Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Breakfast is not a gold or diamond hotel benefit at WA properties (as it is at Conrad, Hilton, and Doubletree.
Gold:

Diamond:
That's what I thought...I don't have much opportunity to stay in WA properties.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I checked in using this rate and wasn't not asked for ID
For the 2nd time in my life I asked to change rooms (was granted) and still not asked for ID.
I was given extra breakfast coupons and was not asked for ID

Only strange thing is they wrote how much I paid for the room on the little thing that holds the keys but I don't know if that is standard at this hotel or not.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
"Only strange thing is they wrote how much I paid for the room on the little thing that holds the keys but I don't know if that is standard at this hotel or not. "

I also noticed this at the WA in NYC. I didn't think much of it, but I don't remember seeing any other hotel do this.

Either way, it was a friendly reminder of what a great deal I was getting.

One possible reason for doing this is to confirm the rate prior to checking in. If you saw the dollar amount and it was different from what you booked, you would probably mention something right away.

I always wondered if people who spend more on the room rate have a higher chance of getting an upgrade (assuming everything is the same with regard to the guest).
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Rate has no impact on upgrades. Just paid $70 for a night at the Hilton Scotts Valley and was upgraded to a full suite with whirpool tub.

neil
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by goosebump

I always wondered if people who spend more on the room rate have a higher chance of getting an upgrade (assuming everything is the same with regard to the guest).
Definately not.

In the past I had paid $199 for Conrad Chicago, only upgraded to a city view room.

Last month I paid $90 (christmas in July) once again for Conrad Chiago, got upgraded to a suite with 2 bathrooms.

Both times I am a gold.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by poser
I checked in using this rate and wasn't not asked for ID
... and still not asked for ID.
... and was not asked for ID

Why would you be asked for ID?

Look up thread, this is not an in house rate, unlike typical Staff/Family rates - it's available to all.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by serfty
Why would you be asked for ID?

Look up thread, this is not an in house rate, unlike typical Staff/Family rates - it's available to all.
Look up thread, because some of the rate rules have wording that may make Joe Desk Clerk-Who-Slept-Through-Yesterday's-Staff-Meeting think it's a restricted rate.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Stay Posted...Mostly

Our two night stay at a HGI last week posted today on my HHonors account after everything showed as "Pending" yesterday when I checked.
We were upgraded (HHonors Gold) to a king jacuzzi room at checkin, and my choice of the comped breakfast buffet at HGI's instead of the 750 points had the coupons in our key envelope.

Points and stay/night credits showed correctly as did the "1000 Reasons" Q4 bonus points and my 25% Gold bonus. Airline miles posted (AA) with the only thing still pending was the AA double miles promo, which hopefully will appear soon.

Good stay with a double jacuzzi in our comfortable king bedded room and the rate at 30% off (for HGI's) and comped breakfast made it even more of a bargain.

bj-21.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, HH-Gold
Stayed at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah over this weekend with spouse and a child - 1 night for $47.64. Upgraded to a Junior Suite with complimentary breakfast and internet being Gold.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just checked into the Beverly Hilton. Had booked the cheapest King room in the Wilshire Tower for $142.50 a night using the Thank You rate. Politely asked at check-in if an upgrade was available and got upgraded to a studio suite (basically it has a little living room attached and a somewhat spacious bathroom).

As we were leaving the front desk the lady said "wow, you guys got a great rate!". Yes. Yes we did.

Neil
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Looking in Tampa for the 5th, but rates are still holding aroung 100, surprising since ORD is such a good deal.(downtown rates that we never see,,,)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi
Looking in Tampa for the 5th, but rates are still holding aroung 100, surprising since ORD is such a good deal.(downtown rates that we never see,,,)
and I'm making the most of it :-)

Checked out after a night at theWit earlier today, only to check into the Palmer House for the night. Comped to the executive floor (happens for all Golds at PH from what I understand).
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just checked into the Conrad Bangkok. $95, and with gold status was upgraded to executive floor. Sweet.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Two stays at Hilton Kuching for $50 per night. Upgraded to a huge room (I mean huge). Second stay upgraded to smaller room but with river view. On penthouse floor. Breakfast free. No wifi at hotel tho.

Stay at Batang Ai resort managed by Hilton. Upgraded to suite, free breakfast.
Room at $45 per night.

Thank you FT!!!!

Booked in for Conrad Singapore. I think about $130 per night. Hope to be upgraded.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stalker
and I'm making the most of it :-)

Checked out after a night at theWit earlier today, only to check into the Palmer House for the night. Comped to the executive floor (happens for all Golds at PH from what I understand).
I am at the PH on the Exec floor as well. Sunday eve. See you at breakfast. $59 rate, upgraded to some kind of mini-suite with 2 baths and a sofa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.