Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by controller1
The T&C accessed through the Loyalty Lobby link goes to a prior promotion. Notice that all the dates are 2013.....
Hilton hasn't updated the frequently asked questions from last year and the excluded properties are missing right now as well. You can, however, already register for the promo.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by HansGruber
I imagine this went to the bloggers first. I haven't seen anything and it looks like the HHonors site doesn't even have it up yet. I tend to get most of the emails so I assume we'll see something in the next week or so.
It is up on Hilton site. I just signed up.

www.hiltonhhonors.com/hh3_2014

EDIT: They took the link down.

Last edited by Need; Jul 10, 2014 at 8:02 am
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by holtju2
Hilton hasn't updated the frequently asked questions from last year and the excluded properties are missing right now as well. You can, however, already register for the promo.
I agree. My statement was addressing the concern of the July 9 vs. August 1 starting date of the promotion period.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
great !! just signed up for a 3 week stay in oct. ^^
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:14 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Thanks for your excitement around this promotion! I wanted to make sure I could add some clarity here so appreciate your patience. For each of our quarterly promotions, we test the offer landing page to proof for technical glitches before we actually announce the offer. That is why some of the offer details (ex. non-participating hotels) are not yet listed on the landing page. Please note that member emails announcing the promotion have not yet been distributed and the offer is scheduled to officially launch on August 1. I will absolutely be sharing more details at that time so stay tuned!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nice! That'll work out well, unless bitten by the non-participating list!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*

Really appreciate the advanced notice, now I can plan accordingly for once!
However, note that with this promotion, you don't get triple for the whole stay if you bridge a weekend. You only get triple for the weekend nights.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Any idea when the non-participating list will come out? Can't do anything until that happens. Hours? Days?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold,Hertz President's Circle, AMEX Delta Reserve, GE/NEXUS
Fabulous! Thanks for posting! Signed up! ^
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:24 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Need

Tried to register, but it says the page is unavailable. Possibly taken the link down?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Any idea when the non-participating list will come out? Can't do anything until that happens. Hours? Days?
Regardless of timing, let's hope that it's not as bad as the last promo. Unfortunately, I have the distinct feeling that the number of properties opting out will continue to increase. It's really a pain to hunt through the list! Shame on Hilton for allowing so many franchisees to opt out of what should be a systemwide promotion.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by cjd
Tried to register, but it says the page is unavailable. Possibly taken the link down?
Same here.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Same here.
ive been trying intermittently for the last few hours (bored at work!) and the link is messed up.....
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Need

Link is now 404. I guess they weren't ready for signups yet.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
I tried too... link down

I can read the FAQ. LOL, but not sign up.

When I called the HHonor's # to sign up, they couldn't sign me up either, they see the promo, but the CR told me to call back on August 1st, since that is when it starts. When I disagreed that you should be able to sign up early, she just said all she sees is that it starts on Aug 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.