the creep hackers that create the bots.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I don't claim to be an expert, so I will gladly accept the corrections of someone with more expertise.

That said, the current "I'm not a robot" version is known as reCAPTCHA. It is a website security service offered by the ubiquitous Google. They claim that it "actively considers a user’s entire engagement with the CAPTCHA—before, during, and after—to determine whether that user is a human".

source: http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot...o-captcha.html

I'm not exactly sure what that means (and I'm sure Google wouldn't answer if asked). I'd bet that if you are logged into a Google account, the chances of actually having to prove you're not a robot are lessened. Additionally, as the script is hosted by Google, once you "pass" the robot test on one site, you should be okay when visiting other sites that use the same type of security.

While I agree that these things are really annoying, any ire should be directed towards the creep hackers that create the bots.
doesnt matter where I sign in from--I get the "I am not a robot" then pick the pictures that match, then it times out and I have to do this about 4 times to sign in. I dont have this issue with any of the other programs I use so it is becoming an annoyance...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
A lot of the time I don't get the reCaptcha and just sign in, BUT then it errors out and tells me off for not ticking the "I am not a robot" button which previously didn't exist!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Foltan
A lot of the time I don't get the reCaptcha and just sign in, BUT then it errors out and tells me off for not ticking the "I am not a robot" button which previously didn't exist!
Now that particular sequence annoys me because it doesn't give you the option to kick the not a robot
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:47 am

YES - THIS!!! I went back to this thread this morning just to write this exact post. Happens to me every single time!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I get the same thing. Then the button appears, I check it, and it says OK (no need to select anything). I think I've had to pick pictures once in the past month.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:46 am

Im not 100% how often...
But...you ONLY get the "choose correct picture",if you log in MOORE that around 5-7 times in 24-48 hrs.
In short...of you log in 2 times in 5 days...you will NEVER get the "choose picture" thingy.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by dznyboy
Im not 100% how often...
But...you ONLY get the "choose correct picture",if you log in MOORE that around 5-7 times in 24-48 hrs.
In short...of you log in 2 times in 5 days...you will NEVER get the "choose picture" thingy.
Not necessarily. If your IP changes (and is in another country), that will most likely make a difference as far as how the system sees you.

Originally Posted by sethb
I get the same thing. Then the button appears, I check it, and it says OK (no need to select anything). I think I've had to pick pictures once in the past month.
Same here and unnecessarily annoying. Even if I bypass the cache and reload the page it still does it. Just plain bad coding on someone's part. Are you guys using Firefox by any chance?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Same here and unnecessarily annoying. Even if I bypass the cache and reload the page it still does it. Just plain bad coding on someone's part. Are you guys using Firefox by any chance?
Yes, I'm using Firefox. And NoScript, with enough of a whitelist to allow sites to run.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:39 am

Same here. Maybe Hilton IT could add it to their extremely long list of things to fix.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: United Gold, US Air Silver, Hilton Diamond
Bypass the website

I can never get past the Captcha stuff and I'm using Chrome. I just bypass the frustration and book on Hilton app on my phone.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:45 am

Anyone ever got the text "This field is for robots only. Please leave blank." with an empty box/text field next to it? First time today. Funny though because the login page loaded up but it was mostly text and almost no graphics. Probably had something to do with it.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Hilton website login captcha

Every time I try to log into my Hilton account, I enter my username and password, click log in, and then Hilton loads and refreshes the page, and asks me to check that Captcha box saying I'm not a robot. It's becoming somewhat annoying as it's been like this for quite some time now. Does that only happen to me or do yall experience the same? Any way around it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.