Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
This is making my decision on booking the Casa Marina for 5 nights over Labor Day weekend tough. Originally 240K points or $1,430 for a standard room which was a decent return of $.006 per point. However with the promo I would earn 60K points including Amex Surpass so it is really costing me 300K points.

They have a 10% promo on some rooms so for a total of $1,650 I can get an oceanfront room with a balcony and earn 70K points.

I think I will just pay for the room and find a better value for the 300K points I will save.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Very disappointed. Both the Hilton family hotels in the Illinois city, in which I visit a client almost every week, are not participating.

Time to consider other chains for this quarter.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Out of about 25 hotels that I have stayed at over the past few years or are considering for this quarter, I see 2 that have not opted out.

I am not one to threaten to change to another chain as I understand that all have their good and bad, but this is really making me think.

If you don't want to run any promo, that is fine, people will decide if it matters enough to them. But to run one and have so many opt out, that is where the problem comes in.

I have been a diamond for many years and don't look at other chains, I always stay at a Hilton family property.

When I am having issues getting basic upgrades at hotels I stay at several times a year, when they are still selling the upgraded rooms at the time I check in, having to push and fight for a check out any later than 1pm (typically looking for 2pm), and treated like they really don't care that I am staying at their hotel (not all locations, but more over this past year), it makes me wonder if the time has come to look around.

Perhaps this is the straw that broke the camels back?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Lucked out - Hilton Newark Penn Station is in, my preferred property in the NY/NJ metro (great management, mostly). Thanks all!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by underpressure
Another "go to spot" for me is Huntsville, AL and virtually every property there has opted out. I can assure you, I can and will drive fifteen miles from Decatur for 2X points. And then I may well keep doing that after this promotion is over.
A lot of HSV properties indeed have opted out, but the Embassy Suites and DT Suites have not.

Alas, the Hampton Inn in Kingsport has opted out (first time I can ever recall them doing that), so I may be at the DT in Johnson City or even an IHG property perhaps for my next visits.

David
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
Wow, all of the properties that I normally stay at have opted out. Looks like I'll re-qualify for Marriott Plat earlier this year. See yall in November...

Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Another "JOKE'S ON YOU' promotion from HHonors. How is this a promotion when nobody plays?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
All of the hotels in Portland and Seattle I've booked or considered booking for August have opted out. There are 5 Hilton family hotels in downtown Seattle - all have opted out. It's not even like I can simply go to another hotel - I would have to stay miles out of my way in order to find a hotel that is participating. It's very disappointing.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Miesque
I noticed the Hilton Short Pump was not participating and I think that is the first time I have seen them on the non-participation list. Its a shame because I really like that hotel.
I spoke with the front desk supervisor and asked him for the contact information as to who made the opt-out decision so I could provide feedback. He was familiar with the current promotion and had no idea they were not participaing when the next one began and asked me to show him the opt out list. He had no idea hotels even had the ability to opt out and didn't know why they would have. He mentioned that it was likely the decision of the franchise owner. I provided him the feedback that I'll look into taking my business elsewhere over the next three months as a result. He's going to provide the feedback and get in touch with me when he has the right contact person from their owners to reach out to. I sure will miss that room service from Shula's for a few months, but there are plenty of other dining options in the area.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael19887
I spoke with the front desk supervisor and asked him for the contact information as to who made the opt-out decision so I could provide feedback. He was familiar with the current promotion and had no idea they were not participaing when the next one began and asked me to show him the opt out list. He had no idea hotels even had the ability to opt out and didn't know why they would have. He mentioned that it was likely the decision of the franchise owner. I provided him the feedback that I'll look into taking my business elsewhere over the next three months as a result. He's going to provide the feedback and get in touch with me when he has the right contact person from their owners to reach out to. I sure will miss that room service from Shula's for a few months, but there are plenty of other dining options in the area.
Please let us know what response you get. Its a hotel that I consistently have a very good experience at and I also quite enjoy the Shula's room service.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
What I really wonder is how many casual guests stay and expect to receive the bonus points and then wonder why their points didn't post, ask why, and find out they stayed at a non-participating hotel? I don't think most people are savvy enough to check the non-participating list first.

This is damaging to the Hilton brand reputation when trying to build a loyal following. The promotions are there to help develop that brand loyalty yet it is going to have the opposite affect turning off people who felt mislead. This is not just an individual property issue as Hilton is laying it out to be. They need to roll this promotion cost up in whatever franchise fees they get from properties.

Isn't the point of having a brand to establish a _consistent_ experience for the customer across properties?

I don't see this same problem at Hyatt and Marriott...
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:21 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Pretty much everything possible for me is opted-out:

VA Chester Homewood Suites by Hilton Chester
VA Colonial Heights Hampton Inn Petersburg / Southpark Mall
VA Colonial Heights Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South / Southpark
VA Hopewell Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell
VA Midlothian Hampton Inn Richmond / Southwest / Hull Street
VA Richmond Doubletree by Hilton Richmond - Midlothian
VA Richmond Hampton Inn Richmond / Midlothian Turnpike
VA Richmond Hampton Inn Richmond / South
VA Sandston Hampton Inn Richmond Airport / Sandston
VA Sandston Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
VA Sandston Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond Airport

Only thing left is a Doubletree by the airport (which would mean 30min commute each way to where I'm working). But, this Doubletree is horrid. Bathrooms woefully in need of rehab.

Seals it for me.

Hello Hyatt Place!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Thanks! Can't wait to hear. I think it could be the decision of a few (multi hotels franchise owners, managing groups) made the decision for a whole bunch of hotels.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by nycboyz
Wow, all of the properties that I normally stay at have opted out. Looks like I'll re-qualify for Marriott Plat earlier this year. See yall in November...

As a longtime HH Diamond I'm also moving a bunch of nights to Marriott and will qualify for Marriott Gold for the first time this year. No program is perfect but I'm getting better customer service help from Marriott than I've been getting from Hilton and Marriott's current double points promo doesn't have a long list of properties opting out.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Miesque
I think management companies are applying their decisions across the board for all of their Hilton properties, not picking and choosing based on some of the locations listed and not listed in close proximity.
Yes, it struck me that way, too. In the PHX area there are a slew of HIs & HGIs opting out but none of the Hiltons, DTs, or ESs. It looks like a company that operates these limited service properties around Phoenix decided to opt out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.