Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
My promo stats so far

I just was looking at my stats for this promo period.. wow

I have had 25 stays at 18 unique properties for a total of 41 nights since Aug 1.

Of theses the number that are not participating in the promo...

Stays 15
Unique properties 11
Nights 27

Due to a lack of properties that suit my needs in Detroit, I recently stayed at a Marriott for the first time, and have another stay booked for the same property.

This quarter is really making me consider just changing to another brand. Unfortunately I don't usually have the time/ability/flexibility to book at another Hilton location just to get the promos, so the ease of not having a ton of opt outs sounds very good.

I still have more travel coming up the rest of the month, so these numbers will only get worse, I fear.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
I guess all I can say now is, "Well played, Hilton."

For the second consecutive Canadian Thanksigiving, my wife and I headed down to Ohio, and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South-Austin Landing, located in Miamisburg. When the promo came out I saw no hotel located in Miamisburg on the opt out list. I also double checked for Austin Landing, as I have never seen this hotel referenced without those words. So, good, we can keep our reservation, the hotel is participating.

Check my folio the morning we check out, and the point total does not appear to be high enough with the promo, but maybe there's a technical issue. I kept checking and checking the past few days on the account, nothing. For kicks I look at the opt out list again. I see a "Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South" listed, located in Dayton, OH.

So not only does the hotel name not have to be correct, the city is very fluid as well. Calling Miamisburg Dayton would be fine if the DTW hotels were listed as being in Detroit, not Romulus, and there's a whole host of hotels that would be Cincinnati rather than Mason, Blue Ash, etc.

The worst part is, I have a large "why am I not surprised" feeling to go along with the anger.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
bluefan
that stinks!!
I had initialy printed out all 119 pages (lol) of the opt out list (at the hotel of course) with intentions of tracking it, but my travel plans change so abruptly and I go to some areas where there are no hotels for miles so I just gave up and am just booking for convenience now.....very frustrating.....
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SWA A-List, Hertz President's Circle
I put my money where my mouth is

I qualified for Diamond in 2015 by mid-May 2014 - I'm a pretty frequent traveler. My typical stay sees me checking in on a Sunday and checking out on a Friday. Two of those nights (Sunday & Thursday) the hotel is not full. Until the current promotion my preferred hotel had never opted out. With the current promotion they opted out. I spoke to the GM and he blamed the owners. So I am voting with my feet:

- I've changed all of my reservations for the rest of the year to arrive on Monday
- I've changed all of my reservations for the rest of the year to depart on Thursday.

That's ten nights in the rest of 2014, and ~34 nights in 2015. That's a total of 44 nights at ~$300/night inclusive of tax. That is $13,200.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Finally Going to cash in on this

At last I have a stay that will qualify. I've had 5 or 6 stays already during the promo at properties in California, Oregon and Washington.

Sat / Sun night this weekend - 2 Rooms each night on same reservation

Hilton St Louis at the Ballpark. St Louis, MO

Thankfully they aren't on the opt out list

Junkie
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by sundevils
I qualified for Diamond in 2015 by mid-May 2014 - I'm a pretty frequent traveler. My typical stay sees me checking in on a Sunday and checking out on a Friday. Two of those nights (Sunday & Thursday) the hotel is not full. Until the current promotion my preferred hotel had never opted out. With the current promotion they opted out. I spoke to the GM and he blamed the owners. So I am voting with my feet:

- I've changed all of my reservations for the rest of the year to arrive on Monday
- I've changed all of my reservations for the rest of the year to depart on Thursday.

That's ten nights in the rest of 2014, and ~34 nights in 2015. That's a total of 44 nights at ~$300/night inclusive of tax. That is $13,200.
That's a sizeable chunk, but honestly you'd be further ahead to go to a different property altogether if it was an decent option. If they are still getting ANY of your business it probably won't make a difference.

No matter what, make sure you let the GM know, hopefully he'll pass that along to the owners. I did the same thing for my preferred hotel that was getting at least 2-4 nights a week from me during this promotion. I switched to an IHG property (not many options in this town) and then let the GM and one of the other managers know about it.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by HansGruber
That's a sizeable chunk, but honestly you'd be further ahead to go to a different property altogether if it was an decent option. If they are still getting ANY of your business it probably won't make a difference.

No matter what, make sure you let the GM know, hopefully he'll pass that along to the owners. I did the same thing for my preferred hotel that was getting at least 2-4 nights a week from me during this promotion. I switched to an IHG property (not many options in this town) and then let the GM and one of the other managers know about it.
+1, was thinking/wondering if that would make any difference at all, plus additional inconvenience of changing properties twice during the week. Furthermore, since already qualified for Diamond, see if you can get a status match or challenge at another chain and get top elite level there as well!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
+1, was thinking/wondering if that would make any difference at all, plus additional inconvenience of changing properties twice during the week.
It seems to me like he's keeping the nights the hotel is full (and would sell anyway), and moving for the nights when it isn't (and will therefore have one more empty room). That's bad for the hotel.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Question for the board, since I've been bogged down with work and haven't much time to think about it, is this the kind of thing I would seek some compensation for, or is it a tough luck thing?

Originally Posted by Bluefan75
I guess all I can say now is, "Well played, Hilton."

For the second consecutive Canadian Thanksigiving, my wife and I headed down to Ohio, and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South-Austin Landing, located in Miamisburg. When the promo came out I saw no hotel located in Miamisburg on the opt out list. I also double checked for Austin Landing, as I have never seen this hotel referenced without those words. So, good, we can keep our reservation, the hotel is participating.

Check my folio the morning we check out, and the point total does not appear to be high enough with the promo, but maybe there's a technical issue. I kept checking and checking the past few days on the account, nothing. For kicks I look at the opt out list again. I see a "Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South" listed, located in Dayton, OH.

So not only does the hotel name not have to be correct, the city is very fluid as well. Calling Miamisburg Dayton would be fine if the DTW hotels were listed as being in Detroit, not Romulus, and there's a whole host of hotels that would be Cincinnati rather than Mason, Blue Ash, etc.

The worst part is, I have a large "why am I not surprised" feeling to go along with the anger.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Since this promo is about to end, any news on next time period?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.