FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:35 am
kmandrew

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ivanl33
Barring a shocking turn around between now and year end, this list of opt-outs is the final (of many) straws for me. Constant devaluation of points and reductions in how they can be earned has left Hilton's loyalty program not competitive in the market.

I will be heading to Hyatt, with my 50 stays (100 nights) per year, effective 1/1/15. They have agreed to honor my Diamond level immediately.
My personal opinion is they don't really care. I spoke to the rooms manager 2 weeks ago at the big Hilton in Warsaw about how few people were in the lounge even though the hotel was at 100%. He said Siemens had booked 95% of the hotel and there were only 7 Diamonds in house. The Hampton in Iowa City might care about us but I doubt the big properties care; I get the feeling they think we already pampered with lounge access. We probably saved $100 a day (when you count liquor) plus he gave us 2212, an end of the hall suite. I was a Hyatt Diamond from '87-'97 and really liked it; always got great rooms on award stays (in Honolulu we got a room that had a Christmas tree in it). I see 2 of my 3rd qtr hotels opted out but I'm not going to change anything.