Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Nice! So it really sounds like we have not had anyone on this board who reported NOT receiving a night/stay credit. So it sounds like this works. Once my stay posts (checked out today!) I should be Diamond.
I am also more interested in the tier qualification, Looking to maintain Diamond cheaply!

Tonight is the second of 2 stays, which if they count will mean I requalify for Diamond.
One stay was £34/ $55 and the other £26/ $42, so not expecting many base points!
Although if the Q3 offer is still running for 1,000 extra points and my Diamond extra 1,000 Points means I could get 2,000 points per stay on that alone!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
When I tried to book with this promo rate, there was this message in the rate details

Up to 50 percent off our best unrestricted rate Room only Limited time offer Rate must be requested by name to be booked by HRCC TEAM MEMBERS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY WWW.HHONORS.COM/THANKYOU HILTON PARTNERS, WWW.HHONORS.COM/FRIENDSANDFAMILY

Should I have any problem at check-in because of the requirement ?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by choupeo
When I tried to book with this promo rate, there was this message in the rate details

Up to 50 percent off our best unrestricted rate Room only Limited time offer Rate must be requested by name to be booked by HRCC TEAM MEMBERS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY WWW.HHONORS.COM/THANKYOU HILTON PARTNERS, WWW.HHONORS.COM/FRIENDSANDFAMILY

Hmm, didn't see that when I booked it. Guess they changed it?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Hmm, didn't see that when I booked it. Guess they changed it?
yes, this is new. Just did a dummy booking at a hotel and this language now appears next to the rate. This certainly was not there. Quick, take screen shots of the promo's T&Cs before they change it to read specifically that no stay/night credits can be earned with this rate.

Last edited by vdostoi1; Dec 17, 2012 at 1:16 pm Reason: more specificity added
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond

This thread is getting rather lengthy, but there have been several comments about that question and the answer is, No, you won't have any problem.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:22 pm

Rates under this promo in Washington DC at the beginning of January have roughly doubled in the past couple of hours.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Been trying to book all day and keep receiving the below message when I click "Book Reservation". Any ideas?

Sorry for the inconvenience

Due to technical difficulties we were unable to complete your request online or through our customer help desk at this tme. We are working to rectify the problem, please try again later.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Been trying to book all day and keep receiving the below message when I click "Book Reservation". Any ideas?
Are you logged into your HHonors account when you try to book? Try logging out and see if that helps. It has rectified many HHonors web site issues for me in the past just by following this process.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I kept getting that error when trying to use IE....when I went back with Firefox, I had no problems.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:33 pm

Downtown Dallas Doubletree $39

The Doubletree downtown Dallas this saturday has rooms for $39...great mattress run price...different prices for different bed types. Suites available for slightly more.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:15 pm

On one of my reservations, it said that. Then when I actually completed the reservation it was Thank You rate and the T&C for that rate came Up. I just completed that particular stay reserving two rooms checking out today and My folio shows the points earned. Had no problem at all.

Bobette
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by FriendlyConfines
Rates under this promo in Washington DC at the beginning of January have roughly doubled in the past couple of hours.
Saw the same for some properties in Chicago too. One property I remembered particularly is DT magificent mile, it was $39 and now $59+.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
This doesn't seem to work for any Doubletrees in the UK.
The rate appears on the property listing page, but trying to book it gives a 'None of the requested rates are available.' and only the standard rates.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

My stay (checked out 16th) is pending as well...(Fingers crossed ) but seems like this should count for everything.
I can confirm full credit on everything, points, fixed miles, and stay credit.
Same here ^

Originally Posted by adobbing
Has your number of stays shown increased?
Mine has... need one more for Gold (SJC DT in a week- not valid for rate but still a good buy ^)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Can we finally put the question whether this earns points/stay credit to rest? We all know that if you call Hilton Diamond line you will receive different answer pretty much very time. Phone customer service is not the greatest strength of the Hilton's program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.