Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Had no issues today in the UK.

Whilst it is a pain to enter a number, it seems to work okay.

I do however use Chrome.

So maybe try Chrome?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by paul4040
Now appears to be resolved.
That was quicker than I was told. I can confirm that I am able to log in again.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Had no issues today in the UK.

Whilst it is a pain to enter a number, it seems to work okay.

I do however use Chrome.

So maybe try Chrome?
No, you got in coz Hilton fixed the issue , nothing to do with UK or Chrome working better than other browsers.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by scubaccr
No, you got in coz Hilton fixed the issue , nothing to do with UK or Chrome working better than other browsers.
didn't have one at the times mentioned above either.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1k,Marriott LT PLT, Hilton Diamond /HYATT Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec
I was getting it as well started trying to click on different ways to access the login form. Didn't seem to matter. I took an update to Firefox and haven't noticed it since then. But it was a pain having to keep trying to log on. I was getting numbers then got the phrases and I am back to numbers. Not sure what is up with that either.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:22 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by paul4040
Given the time in the U.S. now, it's probably down for maintenance - but put a banner on the website for God's sake!
It was. I spent 20 minutes trying to access, trying two different browsers, before calling. I was told there was to be a banner up. It wasn't. And certainly all the posts on this thread back me up. It's fine to have a maintenance window, but for goodness sake, put up a notice.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It gave me the technical difficulties message but when I opened a new tab and went to the site again, I found out I was actually logged in.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Why is it that I only get the LSD-trip letters?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I get crappy letters again, after sites captcha fixed Sunday 3pm, not the readable numerics of last few months. At least not the totally unreadable pyschedelic letters but I still needed to cycle 3times to get one i could read

I will not use Hilton for a bit, no 1Q2015 bonus, no 100K points or fasttrak for renewal for 2016-2017, and now unreadable captcha text is straw that breaks this camel's back !
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Well today from work, it was different. Wasn't the psychedelic illegible letters any more. A lot shorter word and easier to read (like: nqtmt).

So at least the work login experience has improved.

From home last night, I was still getting the picture login (type the text you see in the picture).
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Was asked to select the pasta dishes this morning.

After the Valentine's Day theme Saturday, I was very disappointed that I wasn't asked to select the Presidents.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thankfully my LOVE words were a one-off, related to the weekend maintenance - back to the beloved house numbers.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
When the Captcha doesn't display, I send it to OneNote where the numbers or letters display and I input them in time. Pita though.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ruhr
Well today from work, it was different. Wasn't the psychedelic illegible letters any more. A lot shorter word and easier to read (like: nqtmt).

So at least the work login experience has improved.

From home last night, I was still getting the picture login (type the text you see in the picture).

That was what we got in past week before the site went down. However now we got the room number which was very "dimmed" and hard to read!

I have found that when I got the psychedelic letters if I till my head I could make sense of them about 85% of the time...

Never see the picture thing before until the example posted here - omg that is harder than the psychedelic letters to me.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
That was what we got in past week before the site went down. However now we got the room number which was very "dimmed" and hard to read!

I have found that when I got the psychedelic letters if I till my head I could make sense of them about 85% of the time...

Never see the picture thing before until the example posted here - omg that is harder than the psychedelic letters to me.
I'm laughing with you on needing to tilt your head to see the psychedelic letters. I've done that too and thought to myself..am I really doing this.

I've seen the cake pictures and love this week as well, as well as not be able to log on at all in China since captcha doesn't work. Interesting thing, Hilton didn't even le t their properties know since we informed the hotel about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.