Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by 33teeth
Wow. There's not much to say that hasn't been said already. All of my usual hotels opted out where none of them typically does. I guess Q3 is a good time to make sure I maintain status with SPG and Hyatt.
Good thinking! Maybe I'll shift my non-bonus stay since it's a sizable spend...
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New to HHonors and want to make sure I understand the math...

With this promotion, if I am Gold (25% bonus) and have chosen Points & Points for earning:

Week day will net me 10 + 2.5 + 10 + 5 = 27.5 points per $
Weekend will net me 37.5 points per $

when staying at a participating hotel

Is that right?

Thanks.

Last edited by username; Aug 10, 2014 at 8:50 pm
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by username
New to HHonors and want to make sure I understand the math...

With this promotion, if I am Gold (25% bonus) and have chosen Points & Points for earning:

Week day will net me 10 + 2.5 + 10 + 5 = 27.5 points per $
Weekend will net me 37.5 points per $

when staing at a participating hotel

Is that right?

Thanks.
Yes, unless you pay with a Hilton credit card for another 10 or 12 points per $.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: Meh
10 night holiday with family in Sorrento - of course they are not partaking. All the more reason to tell Hilton shove it. I am diamond requalified already and will explore other options.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Well, I just cancelled a booking and moved it to a different property. I'll make sure to let the manager know.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:41 am

Add me to the list....

Barring a shocking turn around between now and year end, this list of opt-outs is the final (of many) straws for me. Constant devaluation of points and reductions in how they can be earned has left Hilton's loyalty program not competitive in the market.

I will be heading to Hyatt, with my 50 stays (100 nights) per year, effective 1/1/15. They have agreed to honor my Diamond level immediately.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by stevie
10 night holiday with family in Sorrento - of course they are not partaking. All the more reason to tell Hilton shove it. I am diamond requalified already and will explore other options.
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Well, I just cancelled a booking and moved it to a different property. I'll make sure to let the manager know.
^
I hope Anthony is noting this and passing the word...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:20 am

So realistically, what can Hilton do about this now? They priced the cost of this promotion too high for the individual properties to absorb. So over 1/3 of them opted out.

Options:

1. Scramble to reduce the cost to the properties to get more to sign-up by Thursday.

2. Try to make it right at the customer level. Probably too time consuming and the properties who agreed to pay the cost of the promo might not be happy.

3. Announce another promo, an impressive one, to help heal the wounds.

I don't expect them to do a d*mn thing, but they do have some options.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ivanl33
Barring a shocking turn around between now and year end, this list of opt-outs is the final (of many) straws for me. Constant devaluation of points and reductions in how they can be earned has left Hilton's loyalty program not competitive in the market.

I will be heading to Hyatt, with my 50 stays (100 nights) per year, effective 1/1/15. They have agreed to honor my Diamond level immediately.
My personal opinion is they don't really care. I spoke to the rooms manager 2 weeks ago at the big Hilton in Warsaw about how few people were in the lounge even though the hotel was at 100%. He said Siemens had booked 95% of the hotel and there were only 7 Diamonds in house. The Hampton in Iowa City might care about us but I doubt the big properties care; I get the feeling they think we already pampered with lounge access. We probably saved $100 a day (when you count liquor) plus he gave us 2212, an end of the hall suite. I was a Hyatt Diamond from '87-'97 and really liked it; always got great rooms on award stays (in Honolulu we got a room that had a Christmas tree in it). I see 2 of my 3rd qtr hotels opted out but I'm not going to change anything.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
^
I hope Anthony is noting this and passing the word...
A place I've stayed at ~30 nights already this year has opted out. Already have a 6 night stay (the one I just cancelled and moved to another property) no longer booked with them. I've got probably another 18 or 24 nights that I'll be staying in that area during this promo and since there is only one Hilton property within a reasonable distance that didn't opt out it'll be getting all my business.

So a net of -24 or -30 nights lost for one property has become a net of +24 or +30 at one down the road.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Zeeb
A place I've stayed at ~30 nights already this year has opted out. Already have a 6 night stay (the one I just cancelled and moved to another property) no longer booked with them. I've got probably another 18 or 24 nights that I'll be staying in that area during this promo and since there is only one Hilton property within a reasonable distance that didn't opt out it'll be getting all my business.

So a net of -24 or -30 nights lost for one property has become a net of +24 or +30 at one down the road.
And that is exactly the point of a promotion - to get new stays for the hotels that participate. Participating hotels are looking for more business, the non-participating hotels obviously do not feel that the cost of participating is worth the return they will see. Do whatever is best for you and the hotels will do the same - that is what creates the market.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Later this week, I'll be leaving for a three week trip to Europe and just canceled all of my Hilton stays except for one. And the only reason I didn't cancel that one is because it was prepaid. None of the properties in any of the cities that I plan to visit chose to participate in this promo. Even at this late date, there were plenty of fine non-Hilton properties from which to choose, all with equivalent (or in some cases better) rates.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:05 pm

Send them a letter also

Hilton Honors,

I am writing you a letter to say how pitiful this Triple Your Trip 8/1 10/31 promotion is. As you can see by my profile
I travel quite a lot and have been a Diamond member with you for several years. The fact that Hilton allows so many
Hotels to opt out is absurd. No other chain that I have status with does this, never mind hundreds of hotels. I dont really have
the time or patience to look over this list, every time I am booking a hotel. Unless the price is remarkable lower, I will be staying
at different brands during this quarter. From doing some research online, it sounds like this is a common concern of your patrons
and we would like it addressed.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Although the Hilton website says I have already registered for the promo why are the confirmation e-mails taking so long this time? Have 3 stays in participating properties the first week of August. I'd like to know that I really am registered.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Although the Hilton website says I have already registered for the promo why are the confirmation e-mails taking so long this time? Have 3 stays in participating properties the first week of August. I'd like to know that I really am registered.
Try registering again, it then usually says that you are already registered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.