Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by hittheskids
Careful when you book with this rate - make sure the hotel isn't only accepting it as a nonrefundable rate. The Embassy Suites Downtown/Lakefront in downtown Chicago is nonrefundable on this rate (but still refundable on other rates such as MVP). The other downtown Embassy Suites just a few blocks away is the same price (at least for the dates around NYE that I'm seeing) and is refundable even on the Thank You rate.
Interesting. My experience in booking has been that several properties did not even require a credit card in the reservation to hold the reservation until 6 p.m. day of arrival.

David
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Interesting. My experience in booking has been that several properties did not even require a credit card in the reservation to hold the reservation until 6 p.m. day of arrival.

David
I have never managed to make a booking in a Hilton property without a credit card.

I have made a couple of reservations with this offer but in both confirmations it is mentioned that are cancelable one day before arrival.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:34 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Hampton Inns now seem to have as part of the reservation process whether you want to confirm with a credit card past 6pm, or no credit card until 6pm.

Not seen that at other HHonors properties.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Hampton Inns now seem to have as part of the reservation process whether you want to confirm with a credit card past 6pm, or no credit card until 6pm.

Not seen that at other HHonors properties.
Standard at all Hotels as far as I was aware, although in Europe tends to be until 16.00.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by adobbing
??
My stay completed yesterday shows in the list as pending, with no points and my stay count hasn't moved.

Can anyone who has had a stay eventually post with stay credit and points confirm whether this is what they experienced?
Mine did the same. Stayed 12/15 and was showing pending yesterday for points but the stay/nights did not advance. Today the stay has posted but points are still pending. Seems to jive with what others are saying.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: HH D
On Monday, my weekend stay (under My Account) said 'Pending' without any further alterations. On Tuesday it still said 'Pending', but the Night+Stay count had both increased as well as the Total HHonors Points. Behind 'Pending' it now says: 500 miles earned.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig
On Monday, my weekend stay (under My Account) said 'Pending' without any further alterations. On Tuesday it still said 'Pending', but the Night+Stay count had both increased as well as the Total HHonors Points. Behind 'Pending' it now says: 500 miles earned.
Chances are very good you'll see all the points tomorrow morning, that's the way stays have been showing up lately.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Be aware that with this rate some select discounts may not apply.

For example, in Australia we have a "Macquarie Bank Hilton Visa Card" with which holders get a 20% discount on almost all rates bookable through Hilton Family channels - it seems from a booking I have that this discount may be deemed not to apply to the "Thank You Rate" rate.

I had cancelled a Special "Welcome $99" rate booking for this Saturday in favor of a $120 rate, expecting $96 with the 20% discount.:

Just checking this booking and the comments box has been changed (obviously by the property) from my standard:
Code:
2 Guests using HHonors Spouse Stays Free
-- Maquarie Premium Card 20 pc disc.
to
Code:
2 Guests - HHonors Diamond Spouse Benefit :Macquarie
Premium ClubDiscount not applicable!:MCQ MEMBER
I do note the "details" landing page has the following:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Thank You Rate is valid at participating hotels worldwide for stays booked between December 5, 2012 and January 7, 2013, and completed between December 14, 2012 and January 7, 2013. Rates are subject to availability and are not available on December 31, 2012. Be sure to review the hotel's cancellation/change policy at time of booking. This offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offer or discounts and is not valid for existing reservations or groups. All reservations for this rate must be made on the website
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Notenut
Chances are very good you'll see all the points tomorrow morning, that's the way stays have been showing up lately.
I can also confirm that 36 hours after checking out, my stay, night, and points have all posted successfully. This stay has qualified me for Diamond status...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Thank you guys for confirming! Have andiamond qualifying reservation coming up this weekend.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:20 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I can also confirm that 36 hours after checking out, my stay, night, and points have all posted successfully. .
Ditto here. Plus the double dip miles to AA.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:29 am
Kyo

Programs: Ex-BD55 + KF*G + BA Gold + IC RA(?) + OZ*G + SPG*P
Seems to have given a stay credit at Hilton Surfers Paradise for a stay on the 17th.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
??
My stay completed yesterday shows in the list as pending, with no points and my stay count hasn't moved.

Can anyone who has had a stay eventually post with stay credit and points confirm whether this is what they experienced?
Update!

My stay on Sunday, which was showing as pending yesterday with no points or stay credit, has now updated!

Stay count has increased by 1, as has total number of nights.
Points total has increased.
The stay still shows as pending.

Clicking on the breakdown of points, shows that it has accrued the Diamond 50%, Diamond extra 1,000 and the Q4 1,000 reasons promo points!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:33 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I guess this doesn't matter this late but I did receive confirmation today by phone from an Executive level assistant that this promotion is indeed
Points/Miles and stay credit earning as many of us already know
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:10 pm
Kyo

Programs: Ex-BD55 + KF*G + BA Gold + IC RA(?) + OZ*G + SPG*P
I wonder, as I have 3 stays at separate properties from the 15, 16, 17th, and though stays and points show as credited, the word 'pending' isn't encouraging. I don't want my status revoked because of some 'pending' stay nonsense.

I'm 3 more stays away from HHD again, and I'd be bloody annoyed if this didn't go through especially as I'm in the process of withholding booking PR13CBs and changing 5 out of 6 of my last stays to TY...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.