Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
??
My stay completed yesterday shows in the list as pending, with no points and my stay count hasn't moved.

Can anyone who has had a stay eventually post with stay credit and points confirm whether this is what they experienced?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:46 am
cjd

Hope it wasn't Manchester Airport Hilton. I've had several problems this year with them refusing to give points and credits for discounted rates. Eventually got them by bypassing hotel and contacting Hhonors direct.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by cjd
Hope it wasn't Manchester Airport Hilton. I've had several problems this year with them refusing to give points and credits for discounted rates. Eventually got them by bypassing hotel and contacting Hhonors direct.
It was Leeds city, I never bother with the Hotels themselves and always go direct to the HHonors call centre when I need something correcting. I find the USA call centre best at sorting problems with points etc.

I also had problems with Manchester Airport Hilton a few years ago and after that have always made sure I get a copy of the bill before leaving!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: HH Gold, VA Gold, CC Gold
A big thank you to the OP on this thread! I've just had points (including the extra 1,000 Q4 promo) and one stay credited for a night at Brisbane Hilton last Sunday on the thank you rate.

Despite the ridiculously low rate (AU$101) I got upgraded to an Executive room with lounge access, water bottle, a free husband (OK, not quite that exciting, it was the 'spouse stays free') and early check in no probs. Mr GoneTroppo had to leave very early to catch a flight, so they happily offered a free room service coffee and a breakfast box for him. Great service.

There were rates as low as AU$88 this week - crazy!

I also booked a 2 bed residence at Surfers Paradise Hilton on the thank you rate (AU$234) for a short family trip. Looking forward to that!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by GoneTroppo
A big thank you to the OP on this thread! I've just had points (including the extra 1,000 Q4 promo) and one stay credited for a night at Brisbane Hilton last Sunday on the thank you rate.

Despite the ridiculously low rate (AU$101) I got upgraded to an Executive room with lounge access, water bottle, a free husband (OK, not quite that exciting, it was the 'spouse stays free') and early check in no probs. Mr GoneTroppo had to leave very early to catch a flight, so they happily offered a free room service coffee and a breakfast box for him. Great service.

There were rates as low as AU$88 this week - crazy!

I also booked a 2 bed residence at Surfers Paradise Hilton on the thank you rate (AU$234) for a short family trip. Looking forward to that!
Excellent news as I'm about to take advantage of one of those $88 rates, however with only deluxe or suites available looks like I'll miss out on the exec floor room upgrade. What status with HHonors are you GoneTroppo?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: HH Gold, VA Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by austgap
Excellent news as I'm about to take advantage of one of those $88 rates, however with only deluxe or suites available looks like I'll miss out on the exec floor room upgrade. What status with HHonors are you GoneTroppo?
Hi there - just gold, so who knows, you might be lucky with a suite?! Remember the lounge closes soon for Christmas - last night this Friday I think.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:27 am

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14 to January 7

I've just made a reservation using corporate rate, which is much higher than the TY offer, will I be able to cancel it and make a new reservation? Or can I apply the BRG?
Thank you for your advice!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
hilton tokyo for less than 200/night for exec
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by willchan1
I've just made a reservation using corporate rate, which is much higher than the TY offer, will I be able to cancel it and make a new reservation? Or can I apply the BRG?
Thank you for your advice!
As long as you didn't book a pre-paid corporate rate you should be fine. Just remember to make the new res. first then cancel the previous one just in case there is some problem.
BRG doesn't apply in your case, it refers to lower rates quoted on OTHER SITES compared to Hilton.com.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:43 am

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14 to January 7

Thanks for yr advice, unfortunately it was nonreturnable rate.. So I think I can't cancel it although it was just made an hr ago.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by adobbing
??
My stay completed yesterday shows in the list as pending, with no points and my stay count hasn't moved.

Can anyone who has had a stay eventually post with stay credit and points confirm whether this is what they experienced?
I am in the same boat as you. Checked out yesterday and still waiting for points and stays to post. Mine post typically within 48 hours so I would not worry about it until tomorrow morning (or the best case scenario tonight).
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by adobbing
??

Yes.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by big_mac
This doesn't seem to work for any Doubletrees in the UK.
The rate appears on the property listing page, but trying to book it gives a 'None of the requested rates are available.' and only the standard rates.
The available rooms at this rate may be gone now. That happened in NYC when I was checking earlier. There were rooms available at that rate and then they were gone for the date I was looking. You might want to keep trying.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:57 am

Careful when you book with this rate - make sure the hotel isn't only accepting it as a nonrefundable rate. The Embassy Suites Downtown/Lakefront in downtown Chicago is nonrefundable on this rate (but still refundable on other rates such as MVP). The other downtown Embassy Suites just a few blocks away is the same price (at least for the dates around NYE that I'm seeing) and is refundable even on the Thank You rate.

I've booked eight different Hilton properties on this promotion for a long upcoming road trip, and the Embassy Suites Downtown/Lakefront in Chicago was the only one that I saw that did the non-refundable bit, so I don't think it's very common. Still worth paying attention though.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Stayed 2 nights at the Hilton Clearwater Beach this past weekend checking out Sunday. Looked this morning and saw the points post with all the usual bonuses (points & points + diamond + booked online + Q4 promo) along with status stay-basepoints-nights credits posting.

This is the typical turnaround for Hilton points to post - don't expect them to post until 2 days after checkout. You will be able to see the receipt online the day after with a pending points status; the points process is separate from the receipt process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.