Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ruhr
From home last night, I was still getting the picture login (type the text you see in the picture).
Well let me clarify. I thought I had gotten something different over the weekend, though for two nights now, loggin in from home I am getting the house number challenge. Which is always easy for me.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Captcha error on Hilton Site?

I can't sign on, it's saying that there's an error with my CAPTCHA but there are no captcha box to enter anything.

Tried this on 2 computers, same result and 3 different browsers
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
It's not just you - very sticky today.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
sounds good I'll try again tonight. Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Very sticky here in the UK tonight.

I had to enter my username and password twice just to get the captcha to come up.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I saw the thread title and thought that somebody finally got the Captcha to work on the first try.

Mike
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Originally Posted by CMK10
Kill all humans, probably.
On the plus side, that means greater award availability and--once SkyNet takes over the HHonors program--more rational decisionmaknig about program benefits.
LMAO!

I have another question though...
Originally Posted by falizzadro
What do you do if you're a robot?
...and that is...what if you're a Dalek...?

We need to know whether Hilton will make 4 different login options for Blue, Silver, Gold (above) and Diamond encrusted Daleks.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by bldr1k
I am astounded how these major companies have no commitment to IT security and have to implement these hacks. Every one of them should fire their CIO (or the CFO if he is the one preventing the CIO for spending what is required to secure their IT infrastructure).
They'd better watch out. A Dalek (known for their notoriously bad temper) could, after trying unsuccessfully multiple times to read the warped words, pictures of pizza and coma-inducing psychadelics, get really pi**ed off and....."Ex-ter-mi-nate all hu-mans in the Hil-ton I-T de-part-ment!!!"

Originally Posted by CMK10
Today was a new one for me. After clicking "I am not a robot" I had to "Select All Sushi Below". There was a group of nine pictures of food and I had to click on two pictures of sushi. Just when you think they can't anymore, there's a whole new level of
I've finally read through the whole thread and it's just a complete joke the way Hilton are treating their members. Next thing you know they'll have a 'Dalek-Accent Audio Challenge'...and change the "I'm not a robot" to "Yes, I am a pathetic little human that continues to put up with this childish torment courtesy of Hilton LLC..."

Originally Posted by Need
LOL I tried the audio... you should try it.. it is really funny.

Sometime it will give me a 10 or 12 digit numbers read by a female robot voice with horrible statics and overlapping the numbers.
LOL! Seems I'm on to something. Was it something like this?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
Passwords are actually obsolete and an ineffectual security solution.
Actually, no. It all depends on implementation. There are some sites that have a dynamic gauge that judges password strength from poor to excellent/weak to strong as you type. Once the gauge reaches the 'Medium' level (or whatever level required) it will accept the password. Anything less and it is rejected. All you have to do is force people to choose a password that is at least medium strength, alphanumeric and is a bare minimum of 6 or 8 characters long. That, with the following text or similar "Hilton is concerned about your safety online and the security of your account, [credit card] and personal details. For your utmost security, we require a password that is not easily guessed. Thank you for your understanding." is hardly going to make you say "OMG! They're requiring a 6-character password with at least one letter/number. I can't be bothered...I'm going elsewhere!"

Originally Posted by YariGuy
The CAPTCHA link does not load in China. I have a VPN so can get on, but this means anyone in China without a VPN cannot log in to hilton.
FEI, China used to block Google search only, then Gmail, then google APIs & Google Play and finally they started blocking all images hosted by them. There are a few workarounds and that is to use a paid VPN or free VPN software like FreeGate or the TOR Browser. The TOR Browser - a modified version of Firefox - uses the TOR network and is a great tool to get passed the Great Firewall of China. Initial connectivity is sometimes a problem (you have to try various servers to connect) but you can still get there in the end, surf unhindered, and log in to the site. It's also very easy to use so good for n00bs.

Also, an important point that's worth mentioning is Hilton will not flag your account when using the TOR network even though it is classed as a proxy service/VPN. I confirmed twice with the IT department yesterday. Obviously they realize that their customer base, travelling all over the world, will sometimes use a proxy service (by choice or sometimes not by choice) so those of us living in or travelling to China can relax a little. I was told "As long as you can load our pages, you may sign in and you will not be blocked or your account flagged."

Links;
TOR Browser: https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
TOR info (Wikipedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)
FreeGate: http://dit-inc.us/freegate.html
FreeGate info (Wikipedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freegate
Note: Both are freeware and cost nothing.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Mar 5, 2015 at 2:58 pm Reason: Added links
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
One of the recurring problems I have is how slow CAPTCHA loads, sometimes it never loads and I would have to go through the process again.

Hilton needs to speed up this process.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CIT85
One of the recurring problems I have is how slow CAPTCHA loads, sometimes it never loads and I would have to go through the process again.

Hilton needs to speed up this process.
You got that right. They punish us for the jerks who want to hack our accounts.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:54 pm

BTW, how is access from mobile devices recently? Still using Captcha or not?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Funny, go the cake one yesterday for the first time and now back to regular letters.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Recently, I find I have to reload the image to get it, let alone try to read it. I have also done the voice thing. Even that is spoken in a strange way by multiple voices, no less. Almost surreal.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Lately I've mostly been getting the check box with no challenge. I'm certainly not complaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.