Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:01 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by sethb
Link is now 404. I guess they weren't ready for signups yet.
Same with me...

For those who signed up early, you may want to check again when it goes live.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:57 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
Link is now 404. I guess they weren't ready for signups yet.
You might want to check out post #20.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by underpressure
Same with me...

For those who signed up early, you may want to check again when it goes live.
Yup they took all the links down. I did get confirmation email said I signed up.

There is still google cache of the non-participating hotel list here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Need
Yup they took all the links down. I did get confirmation email said I signed up.

If that cache ends up being the list for this promotion, and was not simply a placeholder for designing the pages for the promotion, I will be OK for my upcoming reservations.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle

Great catch! I didn't realize the list ever made it up. Fortunately, I am in good shape. The U.S. list appears to consist mainly of HGI, HI, ES, and HS properties. All U.S. WAs and Conrads are in, and it doesn't seem that many Hiltons and DTs opted out either. I noticed even a couple of properties that have opted out every quarter for years are in...Hilton San Diego Bayfront and Hilton Austin.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andretti43
Fabulous! Thanks for posting! Signed up! ^
Me, too, right after this post, late afternoon yesterday.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The official opt-out list appears to have been reposted.
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...tels-list.html
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:15 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by amanuensis
The official opt-out list appears to have been reposted.
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...tels-list.html
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Any idea when the non-participating list will come out? Can't do anything until that happens. Hours? Days?

Hi all,

Some important clarification:
  • The landing page for this promotion is not yet final, so it was taken down temporarily after it was discovered yesterday to avoid confusion. I will be announcing the promotion details with the official URL as soon as the landing page is finalized and published during the week of July 21.
  • The list of participating hotels is also not yet final. The final list will be published with the full landing page during the week of July 21.
  • As you might imagine, member emails announcing the offer have not yet been distributed. Emails will begin to be distributed the week of July 21.

Thanks! More to come soon!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Cool, July 21 is my birthday!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Some important clarification:
  • The landing page for this promotion is not yet final, so it was taken down temporarily after it was discovered yesterday to avoid confusion. I will be announcing the promotion details with the official URL as soon as the landing page is finalized and published during the week of July 21.
  • The list of participating hotels is also not yet final. The final list will be published with the full landing page during the week of July 21.
  • As you might imagine, member emails announcing the offer have not yet been distributed. Emails will begin to be distributed the week of July 21.

Thanks! More to come soon!
With all due respect Anthony, you may want to do a bit less checking with your team and a bit more blasting of your team for providing you with inaccurate information that will reduce your credibility; see Post #37 above. It's not just this issue, but also the info about phone calls to properties being preferable to email, and lingering confusion over credit for TA-booked stays. This forum is frequented by many who are very knowledgeable about the HH program and its intricacies; you'd likely be well-served by using your BS meter and pushing back on your internal sources when you're provided with information that may be suspect.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
5 of 7 hotels I have booked in August and September are on the (tentative) non-participant list. I can't remember a promotion that was that useless to me. It would have been better if Hilton had no promo at all. Now they have made a customer mad.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by smmrfld
With all due respect Anthony, you may want to do a bit less checking with your team and a bit more blasting of your team for providing you with inaccurate information that will reduce your credibility; see Post #37 above. It's not just this issue, but also the info about phone calls to properties being preferable to email, and lingering confusion over credit for TA-booked stays. This forum is frequented by many who are very knowledgeable about the HH program and its intricacies; you'd likely be well-served by using your BS meter and pushing back on your internal sources when you're provided with information that may be suspect.
Maybe we should hold off criticism towards HHonorsRepresentative on this promotion until it is actually announced. It seems unfair to expect them to be aware of the comings and goings of what is apparently a test webpage that is not even tied to Hilton's website for an unannounced promotion.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Stripe
5 of 7 hotels I have booked in August and September are on the (tentative) non-participant list. I can't remember a promotion that was that useless to me. It would have been better if Hilton had no promo at all. Now they have made a customer mad.
Cancel these stays and move somewhere else, but be sure to inform the GM of the hotel that they are losing business due to their decision not to participate in the program promotions.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:34 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Stripe
Originally Posted by Michael19887
Cancel these stays and move somewhere else, but be sure to inform the GM of the hotel that they are losing business due to their decision not to participate in the program promotions.
Hi all,

Just to clarify, this is not the hotel list for the upcoming promotion. We are pulling this down to avoid any more confusion.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Just to clarify, this is not the hotel list for the upcoming promotion. We are pulling this down to avoid any more confusion.
Good to hear. I hope that many on this list are removed. Please give feedback to properties that we ARE watching this list very carefully and it is very much directing our spend. Our reservations will be made accordingly starting on the 21st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.