Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:41 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Just to clarify, this is not the hotel list for the upcoming promotion. We are pulling this down to avoid any more confusion.
I thought something was strange when NONE of the Memphis hotels (they always opt out) were listed. @:-)
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
We haven't seen the opt out list yet, have we?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Maybe we should hold off criticism towards HHonorsRepresentative on this promotion until it is actually announced. It seems unfair to expect them to be aware of the comings and goings of what is apparently a test webpage that is not even tied to Hilton's website for an unannounced promotion.
Agree. ^
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
We haven't seen the opt out list yet, have we?
That's correct. There was a list of hotels posted that wasn't the opt out list.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*

I would suspect those that were on the list stay on the list and some new ones will be added as the opt-out notifications come in. I hope I am wrong but not optimistic.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I was going to post the same thing - hotels are likely to opt out at the last minute, NOT change their minds and participate.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I was going to post the same thing - hotels are likely to opt out at the last minute, NOT change their minds and participate.
A few people writing to the hotel management suggesting that they'd stay there if the promo applied might serve as an inducement. I can't say whether it would suffice.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Michael19887
Cancel these stays and move somewhere else, but be sure to inform the GM of the hotel that they are losing business due to their decision not to participate in the program promotions.
Just did on one of them. Switched from the ES in Anchorage to the HGI. And saved a few bucks.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
A few people writing to the hotel management suggesting that they'd stay there if the promo applied might serve as an inducement. I can't say whether it would suffice.
I've done that before, but they didn't change it for that Q, then next Q promotion they were back in though
Old Jul 12, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
How can you do anything until you see the final list?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
HHonors really needs to work on the non participating lists. Every promo the opt outs are growing. Does a hotel need to give any reason for opting out?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn
HHonors really needs to work on the non participating lists. Every promo the opt outs are growing. Does a hotel need to give any reason for opting out?
I'm not sure what happens on the Hilton to local property side, but on the local side they base it off reservations. The hotel I mentioned earlier was booked almost 100% months in advance for the 6 months previously I had stayed there. It was because of a corp head quarters there and only 3 total Hilton properties in the area. 2 of the Hiltons were booked solid, the other was a lesser quality option. I spoke to the GM and was told basically they were booked solid for the quarter and they didn't see why they needed to participate in the promotion. They had previously been in the last 2Qs promotions. I told him I would be switching my reservations and others would be also. I guess enough people left as they were back participating the next quarter.

Hilton needs to fine their properties, if they aren't already, that opt out. Its never good to advertise things and then have people show up expecting something but be denied because of the crazy fine print.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I don't really know how this works, so if a property participates in an extra points promotion, the extra points are somehow monetarily extracted from the individual properties?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I don't really know how this works, so if a property participates in an extra points promotion, the extra points are somehow monetarily extracted from the individual properties?
Other threads indicate that both Hilton and Starwood charge their hotels for participating in each promotion. Therefore, if a hotel's advanced bookings (prior to the announcement of the promotion) indicate the property will have a high occupancy rate during the promotion period, a property may decide that the cost of the promotion is not worth the potential incremental revenue to be gained through participation. It's a cost/benefit issue.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I understand it, hotels buy points from Corporate. That includes regular points, promotion points, compensation points, etc. They also get paid when people redeem points for room, upgrades, etc. I don't know what the rates for either are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.