Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I only get the captcha box if I mangle my userid or password on the first try.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Enterprise Gold
I have the same incredibly annoying problem. If you want me to do the captcha why don't you give me the captcha the first time?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I used to have the same problem. Deleted the HHonors cookie from my browser, closed my browser and it hasn't prompted me for that captcha crap since!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Every time I try to log into my Hilton account, I enter my username and password, click log in, and then Hilton loads and refreshes the page, and asks me to check that Captcha box saying I'm not a robot. It's becoming somewhat annoying as it's been like this for quite some time now. Does that only happen to me or do yall experience the same? Any way around it?
Same here, and for the last year or two.

Originally Posted by ceebee100
I used to have the same problem. Deleted the HHonors cookie from my browser, closed my browser and it hasn't prompted me for that captcha crap since!
Unfortunately that has never worked for me even after trying multiple times. You might have got lucky with an IP change and that might have been responsible for it.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:44 pm

It is annoying. After I booked a hotel, I have to re-login and use a captcha?

I think it is free labor.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I log in from the same laptop at the same location/IP address on the same network every day.

The past two days I've had to do a 2-step CAPTCHA. It's not that I completed the first CAPTCHA incorrectly, there's actually two CAPTCHAs to complete.

How can every other company I do business with, including those with much more important/valuable information, do this without the infuriating CAPTCHA?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/01/...2861485544129/
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Will this incredibly annoying Hilton IT feature ever go away? I was hoping that the website maintenance this week for the new "Honors" stuff would have also prompted the captcha issue to be addressed.

Or is there a trick to avoiding this damn Captcha thing in the future? I've tried some of the suggestions upthread, but none have worked for me...

Originally Posted by spchester
I have the same incredibly annoying problem. If you want me to do the captcha why don't you give me the captcha the first time?
At the very least, I would have expected them to fix this particular issue.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tennen
Or is there a trick to avoiding this damn Captcha thing in the future?
Based on a small sample size, it appears that clearing cookies might eliminate the captcha. If you try it, please post your results.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by serpens
Based on a small sample size, it appears that clearing cookies might eliminate the captcha. If you try it, please post your results.
Unfortunately, it's had no effect in the past. Tried it again, and the issue persists.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tennen
Unfortunately, it's had no effect in the past. Tried it again, and the issue persists.
Thanks for trying it.

I rarely am required to use the captcha, and I routinely clear cookies. I noticed that one time when I was required to use the captcha, I had not cleared cookies. Probably it was happenstance.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I log-in once or twice a day to check my account. Every day for about the past week I have had to use ReCaptcha to verify. Very annoying
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
I log-in once or twice a day to check my account. Every day for about the past week I have had to use ReCaptcha to verify. Very annoying
I've gotten the recaptcha, too, but there's nothing there! Just a box to check (and sometimes not even that) - to me that's not a biggie, I hated having to figure out which pictures were street signs or sandwiches or whatever. THAT was annoying, this takes an extra 2 seconds.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The thing I hate about clicking on boxes that show street signs, or whatever, is that I never know whether to click on boxes that have only a small portion of the box showing the edge of a sign. How I hope they have this programmed is that certain boxes must be checked, certain boxes must not be checked, and the remaining boxes can be either checked or not (i.e., those with only a small portion of the box containing the edge of the sign.) But I doubt they are that sophisticated.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, WN, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HY, Global Entry
Originally Posted by amanuensis
The thing I hate about clicking on boxes that show street signs, or whatever, is that I never know whether to click on boxes that have only a small portion of the box showing the edge of a sign. How I hope they have this programmed is that certain boxes must be checked, certain boxes must not be checked, and the remaining boxes can be either checked or not (i.e., those with only a small portion of the box containing the edge of the sign.) But I doubt they are that sophisticated.
I have wondered about this exact same thing. And why make these puzzles so ambiguous? Can they take pictures that are less blurry? Is this really a storefront? Is this a trick question? Sometimes it is stressful when I am in a hurry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.