Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG

If I am checking in Thursday (31st July) and out on Sunday (2nd August) would I get the promotional points for all my nights, some or perhaps none? (It is one of the few participating hotels)
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:56 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by moonman85
If I am checking in Thursday (31st July) and out on Sunday (2nd August) would I get the promotional points for all my nights, some or perhaps none? (It is one of the few participating hotels)
Some...only the nights which fall within the promo period.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Quote:

And so if I and registered for the Q2 promotion I would get the Q2 points for 31st and Q3 points for the other two nights?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
The answer to your question and other frequently asked questions may be found here: FAQ
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
^
I hope Anthony is noting this and passing the word...
Anthony,
Although I have only been a FlyerTalk member for 4 years (Visited many times prior), I have seen major discontent with Hilton, Marriott & United as well as others during that time. Even when devaluations happened in the past few years the the grumbling was high but the response was not as direct. There were never as many members (at the highest level) directly canceling reservations (at least ones that noted it on the boards). I would really like to get Hilton's corporate response (since you are their advisor on this board) to this response as well as the other notes sent to Hilton in the last week or so.

Thanks for your attention

Hokies82
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:15 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
Try registering again, it then usually says that you are already registered.
Good tip ^

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Correct, registered HHonors members will only receive a bonus for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the promotion period, regardless of a check-in date before the promotion period begins or a check-out date after the promotion period ends.

Originally Posted by ktchup
Hilton Honors,

I am writing you a letter to say how pitiful this “Triple Your Trip” 8/1 – 10/31 promotion is. As you can see by my profile
I travel quite a lot and have been a Diamond member with you for several years. The fact that Hilton allows so many
Hotels to opt out is absurd. No other chain that I have status with does this, never mind hundreds of hotels. I don’t really have
the time or patience to look over this list, every time I am booking a hotel. Unless the price is remarkable lower, I will be staying
at different brands during this quarter. From doing some research online, it sounds like this is a common concern of your patrons
and we would like it addressed.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
^
I hope Anthony is noting this and passing the word...
Originally Posted by Hokies82
Anthony,
Although I have only been a FlyerTalk member for 4 years (Visited many times prior), I have seen major discontent with Hilton, Marriott & United as well as others during that time. Even when devaluations happened in the past few years the the grumbling was high but the response was not as direct. There were never as many members (at the highest level) directly canceling reservations (at least ones that noted it on the boards). I would really like to get Hilton's corporate response (since you are their advisor on this board) to this response as well as the other notes sent to Hilton in the last week or so.

Thanks for your attention

Hokies82
Hi there, I am definitely noting this and passing on to my team. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out, but nearly 70% of our hotels and resorts are participating in this promotion.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
. . . but nearly 70% of our hotels and resorts are participating in this promotion.
Back when I was in school, "nearly 70%" was the same as "nearly passing"!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Anthony, you should know better than to simply cut and paste your previous response verbatim...not good form.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by shawn67
Anthony, you should know better than to simply cut and paste your previous response verbatim...not good form.
You are right.. but at the same time, he works for Hilton and certainly can't respond with "you guys are right..this sucks" and start venting along with us. He's providing the feedback which is what counts.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:02 pm

I am trying one other approach. My stays in Q3 will all be at the same place -- same place i stay every week. That property opted out. I have escalated to who I believe is the decision maker at the property. I stated my case and asked that I, as a loyal regular customer, be awarded the amount of points I am missing out on due to their decision to opt out.

We will figure out the specific and the end of the quarter. Probably about 120K points.

I'll let you know what they say. They did not say "hell no" when I asked. Said she would get back to me
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Hi there, I am definitely noting this and passing on to my team. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out, but nearly 70% of our hotels and resorts are participating in this promotion.
I realize you're saying what you're supposed to so this isn't really a response to you, but feedback to Hilton. But while it is true that "many hotels are individually owned and operated" any hotel that has a Hilton brand on it's sign represents all Hilton hotels. As a customer I don't care who actually owns the hotel. If I have a bad experience it reflects on Hilton as a whole. And that includes a promotion like this. Due to this thread I looked at upcoming reservations and moved them to hotels that are participating. But there are going to be a lot of upset people in August who think they are going to get double or triple points for a stay that find out (after the fact) that the Hilton they stayed at opted out. And telling them "But it was a franchisee" isn't going to make them feel any different about the situation. If a third of hotels are opting out it isn't really a chain wide promotion anymore.

Last edited by Zeeb; Jul 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Michael19887
You are right.. but at the same time, he works for Hilton and certainly can't respond with "you guys are right..this sucks" and start venting along with us. He's providing the feedback which is what counts.
I know I didn't want him to say that but just write something that showed he heard our frustrations and was willing to same the same thing in a different way...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:34 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Michael19887
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I realize you're saying what you're supposed to so this isn't really a response to you, but feedback to Hilton. But while it is true that "many hotels are individually owned and operated" any hotel that has a Hilton brand on it's sign represents all Hilton hotels. As a customer I don't care who actually owns the hotel. If I have a bad experience it reflects on Hilton as a whole. And that includes a promotion like this. Due to this thread I looked at upcoming reservations and moved them to hotels that are participating. But there are going to be a lot of upset people in August who think they are going to get double or triple points for a stay that find out (after the fact) that the Hilton they stayed at opted out. And telling them "But it was a franchisee" isn't going to make them feel any different about the situation. If a third of hotels are opting out it isn't really a chain wide promotion anymore.
I know I didn't want him to say that but just write something that showed he heard our frustrations and was willing to same the same thing in a different way...
Now now, let me explain. I totally know not to cut-and-paste and should have clarified. I was being asked to share Hilton's corporate response to why hotels have opted out, and from that position, there is not much new information I can share. On top of it, this thread is now 16 pages long and I didn't want to assume that every user saw what I posted back on page 1. I completely understand why you'd be frustrated and want to do what I can to help.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:55 pm

Now now, let me explain. I totally know not to cut-and-paste and should have clarified. I was being asked to share Hilton's corporate response to why hotels have opted out, and from that position, there is not much new information I can share. On top of it, this thread is now 16 pages long and I didn't want to assume that every user saw what I posted back on page 1. I completely understand why you'd be frustrated and want to do what I can to help.
Anthony, I get it! Almost all of us on this board have parameters we are expected conform to when we are interfacing with our sectors of the public. Thank you for being a conduit for us to your organization.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: HH D
In the past, if a hotel opted-in for a quarterly promotion, it had to pay Hilton around 1.5% of the total guest folio (Room, restaurant, parking, etc). That percentage came on top of the around 10% they already needed to pay Hilton for a Hilton-website booking made by a hhonors member.

I wonder if that 1.5% went up to 2.5% or 3% with the current promotion? Could this be the real reason why so many hotels are opting out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.