Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:21 pm

Most of us are waiting for the hotel participation list so that we can decide which hotels to stay at. Hilton should get that out the door first, then worry about the registration page.

The opt out list IMHO is the more important thing until the promo actually starts.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I just signed up. I have a stay starting on 7/28/14 checking out 8/4/14. Will this get stay get full credit, or partial credit for this promo?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Howste
I just signed up. I have a stay starting on 7/28/14 checking out 8/4/14. Will this get stay get full credit, or partial credit for this promo?
Or following what Yellowjj states, it may receive no credit since at this time we do not have a list of non-participating properties.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Why doesn't Hilton give the hotels a deadline as to when they have to opt in or out? If they don't respond by that time, they are IN, whether they like it or not. They won't drag their feet for the next promotion.

Also, just a suggestion, instead of saying "the week of July 21" which caused many of us to (erroneously) think today was the day, how about "the list will be published on or before July 25", then if it comes out on the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, etc. everyone is happy. Underpromise and overdeliver.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Howste
Previous promos have credited period nights only; however, you should get double points at least for the earlier nights, if the place is participating in the current promotion.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
1,362 non-participating properties that is roughly third of all Hilton affiliated hotels.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
1,362 non-participating properties that is roughly third of all Hilton affiliated hotels.
Wait...Nevermind. The link is not active yet. However the pdf is on loyalty lobby.

If John's correct, that's a complete shame. They might as well scrap this promo or look at why such a significant amount of properties aren't participating.

Last edited by Yellowjj; Jul 21, 2014 at 11:18 pm Reason: Realized what he meant.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Wait...Nevermind. The link is not active yet. However the pdf is on loyalty lobby.

If John's correct, that's a complete shame. They might as well scrap this promo or look at why such a significant amount of properties aren't participating.
The list is on HH's site already, but depending where you access the site, you may get the "coming soon" page.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:39 pm

Take this:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dodofloh
LoyaltyLobby has a version in PDF on a latest post:

http://loyaltylobby.com/wp-content/u...rties-2014.pdf

Hopefully this is accurate!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Why doesn't Hilton give the hotels a deadline as to when they have to opt in or out? If they don't respond by that time, they are IN, whether they like it or not. They won't drag their feet for the next promotion.

Also, just a suggestion, instead of saying "the week of July 21" which caused many of us to (erroneously) think today was the day, how about "the list will be published on or before July 25", then if it comes out on the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, etc. everyone is happy. Underpromise and overdeliver.
You're complaining about lack of details on a promo they haven't rolled out yet. Reflect on that for a minute.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by markcwj

If that is indeed the real list it is shocking (almost horrifying because of the trend it implies) because I see quite a few names that I stay at, which I have never seen previously opt out of promotions, on the list.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
You know, Anthony, I've read your posts about why properties can opt out of promos. And I also know you're just the messenger, so this isn't at you, but at the properties and the setup that allows them to do this:

It's all a bunch of crap. Everyone on here knows that whenever it suits their interest, they will wave the fact they are part of HHonors in everyone's face. Well, either they are part of Hhonors or they aren't. If that LoyaltyLobby pdf is anywhere accurate, I would think that some people at Hhonors would be very embarrased about the fact nearly a third of the properties opted out this quarter. Given the fact it seems the number increases each quarter, the old joke "why not post those who *are* participating" won't be so much of a joke any more. It's as if they talk to each other and say "hey look what we can do (giggle, giggle)." The properties are turning this into a joke.

I'm sorry, they have to make a decision: in or out. They would not hesitate to tell us we have to take the good with the bad(ie., high rate to get a good location/room), but they'll bail on a promo the moment they don't like it.

This needs to stop. I want to say before it gets out of control, but it may already be.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Miesque
If that is indeed the real list it is shocking (almost horrifying because of the trend it implies) because I see quite a few names that I stay at, which I have never seen previously opt out of promotions, on the list.
Wow, this is a sad and lengthy list of opt outs.

David
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by markcwj

Hopefully it isnt!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.