Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
Originally Posted by cjd
Wouldn't it be so simple for Hhonors Representative to enter the thread discussion and clear up this mess as to whether customers get stay and night credits as well as the promised points. Surely people at Hilton are reading all this discussion and speculation. Have never seen any rates in the past that only give points and not stay/night credits. No mention of this in the Hhonors Terms and Conditions.
If HHonors representative knew the answer, they probably would let us know, but judging on a fact that HH customer service so far gave every possible answer, and all of them contradict each other... they probably see the promo in computer and see as much T&C as we do.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
There is definate and conclusive answer: POINTS ONLY, and NOTHING else. (read post #1, someone had also emailed HHONORS other than myself calling).
Half the thread's emailed Hilton and half of those people have gotten a different answer than the other half... if that's your definition of definitive and conclusive, then your dictionary must have a misprint or something.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by JJJJust
Half the thread's emailed Hilton and half of those people have gotten a different answer than the other half... if that's your definition of definitive and conclusive, then your dictionary must have a misprint or something.
May I suggest you read from page 1 til the last page first, and tell me where's half the thread of people have gotten a different answer than the other half ?

Does 4:1 looks to you or anyone conclusive and definitive ? We are not talking about 4:4 here.

Negative

#46 Abidjan - thru email
#52 FiendlyConfines - thru call
#99 brooklyngal - thru call
#129 me - thru call

Inconclusive

#76 kmwjee - thru email

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 11, 2012 at 11:20 pm
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:44 pm

Okay, assuming you're right and it's points only, do we need to change our earning style to Points + Points to maximize the number of points received or do we earn base points only?

I have 2 stays booked next week which will net me 11,000 Virgin Atlantic miles which is probably worth the extra cost but I'd like to know for sure by Friday so I can cancel the right reservation before the deadline as I'm currently double booked (with the promo and without it).

This really is unprecedented in a number of ways:

1. Best sale ever!
2. Never saw points earned but no stay credit or miles
3. Super unclear T's & C's causing rampant speculation (and wasted time!)

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:56 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
...I certainly had made incidental charges during award stays, but had it gotten force to become stay credit ? NEVER.

Reward stays always count as stay-credits.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd

I have definitely had reward stays count as stay-credits. Even when I charged nothing to the room.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
May I suggest you read from page 1 til the last page first, and tell me where's half the thread of people have gotten a different answer than the other half ?

Does 4:1 looks to you or anyone conclusive and definitive ? We are not talking about 4:4 here.
For one, it was hyperbole.
For two, post #99 says NO points, no miles, AND no stay credit.
For three, I've read the thing... indeed, I'VE POSTED IN IT!

However, we can use the actual numbers anyways... 5 people posted they asked, 3 people got yes points, no night/stay credit... 1 person got no to all, 1 person got yes to all.

Soooo, please point out to me the definitive-ness of a 3 in 5 sample.

The only answer that can be considered conclusive and definitive at this point will come AFTER somebody completes a stay under the promo because clearly Hilton CSRs have no clue.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:38 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Sorry,is there a code for this rate?Link does not work correctly from iPhone..

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:35 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Sorry,is there a code for this rate?Link does not work correctly from iPhone..

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante.
are you able to type hhonors.com/thankyou

I've had some issues with the website functionality this morning...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton

All the reward stays that we've had over the years have always gotten stay credits, so I can't see how ORDnHKG's wouldn't.

But back to the original point I was trying to make, ie., that by putting incidental charges on this current 50 % promo, perhaps that would at least get some points and miles, if as some responses that were gotten from emails and phone calls indicated, the possibility of getting nada may be the final answer.

Wish someone from Hilton would come on here and put the final answers up for us all to see.

bj-21.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I'm planning no incidental charges on Friday night, just to see. If it doesn't work, I'll let someone else take the "try incidental charge" test (I have my Radisson 1 for 1 stay Saturday night so I can't try Hilton that night, I actually prefer to stay in the hotel on mattress runs ).
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by blackjack-21
All the reward stays that we've had over the years have always gotten stay credits, so I can't see how ORDnHKG's wouldn't.

But back to the original point I was trying to make, ie., that by putting incidental charges on this current 50 % promo, perhaps that would at least get some points and miles, if as some responses that were gotten from emails and phone calls indicated, the possibility of getting nada may be the final answer.

Wish someone from Hilton would come on here and put the final answers up for us all to see.

bj-21.
I always charge small incidentals, water from minibar etc to room when its a reward stay and always make sure I get an invoice at checkout.

Often the stay initially shows up with no points, as to most stays nowadays.

I wait a further day and if there is still no points or stay credit, I ring up CS and query.

Usually takes about 48 hours and then I get points credited as well as a stay credit.
They often mess it up in my favour, this happened last week...
4 night stay, 1st night paid, next three nights on Avios.
Initially posted as two seperate stays, both with no points or stay credit.

Rang up queried it, 1 day later I get 13,000 odd points and a stay credit.
The room was only €70 and €12 for some beers!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
Hilton Honors Representative on Chinese Weibo's Response

希尔顿荣誉客会新浪机构认证:回复@梦离想学酒管:Points跟Stay都有哦! (12月12日 19:28)

梦离想学酒管:回复@希尔顿荣誉客会:那stay credit呢。积分知道有 (12月11日 12:01)

希尔顿荣誉客会新浪机构认证:回复@梦离想学酒管: 入住是可以赚取积分的! (12月11日 10:42)

梦离想学酒管:http://t.cn/zj6QTit 这个promotion能拿到stay credit吗 (12月11日 08:18)

Translates into:
Me: Would I get stay credit for this promotion?
Rep: You get receive points
Me: I know I will get points, how about stay credit?
Rep: You will get both points and stay credit.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CreditRocks
I have definitely had reward stays count as stay-credits. Even when I charged nothing to the room.
Originally Posted by blackjack-21

Corrected, I don't know what I am talking about.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 12, 2012 at 11:01 am
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJJJust

The only answer that can be considered conclusive and definitive at this point will come AFTER somebody completes a stay under the promo because clearly Hilton CSRs have no clue.
They have no clue only if they didn't have the right promo memo, the agent that I talked with initially said no nothing (as it is F&F rate), but when I told him about the exact dates for this promo, he actually look thru all his promo memo, found the thankyou 50% the T&C and read to me about yes to points but no to credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.