Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Exactly, there were endless complaints on FT about it, but I loved the rolling tier.
I think it was pretty short-sighted of Hilton; many of us stop staying in Hilton properties once we have reached a particular threshold.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Exactly, there were endless complaints on FT about it....
Yup. A look through some of those threads shows some of the most complicated scenarios that FTers could dream up that Hilton had no idea were possibilities. It did make for great casuistry, those. This will be the first year in awhile (after exactly 28 stays for the last several requalification periods) that I could have used the rolling-tier to return, since I expect to end up with 34 stays.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Yup. A look through some of those threads shows some of the most complicated scenarios that FTers could dream up that Hilton had no idea were possibilities. It did make for great casuistry, those. This will be the first year in awhile (after exactly 28 stays for the last several requalification periods) that I could have used the rolling-tier to return, since I expect to end up with 34 stays.
Same here.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Points posted properly for five stays after a long pending time. 1 stay posted as zero.....Homewood Suites Reno....what to do?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
The stay on the following day has also generated both points and a stay credit, with the points total, number of stays and number of nights increasing!

Both stays still show as "pending" but clicking on the expand button reveals the points breakdown.

I assume as per others comments that the "pending" status will disappear in a few days, I had not noticed it recently.
"pending" status on my Sunday 16the December (checking out Monday) stay has now changed and points showing in regular history. So it appears to be 4 working days from checkout before the posting process completes!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:40 am

Thumbs up

I am glad almost everyone is getting the points and stay credit! ^

Hope many of you can earn status or re-qualify for status through this "hidden" promotion. Although it may not be acknowledged much, we do appreciate your business!

Have a great holiday season and stay safe!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by hedoman
Points posted properly for five stays after a long pending time. 1 stay posted as zero.....Homewood Suites Reno....what to do?

You can contact the hotel or customer service. Both can issue your missing points as this is a qualifying rate for earning points.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Great promo for me. I am taking the wife to a concert tonight in Chicago. 8 weeks ago I booked the cheapest Hilton room I could find which was the Hilton Garden Inn for $99. Found out about this promo and found The Palmer House for $69.00! Shot an email to the hotel and already got an upgraded room for tonight. Can't beat that price.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Any reports on upgrades on Beachfront properties in the US with this rate?

RM
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rumeli
Any reports on upgrades on Beachfront properties in the US with this rate?

RM
The rate has very little or nothing to do with upgrades, it's driven by your level of status and hotel availability ( and maybe the mood of the FD person checking you in )
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Just spent 3 night at the WA in New Orleans. Thank you for saving me $300! And FYI, no free breakfast at this property but I did get a room upgrade. Thanks again for sharing this deal.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:48 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Notenut
The rate has very little or nothing to do with upgrades, it's driven by your level of status and hotel availability ( and maybe the mood of the FD person checking you in )
YBMTI.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
After reading the last page about nights posting I just checked my account and indeed have the nights post to the account! This bumps me up to diamond which is wonderful... Wow.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by DirtyDan
And FYI, no free breakfast at this property but I did get a room upgrade. Thanks again for sharing this deal.
Are you Silver, Gold or Diamond with HHonors? Or is this not something WA's do at any level? I'm staying here next January.

Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Are you Silver, Gold or Diamond with HHonors? Or is this not something WA's do at any level? I'm staying here next January.

Thanks
Breakfast is not a gold or diamond hotel benefit at WA properties (as it is at Conrad, Hilton, and Doubletree.
Gold:
MY WAY GOLD MEMBERSHIP HOTEL BENEFITS:††

Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
■Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
■1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or one in-room movie per stay

ConradŽ Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™
■1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Diamond:
MY WAY DIAMOND MEMBERSHIP HOTEL BENEFITS:††
Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
■Choice of two among the following: 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay; one in-room movie per stay; or a spa, golf or restaurant discount, as designated by the property

ConradŽ Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™
■1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay
■A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
■Executive Floor Lounge Access (available at select properties‡)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.