Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:15 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All
I don't spend much time here in the Hilton forum as I a tend to the Hyatt forum mostly these days
I am sending off a communication this evening to someone high up the chain in command to get an official response from HH

I realize whatever we end up hearing the outcome may be different
For example on my last 6 stays with Hilton on fully eligible rates 2 posted @ 0 points and no stay credit and had to be posted manually
As a famous FT philosopher or two once said YMMV
Should my contact be in office and respond I will report back ASAP.
I wish I had come across this thread earlier

Happy Holidays
Cheers
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
1) Huge thanks to hotelbusiness for your contributions here. I think one of the most significant things about your comments is that this and the ongoing F&F rate stand simultaneously side by side - separate.

2) Thanks very much to the OP. These rates are phenomenal, and come at a great time for last-minute MRs - if they count. TheBOSman, all eyes...

3)
Originally Posted by cblaisd

Reward stays always count as stay-credits.
...except when they don't. I agreed with what you say for 25+ years, until I recently thought I fulfilled the MVP four-stay-to-Gold challenge, when I learned that the two that were award stays didn't count. I didn't receive notice that I would be as good as Gold through 2014. I called, and was told that that was why: Award stays don't count toward the MVP challenges.

4) Last because it's naive: Is it possible that the answers people are getting depend on the question asked? If one asks about this as a "Family & Friends rate" then the CSR is obligated to give the more conservative "No". While if the words "friends & family" are left out, then they are free to say that everything is earned?

[5) Paging HHonors Representative! Wherefore art thou?]

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 14, 2012 at 1:14 am
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Firewind
...I called, and was told that that was why: Award stays don't count toward the MVP challenges.
Well, that's a completely different matter.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks hotelbusiness and others for the willingness to help.

I have only one stay missing to maintain HHD and as the Anywhere rate was only 13euros higher, I have booked that one, but if we have confirmation here that stays count, I may book a small holiday for early January.

The rates are really fabulous.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:35 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I was looking through the Hilton HHonors thread (and other threads) and there seems to be a lot of wisdom here among the Flyertalk members. I do have other loyalty accounts, so I will be learning too.

I look forward to helping whenever I can.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold
Got the Embassy Suites Blue Ash, Ohio, for 52 a night plus tax. around 60 bucks. Going to stay there for two weeks instead of with family. I had been toying with the idea of getting a hotel anyway, but at that rate, might as well.

Also at an Embassy Suites in DTW right now. I asked the front desk about the Friends and Family thing, the manager said that they had talked about it on their HHONORS conference call. Anyway, no idea bout accrual...But seriously, at 60 bucks a night (with TAXES)...it's a good deal for people traveling for the holidays that actually just need a room. I assume Hilton is just using the term "friends and family" as a marketing gimmick, and that is confusing the employees. It seems the terms and conditions on the link are what we should go by. But who knows? The manager actually had a powerpoint about various promos but I couldn't get get a closer look! Sorry!! He just said that he isn't surprised since this is their really slow time.

Checking in tonight and I hope that they don't throw a fit about the low rate. Seems a bit too good to be true, although probably in line with the season since the one I'm staying at is mainly a biz hotel and was empty two years ago when I did the same thing.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Already got Diamond status this year. But the rate is too good to pass. Cancelled two reward reservations and rebooked two Embassy stays in Michigan Southport for $49 per night. Then booked a two night stay at Palmer House Hilton in Chicago for a holiday get away at $59.50 per night.
What an awesome deal!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by travelmi
Already got Diamond status this year. But the rate is too good to pass. Cancelled two reward reservations and rebooked two Embassy stays in Michigan Southport for $49 per night. Then booked a two night stay at Palmer House Hilton in Chicago for a holiday get away at $59.50 per night.
What an awesome deal!
I'm in the same boat in that I'm fortunate enough that I've already requalified, won't be the same case next year though.

But for now I am going to enjoy this rate. Just booked 4 nights at Waldorf Park City for next week in 4 bedroom residence for $380 per night. Amazing deal.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Not on this side of the world

I tried for Auckland 30 December one night, no thankyou rate shows
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Flying Bat
I tried for Auckland 30 December one night, no thankyou rate shows
Hi,

did you try through the link provided in the first post?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:14 am

So, I tried the Diamond line one more time to see if I could get a resolution to our questions since I need to cancel my duplicate reservations today.

The agent I spoke with was familiar with the Thank You rate and said the following:

1. Stays at this rate will earn points.
2. Stays that earn points will also earn miles.
3. Stays that earn miles will be eligible for any bonuses including the Virgin Atlantic promotion.
4. These stays will also earn stay credit.

I should have gotten his name but perhaps because I heard what I wanted, I'm going to listen him and cancel my non-Thank You rate bookings.

We'll see what happens!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by CANIFLYTOO

Checking in tonight and I hope that they don't throw a fit about the low rate. Seems a bit too good to be true, although probably in line with the season since the one I'm staying at is mainly a biz hotel and was empty two years ago when I did the same thing.
I don't think they will throw a fit about the low rate, as this is what normally OPAGUE rate cost (rate you book thru like priceline/hotwire name your own price), however earning stay/night credit is another matter and questionable.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by CANIFLYTOO

Please be sure to post here as soon as you find out if you earned a stay/night credit for the benefit of everyone following this thread. Thank you.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by brooklyngal
So, I tried the Diamond line one more time to see if I could get a resolution to our questions since I need to cancel my duplicate reservations today.

The agent I spoke with was familiar with the Thank You rate and said the following:

1. Stays at this rate will earn points.
2. Stays that earn points will also earn miles.
3. Stays that earn miles will be eligible for any bonuses including the Virgin Atlantic promotion.
4. These stays will also earn stay credit.

I should have gotten his name but perhaps because I heard what I wanted, I'm going to listen him and cancel my non-Thank You rate bookings.

We'll see what happens!
Based on everything in this thread and my communications with HH where I was told that it will earn stay/night credit because it's booked on hhonors.com, it seems that it is more likely than not that the rate will earn stay and night credit.

I hope so, because I'm still two stays from requalifying and I'm going to take a chance with the rate. If the rate doesn't earn stay credit, then I'll re-do the couple of stays I still have coming up.

Like TheBOSman, I have a stay tonight and then another one tomorrow night and will be happy to post my results.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:49 pm

booked three nights for next week at the Waldorf Towers suite in NYC for $295 per night which is about $300 off per night from regular rate...amazing find OP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.