Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Also, just a suggestion, instead of saying "the week of July 21" which caused many of us to (erroneously) think today was the day, how about "the list will be published on or before July 25", then if it comes out on the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, etc. everyone is happy. Underpromise and overdeliver.
Then people would complain they waited until the 25th because they erroneously thought that was the day and could have been planning their stays sooner.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Hopefully it isnt!!!
Agreed!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Seems a longer list than usual, especially for international properties (esp esp in London). Only missing out once at London Park Lane, which is a bummer since it's a considerable spend and I can't switch to another property for logistical reasons.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Miesque
If that is indeed the real list it is shocking (almost horrifying because of the trend it implies) because I see quite a few names that I stay at, which I have never seen previously opt out of promotions, on the list.
This list is absolutely insane and demonstrates a complete breakdown within these promotions. Hilton needs to figure out what is going on here and evalute how much they charge properties for these promotions and how they hold their properties accountable to participate. Hilton needs to consider openly advertise which properties are or are not participating rather than burying them in a hard to find list that many people who aren't reward program savvy won't even see. Someone else mentioned that they should be making this information VISIBLE on each property's home page like they do HHonors rewards categories, and I think this is a great idea. I will continue to select properties based on which one is or is not participating to the extent I can. When I can't find a property that I like participating in the promotion I simply take my business to the competition. Is it getting to the point where it is almost false advertising to call this a Hilton HHonors promotion when a THIRD of the properties are opting out???
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
What's the link to sign up?

This opt out list is unbelievable. Gets bigger every quarter, pretty soon it will be easier for Hilton have a list of participating properties instead.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds

This opt out list is unbelievable. Gets bigger every quarter, pretty soon it will be easier for Hilton have a list of participating properties instead.
There are a number of posts where the link takes you to the website.

People seem to forget this is a promotion and consider it to be a "right" or "entitlement" to get the conditions they want. It's an extra benefit.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:24 am

Wow. I ended up playing a little game with myself, trying to think of a hotel that wasn't on the list. It didn't go well. Yuba City? Ukiah? Suisun City? Windsor? American Canyon? So much for my upcoming job in the North area of San Francisco.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by tkelvin69

People seem to forget this is a promotion and consider it to be a "right" or "entitlement" to get the conditions they want. It's an extra benefit.
Which Hilton will wave in front of people to get them to stay in their hotels. Have you not seen the ads? They most certainly are putting the word out there about it. Which is fine, but if they are doing that, then have all the properties participate. Or say "at 2/3ds of our properties."

If there were no promo, I'd agree with you, but if there is a promo, they should all be in.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds

This promo violates the cardinal rule to underpromise and overdeliver. With such a farcical level of participation, there might as well not be a promo (or at least not an advertised one). Why would HHonors go out of their way to advertise this when it was bound to become a huge source of aggravation for those of us looking to direct some spend to participating properties, only to discover that entire regions are excluded? It's totally counterproductive to loyalty when the status quo of no promo would have felt more benign.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by Michael19887
This list is absolutely insane and demonstrates a complete breakdown within these promotions. Hilton needs to figure out what is going on here and evalute how much they charge properties for these promotions and how they hold their properties accountable to participate. Hilton needs to consider openly advertise which properties are or are not participating rather than burying them in a hard to find list that many people who aren't reward program savvy won't even see. Someone else mentioned that they should be making this information VISIBLE on each property's home page like they do HHonors rewards categories, and I think this is a great idea. I will continue to select properties based on which one is or is not participating to the extent I can. When I can't find a property that I like participating in the promotion I simply take my business to the competition. Is it getting to the point where it is almost false advertising to call this a Hilton HHonors promotion when a THIRD of the properties are opting out???
Just looked at the list. Wow this is THE PITS. I agree that its not a promo when a large chunk of the hotels opt out. This time, hotels that have never opted out (that's why I stayed there) have now also opted out. Hilton needs to either act like he other majors and not allow opt outs or stop the game.

Anthony please take note that normally I roll with the tide but after the 4X's issue with the last promo and this opt out list time for this one this 10+ year Diamond needs to book elsewhere.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Another reason to NOT go out of my way to stay at a Hilton..
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:16 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs up Good Find!

Thanks for posting this (-:
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
They have certainly expanded the list for Europe. It is the first time that I am affected ( twice : Amsterdam and Bucharest ) and I am not happy. I have booked prepaid non-cancellable stayes so there is no point in complaining to the hotels.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Bluefan75
Which Hilton will wave in front of people to get them to stay in their hotels. Have you not seen the ads? They most certainly are putting the word out there about it. Which is fine, but if they are doing that, then have all the properties participate. Or say "at 2/3ds of our properties."

If there were no promo, I'd agree with you, but if there is a promo, they should all be in.
I definitely agree. Hilton uses the website, e-mail blasts to members, advertising all over the internet, etc. to push these promotions to drive business. It's misleading to say "Triple your trip with Hilton Hhonors!" when 33% of hotels do not participate and the advertising does not make this clear. I think a simple message on a property's homepage stating "Please note, this hotel chose not to participate in the triple your trip promotion" would make these hotels change their tune.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Of my 11 upcoming reservations during the promotion period, only one is at a non-participating property! Whew....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.