Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:53 pm

Something must have changed between the current Double your HHonors and the Triple your Trip promotion. The op out list for Double your HHonors is so much shorter... Is it really because of the 3x possibility?

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Something must have changed between the current Double your HHonors and the Triple your Trip promotion. The op out list for Double your HHonors is so much shorter... Is it really because of the 3x possibility?

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
It may be the reason in Maine, just because of Aug/early Sept. Waiting on a response from the Hotel, as almost all of them in the state have opted out. I had to book backup reservations today.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:29 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Triple Your Trip Promotion Announcement

Hi all,

I know many of you have been discussing the offer details in this thread for weeks now, but I wanted to officially announce the Triple Your Trip promotion! Here is the key information you need to know:

Offer Details:
  • Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday
  • Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday
  • Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts
  • Register here (I know many of you have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)
  • A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here
  • An FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Member emails have not yet been distributed, as I wanted to confirm these details here as soon as possible. You will be receiving emails as we get closer to August 1. In the meantime, please let me know your questions and I’ll do my best to get you the right information as quickly as I can!

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Thanks!
Anthony
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
I beat the gun to register and didn't get an email. Now I retry and I'm told I am already registered. Didn't get an email the second time either. Oh, well.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm in the same boat as turtlemichael. Registered at the first link posted, then when tried subsequently got the "you are already registered" with no confirming e-mail.

Would a screen shot of the "you are already registered" page be sufficient if there is a problem with points not posting?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
There are a number of posts where the link takes you to the website.

People seem to forget this is a promotion and consider it to be a "right" or "entitlement" to get the conditions they want. It's an extra benefit.
They don't do promos because they are good guys. They do promos to drive business. My right and entitlement go as far as I can pick someone else to do business with.

I am going to pile on this argument. This is SAD, Hilton. I just went to the front desk of the hotel I am currently in and told the poor front desk clerk about this and that she needed to let the GM know that I would not be coming back to this property because of this. She was utterly stunned and absolutely had nothing to say.

You know, I have been hanging onto this program by the tinkering edge the last couple of years. It wouldn't take much to push me over that edge.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks!
Anthony
But again, Anthony, someone at your office has to have noticed that this isn't a one-off because of summer. I can say with virtual certainty that each quarter's promo opt out list is larger than the previous one, going back quite some time.

I know you're just doing you're job, and I can't say enough about how big an improvement you are over previous incarnations of the Hhonors representative, but I would have to say that between the trend I just mentioned, and the fact it is up to one third of all properties, this is more than just a case of "don't need that extra help to get rooms booked."
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
If it wasn't such a pain to get to the LHR Hilton T5 I'd be switching my upcoming stay at the LHR Hilton T4 there because of this.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
What a Joke!!

Soon the list of Hotels IN will be less then the Hotels OUT especially in the USA.

There should be no discussion. If a Hotel wants to be a Hilton then participate in the promotions!. Otherwise become a MOTEL 6!!!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by kapkap46
There should be no discussion. If a Hotel wants to be a Hilton then participate in the promotions!. Otherwise become a MOTEL 6!!!
+1000 Hotels should be required to participate or at most be given the option to opt out of one promo a year (i.e. host city of the superbowl during Q1, or NOLA hotels during Q1 for Mardis Gras, host city of the Olympics that quarter, Etc)

No other chain I know of allows hotels to opt out of promos like Hilton does. What concerns me, is iff Hilton allows this what's next, will they individual hotels to opt of giving gold's free wifi or diamond's a free breakfast because it's too expensive for the property?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
No other chain I know of allows hotels to opt out of promos like Hilton does. What concerns me, is iff Hilton allows this what's next, will they individual hotels to opt of giving gold's free wifi or diamond's a free breakfast because it's too expensive for the property?
You seem to confuse the difference between elite benefits and promotions.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I don't think ILovetheReds is that far off base. After all, they can make up the rules as they go.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
No other chain I know of allows hotels to opt out of promos like Hilton does.
As has been discussed in this thread and extensively in the Starwood | SPG forum, Starwood allows its properties to opt out of promos.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I'm still waiting to hear about the Doubletree that decided not to give me Diamond benefits a few weeks ago. So far, it appears that hotels can opt out of elite benefits.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
The list of opt-outs in the San Jose, San Francisco, and Sacramento metro areas is stunning. I spot checked 30+ hotels that are near my home, my office, and my frequent weekend destinations and all but two of them opted out. Some I can sorta understand as they routinely command high prices because of low vacancy, but others that opted out often tout rates as low as $60/night to attract business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.